Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

• "Watcher-45" started this thread

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Thursday, August 29th 2013, 4:17am

All you wussies. You only need ironsights! Big Boss understands this. And before you rail on about how sniper rifles should be using optics, check this out. And not to mention that 1000 yd iron sights is an actual competitive shooting division...

That just sounds extremely unlikely... ;o I can't believe that UN troops (mostly Americans) would just stroll around day after day being subjected to such intense and accurate sniping ;>

Though similar things have happened, although more well documented and against less trained troops... Simo Häyhä - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Beat me to it...

Iron sights are BAMF. I don't use them all the time in BF3, but 2 guns I frequently use exclusively with irons are the SKS and SV98. It makes the game a bit more challenging and a lot more fun!

In BC2 I was all about the M1s. Garand and Thompson FTW!

On a slightly related note, I'm about to permanently modify my Mosin Nagant M91/30 to use a scope. Iron sights will be removed...
It's all good, though. It's a dime-a-dozen armory refurb 91/30 from 1942. The only thing worth anything on the gun is the headspace and bore.

Getting a new stock, trigger, bolt-handle, and scope rail, and the barrel is getting cut/crowned which will include the removal of the front sight and the rear sight base.

In consolation I have an armory original 1944 M44 carbine with clear cartouches and matching serial numbers that will stay a factory original M44. It's a blast to shoot, and a looker, too!
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Watcher-45" (Aug 29th 2013, 4:22am)

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,156)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, August 29th 2013, 5:09am

@Watcher-45

I use iron sights on everything except belt-feds and sniper rifles. Even got used to the SCARs.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.