Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Tuesday, September 3rd 2013, 3:57pm

On board with how the 6 kill streak idea is a bad implementation of the game mechanic. I honestly rarely get above a 6 kill streak but I'm constantly flanking the enemy from behind and harassing them up close which means I die a lot but I am just as much an asset to my team as my friend who likes to stay back a bit and pick off OPFOR that are unaware. In addition, it's this combination that is really powerful and is the actual threat.
I'm guessing that the reason there is a minimum kill streak limit is to prevent commander abuse. Imagine if the opposing commander has got a personal hard-on for you, and keeps selecting you to be hunted down by his team even though you're not remotely a credible threat. Purely because he hates your guts, thinks you're a hacker or whatever. It could lead to a lot of animosity and rage-quitting.

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Tuesday, September 3rd 2013, 5:56pm

On board with how the 6 kill streak idea is a bad implementation of the game mechanic. I honestly rarely get above a 6 kill streak but I'm constantly flanking the enemy from behind and harassing them up close which means I die a lot but I am just as much an asset to my team as my friend who likes to stay back a bit and pick off OPFOR that are unaware. In addition, it's this combination that is really powerful and is the actual threat.
I'm guessing that the reason there is a minimum kill streak limit is to prevent commander abuse. Imagine if the opposing commander has got a personal hard-on for you, and keeps selecting you to be hunted down by his team even though you're not remotely a credible threat. Purely because he hates your guts, thinks you're a hacker or whatever. It could lead to a lot of animosity and rage-quitting.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean since the part that you quoted me on doesn't seem to be totally applicable to your statement. Do you mean that SPM or score would allow people to jump in and get abused before doing anything? If a person jumps in with a high average SPM and automatically is illegible to be marked? I suppose one way to fix that would be to just make sure the criteria being used was all achieved in that specific round. In this case, fluke 6 kill streaks happen, just as much as any other measure of skill. Though I could see SPM still being bad because a person could just jump in and quickly getting one or two kills and their SPM would shoot up even though they haven't done anything remotely useful.

1-WHO-1

Steadiest Stick in the Sky

(57)

Date of registration
: Mar 6th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Tuesday, September 3rd 2013, 6:05pm

Exactly. Or you were doing really well, you die, and then the commander keeps harassing you.
- Don't be a Mini-bob

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Tuesday, September 3rd 2013, 6:09pm

I'm not exactly sure what you mean since the part that you quoted me on doesn't seem to be totally applicable to your statement. Do you mean that SPM or score would allow people to jump in and get abused before doing anything? If a person jumps in with a high average SPM and automatically is illegible to be marked? I suppose one way to fix that would be to just make sure the criteria being used was all achieved in that specific round. In this case, fluke 6 kill streaks happen, just as much as any other measure of skill. Though I could see SPM still being bad because a person could just jump in and quickly getting one or two kills and their SPM would shoot up even though they haven't done anything remotely useful.
Sorry, I wasn't quite clear. I was referring to the general sentiment among many here that the HVT shouldn't be tied to kill streaks at all - that it should be applicable to any enemy player, for example with a tank that just rolled up or the flanking player who's being a nuisance but doesn't quite make it to 6 kills. My argument was simply that having an HVT be marked regardless of his actual score (kills, SPM etc.) could lead to situations where abusive commanders could deliberately troll select players.

EDIT: Oh, and potentially abusive commanders would have a very slim chance of being vote-kicked, as their trolling would only affect the enemy team. Their own team may be quite unaware that were constantly going for the same players (and even if they were aware, it's doubtful they would kick him).

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Jais" (Sep 3rd 2013, 6:31pm)

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Tuesday, September 3rd 2013, 6:19pm

Sorry, I wasn't quite clear. I was referring to the general sentiment among many here that the HVT shouldn't be tied to kill streaks at all - that it should be applicable to any enemy player, for example with a tank that just rolled up or the flanking player who's being a nuisance but doesn't quite make it to 6 kills. My argument was simply that having an HVT be marked regardless of his actual score (kills, SPM etc.) could lead to situations where abusive commanders could deliberately troll select players.
Agreed then, but I wasn't making the argument that it should be applicable to any player without criteria, I was just trying to suggest a more useful criteria. Making it 6 kill streak allows a lot of useful players to slip under the radar.