Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

• "DeathOfTheDodo" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 30th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Sunday, September 1st 2013, 2:58am

New Killcam: Better or just as bad?

I noticed in a lot of the Gamescom footage that DICE changed the killcam.

Instead of having your camera attached to whoever killed you, the camera stays where you died and points/zooms to whoever killed you, and they get a MoHW-esque outline.

I personally hate Killcams of any type (Hardcore servers remove it, thankfully), because it reveals your position. Though this new method is a little bit better IMO, it still tells you where you got shot from.

You're dead, you shouldn't be able to magically see people through walls.

Thoughts?
[SYM]Deathofthedodo
BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.

Date of registration
: Aug 31st 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, September 1st 2013, 3:05am

I would still prefer an FPS view of it,just like the COD one,so it could show what the guy did exactly to kill you,revealing cheaters and showing where he won u on,so you could see your mistake,but this one is better than BF3 one where it followed the guy and bugged many of the times if he started to bunny hop around.

Either war is obsolete or men are.
- R. Buckminster Fuller

---BF3---

----BF4----

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, September 1st 2013, 3:47am

CoD and Crysis Killcams do the right thing and show how the kill was achieved. THAT is a "Killcam." Battlefield's Killcam should be renamed "Killer Profile" because that's really all it does.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Sunday, September 1st 2013, 3:49am

I don't think DICE intended it to be a kill cam in the first place. If they wanted a kill cam then it would have been obvious to follow the CoD model. The way it is now seems just a way to extend respawns while giving you a reference to what just happened.

Pheo

I turn down for no one

(1,174)

Date of registration
: May 3rd 2012

Reputation modifier: 14

Sunday, September 1st 2013, 3:50am

CoD and Crysis Killcams do the right thing and show how the kill was achieved. THAT is a "Killcam." Battlefield's Killcam should be renamed "Killer Profile" because that's really all it does.

This ^ ^ ^

I want to see how I died so I can avoid it next time. Following the guy doesn't really help me if the guy is in a bush somewhere across the map.

Date of registration
: Aug 31st 2013

Battlelog:

Sunday, September 1st 2013, 4:14am

I don't think DICE intended it to be a kill cam in the first place. If they wanted a kill cam then it would have been obvious to follow the CoD model. The way it is now seems just a way to extend respawns while giving you a reference to what just happened.
They should just put Crysis Kill cam and say that is a copy of crysis not COD.

Either war is obsolete or men are.
- R. Buckminster Fuller

---BF3---

----BF4----

Date of registration
: Apr 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, September 1st 2013, 5:05am

I'd rather the view be pointed in the direction of the killer when he killed you, but not point him out or track him and when a medic is around track him instead.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, September 1st 2013, 5:05am

@Pheo

Battlefield's Killcam does very little to show what your killer did and with client side hit detection, it's even harder to detect cheating. It could very well be their internet connection allowing them to put all their shots in before you do. Or they could be using no recoil/aimbot to improve their accuracy. That headshot from across the map could very well be legit but if you don't see how they set it up, you won't know. In CoD/Crysis, you can see how the kill happened from their perspective. It turns out the guy IS using aimbot/no recoil hacks. That sniper WAS using an aimbot to help track you. That is how a Killcam should work. Not some "Here's what your killer used now guess if it's a legit kill or not hurr"
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Aug 28th 2013

Battlelog:

Sunday, September 1st 2013, 6:37am

Showing who killed you is pretty harmless feature overall. It servers its job at reducing frustration of dying all the sudden and letting you reflect on what most likely happened, even if it doesn't show exactly the scenario from the enemy perspective.
Even in CoD games, the purpose of Killcam is not to mainly spot cheaters, but to relieve same frustration. It is easier to accept failing when you see the enemy outplay you from his view.

Riesig

Random Signature Generator

(814)

Date of registration
: Mar 8th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Sunday, September 1st 2013, 8:31am

What reduces my frustration is knowing that the guy isn't a hacker.
I'm a tsundere tentacle