Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Frosty

Staying frosty.

(172)

• "Frosty" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, August 26th 2013, 8:26am

New gameplay from jackfrags: Shorty and AK5C in action

12G SHORTY + AK5C Domination! C4 QUADS + Heli Roadkill - BATTLEFIELD 4 MULTIPLAYER GAMEPLAY - YouTube

The Shorty seems really effective. So I guess the M26 MASS will just be entirely redundant?

mmacola

Console Testing Bro

(137)

Date of registration
: Nov 23rd 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, August 26th 2013, 8:33am

I don't know about that man.
It probably:
-Has a terrible pellet spread
-Has a terrible accuracy
-Has low pellet count
It does:
-Use two hands so no-no to using it on the water
-Have terribly slow empty reload (when you remember that it only has 3 shells, that is surely an inconvenience(unless there is ext mags available, which I guess it does not))

And we don't know how it will be balanced. Will it have the same values as the regular pump actions or will it be worse (like a semi auto)?

bboypaktailo

Ruining people's shows since 2014

(424)

Date of registration
: Dec 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Monday, August 26th 2013, 8:36am

But still, its effective.

I'm only proud of my BF3 stats. I've barely played BF4.
I am a proud member of the Church of The One True Tohsaka. Our one and only Goddess!

Spoiler Spoiler

Starting the usual old members style of putting random quotes in signatures
You go up to a girl and say you're part of the most elite Battlefield 3 forum.
instasex.

This is Symthic: Game Science not Symthic : I felt it in my balls.

How to fix hitreg:
1. Go to server browser
2. Join 3rd world country server with 40000000 ping
3. Enjoy

Spoiler Spoiler

And.... I banged the fucking computer box yet again last night.... She had moved it a bit, but not to a better spot <.<

WAT. YOU BANGED IT?

All those open ports where just too much temptation for him...

Now this section is woowee special. This, is when DaRubester is drunk.
I think I should sacrifice part of my sigs just for when Rube is drunk.

DOOOIT MANG. ILL REP U NBRO

Currently playing: Dota 2, CS:GO
Playing on PS2 Emulator: Suikoden series

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, August 26th 2013, 8:38am

Also the AK5C seems to have very little recoil. I suppose if they're going to try to make carbines relevant, giving them low recoil is one way of doing that. Though, in reality, carbines have greater recoil than full size rifles.

Also some what concerning, he got countered knifed twice. That seems a bit too much for good luck and chance.

Edit:
Good to see that the HK416 finally has the 14.5 in barrel, even though that still makes it a carbine, but at least it is formatted with the longest barrel possible. It was difficult to tell in previous first person footage due to the foreshortening.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "cAMP" (Aug 26th 2013, 8:45am)

Frosty

Staying frosty.

(172)

• "Frosty" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, August 26th 2013, 8:44am

I don't know about that man.
It probably:
-Has a terrible pellet spread
-Has a terrible accuracy
-Has low pellet count
It does:
-Use two hands so no-no to using it on the water
-Have terribly slow empty reload (when you remember that it only has 3 shells, that is surely an inconvenience(unless there is ext mags available, which I guess it does not))

And we don't know how it will be balanced. Will it have the same values as the regular pump actions or will it be worse (like a semi auto)?
As long as it still has a decent chance to one-shot enemies at short-ish range, it'll still be tremendously effective. To me, this looks like the perfect sidearm for someone using a belt-fed LMG and a really good sidearm for just about anyone else.

The MASS was already underused in BF3 and now there's an all-kit weapon that essentially fills the same role but at a much lower cost. Giving up your pistol is nothing compared to giving up medpacks or the defibrillator.

Also the AK5C seems to have very little recoil. I suppose if they're going to try to make carbines relevant, giving them low recoil is one way of doing that. Though, in reality, carbines have greater recoil than full size rifles.
That's kind of the point of the gun. It shoots at 700 RPM after all, making it one of the slower-firing carbines.

Date of registration
: Jul 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, August 26th 2013, 9:46am

from what little i've seen, rifles in BF4 basically divides into two camps: 1) slow shooting, but steady/accurate, or 2) fast shooting, but heavy recoil. the super shorty is obviously designed for the first camp, which needs a strong close range equalizer that allows them to go toe to toe with faster shooting rifles and/or shotguns.

also, the man used the AK12, but didn't bother to test it in burstfire mode. sadface.

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Monday, August 26th 2013, 9:55am

The super shorty seems like it will be the perfect "finisher", for when you run out of ammo at close range before the enemy is fully dead.
Wide spread and lots of pellets means you only need to aim in the general direction of the enemy, if he's already injured it should only take a couple of pellets hitting to kill him.
It can be surprisingly hard to land hits with a pistol at point blank range, the super shorty solves that problem.
bob

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, August 26th 2013, 10:08am

I've been saying if for a while, but I swear gun play will be very MOH ish

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser
Come join us on teamspeak!!!
Symthic/Team Symthic Teamspeak: TeamSym.Nitrado.net

Witchalok

Grounded in reality

(301)

Date of registration
: Mar 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, August 26th 2013, 1:29pm

For those of us who have not played/followed MOH, what do you mean exactly?

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, August 26th 2013, 1:54pm

For those of us who have not played/followed MOH, what do you mean exactly?

Its kinda weird to compare them because MOH was a VERY close quarters game. Every once and while you would end up in engagements that are typical BF range. At the BF like ranges recoil took some SERIOUS effort to control depending on your gun, attachments, and ammo. Think high FSMs, normal vertical per shot, slightly more random H recoil. Made bursting at range a work out with some guns. lol Then stuff like even if you knew someone ducked behind cover to reload you had to think twice because he could be packing a shotty as a secondary. I mean my take on MOH tends to be a little different though(as in most people hated it but I thought FOR WHAT IT WAS it was a decent fun game) so others could have a totally different take then me on MOH gun play.

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser
Come join us on teamspeak!!!
Symthic/Team Symthic Teamspeak: TeamSym.Nitrado.net