Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "J0hn-Stuart-Mill" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 10th 2012

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 9

Tuesday, September 17th 2013, 10:46am

Documenting the 8 New Maps in the New Trailer

Well we finally have some internal names to go with the screenshots.

All but 8 of these screenshots taken from the new Multiplayer trailer:

So I'm skipping Paracel Storm, and Siege of Shanghai because we already have dozens of hours of gameplay on each map, but I did link their multiplayer trailers at the end of this thread. So here we go, new maps, I'm going to give them numbers roughly based on where they appear in this trailer. I am clumping screenshots together here based on visual cues, and all sources of information. I am keeping this post up to date until we have a trailer of every map. I'm not suggesting this is a perfect list, but a pretty safe bet on what we can expect from the 10 base game maps are:

1 Tropical resort themed Map ( #1 )
1 Snowy Mountain Bunker/Jail ( #2 )
2 Ultra Modern Urban City Maps ( #5, #9 )
1 Aged City Map that floods ( #3 )
1 Rural Setting with Modern Buildings ( #4 )
2 Wilderness Maps (Rural Railroad, Forest Map ( #6, #8 )
1 Remote Radio Telescope Research Construction Site ( #7 )
1 Island Map - Paracel Storm ( #10 )

Here's the whole Imgur Album:
[url=http://imgur.com/RsZMog1,iugJ08F,8egznON,a4taDIy,rwkW7pK,rUusvs9,59e5rej,V9UqAfy,F7UhVKD,1K5GrMX,WU432pP,WFKkU2d,JXOGyr9,rshPhv0,9Dd5Dc7,My06Y06,ApnDCGz,ic0rUz1,4UXEX7B,WguUIXn,lSyghDk,KhMt3Tv,YQGK0Wa,d76jcln,hz5eVYI,ji1adJX,sotzVv2]imgur: the simple image sharer[/url]

Map 1 - Hainan Resort

This is definitely not Siege of Shanghai, and not likely the the dam or levee breaking map, since this map you can clearly see palm trees, while in the shots of the Levee (#3) and Dam (#4) maps you see deciduous trees. Also the C Flag's name is "Hotel" so it seems this is a Tropical Resort Map, which we now know is correct.

Here's a shot of the real life Sheraton on Hainan Island:

Map 2 - Operation Locker

Demize tweeted about this thread this morning, confirming that the Snow and Ice map is "Operation Locker".

Rock Walls and Ceiling Clearly visible

Icicles from the ceiling and frost effect around the FOV.....

Frost while ADS

Frost:

Frost:

Now these next shots look very similar but do not have the frost effect, so the frost might have something to do with the map's levolution event.

Demize saw this thread and tweeted that despite these two screenshots below look completely different, that they are a part of this map.
https://twitter.com/Demize99/status/380239993744420864

And just this morning, one of the Battlelog Designers at Dice confirmed that this 2D Commander mode map we saw before IS the map for Operation Locker

Map 3 - Flood Zone

This map will have a transport heli, which will likely be very important if mobility is difficult for infantry.

Map 4 - Lancang Dam

Concept Art for Lancang Dam:

Note GIANT Dam wall in the background.

This is the map from the Battlefield Blog post about Commander Mode

Map 5 - Dawnbreaker, Internal Name "Tremors"

Map 6 - Golmud Railway

Golmud?Dunhuang Railway - Wikipedia

Factory visible

Factory Visible below as well

Notice the new jeep on the lower right:

Map 7 - Rogue Transmission

This is likely the new Radio Telescope that just began construction in China in 2011 - Five hundred meter Aperture Spherical Telescope - Wikipedia
It's very similar to the Giant Radio Telescope in Puerto Rico - Arecibo Observatory - Wikipedia but Arecibo doesn't have the triangular panels the trailer does, or the Chinese one does.

Notice the base of this pillar matches the support pillar from the first screenshot of this map.

Map 8 - Zavod 311

Concept Art for Zavod:

A really crappy cell phone video from Eurogamer Expo Today

Quoted

Zavod 311 puts players in a Soviet tank factory that dates back to the Cold War era. Long abandoned, Mother Nature has completely taken over the facility and now overgrown trees and bushes cover the compound. Deep within the factory is an active warhead, which players can detonate to send a towering chimney crashing to the ground. Doing this opens up gameplay paths and routes previously not available while closing others, and making the use of ground vehicles extremely difficult in the area. Players will also find munitions depots filled with highly explosive materials spread across the map that they can use to their advantage.

Map 9 - Siege of Shanghai

Map 10 - Paracel Storm

This post has been edited 44 times, last edit by "J0hn-Stuart-Mill" (Oct 22nd 2013, 8:59am)

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2013

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, September 17th 2013, 11:23am

Very nice work!

There's a lot less naval maps than I had expected. Basically only Paracel Storm, Siege of Shanghai and the Dam map. The agricultural one and Gulmud railway look like they take place in somewhere like Mongolia, and I don't expect to find any water on those maps. But perhaps I'll be surprised.

TheMightyVoice

Someone buy me an SSD

(644)

Date of registration
: May 22nd 2012

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, September 17th 2013, 11:26am

May help with identification of mentioned unknown levolution event's map.
Too tired to figure this out myself, as it is 4:30 am.
Zorro can have his Z's cut into shirts. My trademark is a bit... Flashier.

Spoiler Spoiler

<elementofprgress> yummm baby jesus
<elementofprgress> but i'd prefer jesus with ketchup

<cloon> women are allowed to play hockey?
<daddygreeenjeans> body checks are a fundamental part of women's suffrage

<Riesig> "... I'M GAY..."

steamboat28: the doctors at the ER found my nipples, too!
steamboat28: it just..y'know...took them a razor and two orderlies.

<Legion> And damn, now I really want some [redacted] penetrator measurements

<Rezal> peipin, why did you tell them you brought your phone?
<Pepin_the_Short> Because there’s like a one in five chance of getting searched on the way out
<Pepin_the_Short> And trying to sneak the fucker out is way worse than letting them look at Cloon’s dick pics.

Date of registration

Tuesday, September 17th 2013, 11:33am

There's a lot less naval maps than I had expected. Basically only Paracel Storm, Siege of Shanghai and the Dam map.

Don't forget there's a whole expansion coming that is nothing BUT naval maps.

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(666)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Reputation modifier: 8

Tuesday, September 17th 2013, 11:38am

Map 5 seems to be in underground labs.
Unknown levolution event seems to be a control room falling through a chimney or a silo-like structure. The pilones in the background seems to match the paintings of map 5.

OR its the control room located under the satelite dish, maybe map5 is the underground part of that satelite dish. That wuould mean more verticality, hence why we have fall damage reductions as perks.

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

Date of registration

Tuesday, September 17th 2013, 12:09pm

Don't forget there's a whole expansion coming that is nothing BUT naval maps.
Oh, I know =)

I had just expected to see more of them in the base game since they were hyping naval warfare and wave physics so much. But I'm actually glad they didn't go overboard, and tried to shoehorn large conspicuous bodies of water into every map, just so the boats could have a little playground.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(98)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Reputation modifier: 3

Tuesday, September 17th 2013, 12:23pm

Remember the map screen we all talked about from the tablet commander-blog? That linear thing, we heavily discussed? I would guess that is Operation Locker, and that it is that snow/underground/bunker map you put together. From the BF3 experience we know that ambience for every map is really different and these to me look jsut to similar or fit together really well.

Just as with that Railway map that was talked about, it might be that plain map with the electricity pylons. They carefully laid out that footage so we can not be sure of anything :D Well done DICE.

Edit: In the pic where that concrete pillar is destroyed, in that rotunda, isn't that snow in the background? This would support that bunker theory...And it looks like a prison too, so this might hint to Locker? Wow these assumptions^^

Date of registration

Tuesday, September 17th 2013, 12:26pm

I had just expected to see more of them in the base game since they were hyping naval warfare and wave physics so much.

Well, 3 of 10 is still pretty good, and we haven't seen much of the conifer forest map, so it could have a lot of water. Also, it's still possible that "Operation Locker" IS the snow map, and the underground mine map, and it's possible we haven't seen 2 whole maps. The only reason I think we're getting a full snow map is because it would be kind of lame to have a snow map where you only have a minor outdoor area, and 90+% of the map is underground.

Edit: LOL vincent, you beat me to it.

Date of registration

Tuesday, September 17th 2013, 12:35pm

Edit: In the pic where that concrete pillar is destroyed, in that rotunda, isn't that snow in the background? This would support that bunker theory...And it looks like a prison too, so this might hint to Locker? Wow these assumptions^^
I think you're on to something, here. Always tricky to piece together maps from trailers, for example I think the agricultural map and the Golmud Railway one look strikingly similar.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(98)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Reputation modifier: 3

Tuesday, September 17th 2013, 12:35pm

I had just expected to see more of them in the base game since they were hyping naval warfare and wave physics so much.

Well, 3 of 10 is still pretty good, and we haven't seen much of the conifer forest map, so it could have a lot of water. Also, it's still possible that "Operation Locker" IS the snow map, and the underground mine map, and it's possible we haven't seen 2 whole maps. The only reason I think we're getting a full snow map is because it would be kind of lame to have a snow map where you only have a minor outdoor area, and 90+% of the map is underground.

Edit: LOL vincent, you beat me to it.

Yeah I agree with the snow thing. Seeing as everyone is always hyped about snow and that map was so concerningly linear that it caused Metro claustrophobia they might do something different this time around and open up the top. So you could walk above and underground. On the other hand we do now know. Yet as I recall from that screen of the map layout I am pretty sure there was a rotunda AND it was in the mountains. I will look it up.

Edit: Gotcha!

So we can be quite sure that it is that snow map! Yet here we do not see these crude tunnels, so they might occur somewhere else...Or I am jsut too blind...