Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Frosty

Staying frosty.

(172)

• "Frosty" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Thursday, August 22nd 2013, 10:04pm

Too many miniguns?

I understand that DICE is trying to buff naval vehicles and all, but isn't it a bit excessive to put miniguns on ALL of them? (excluding jetskis, obviously)

IMO, the miniguns on attack boats and RHIBS should be replaced with .50 cals. Give them a damage buff so that they won't need an absurd number of hits to drop an enemy soldier and it'll be fine. Not only would it feel more authentic to have .50 cals, but it would also lead to more acoustical diversity. Miniguns should feel like powerful weapons and thus be reserved for a select few vehicles (namely scout/transport helicopters) so that you can recognize them when you hear their sound.

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,948)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, August 22nd 2013, 10:15pm

I haven't been able to watch anything BF4 related due to connection issues, but if the miniguns are the same as BF3 transport helis, I can just day, RAAAAAAAPE.

I have the habit to land the Venom on the big mountain on Noshahr during the 3rd/4th bases, the minigun shreds shit even at those ranges (200+) <3
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,974)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, August 22nd 2013, 10:26pm

@Frosty

The trouble with buffing the .50 cals to something marginally similar to its real life counterpart is that it becomes too powerful. The M82 makes an appearance as a Battle Pickup weapon which justifies its enormous damage and range. However, putting them on boats would force a rebalance and well, we saw what happened to .50 cals in BF3. Besides, a minigun is far easier to use and balance since you can watch the tracers fly and just decrease the damage to compensate for the ROF.

On a side note, I wish that DICE would bring back automatic grenade launchers if they're going to bring back Emplaced MGs.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Labby

(6,444)

Date of registration
: Sep 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, August 22nd 2013, 10:58pm

Can't have too many miniguns.
[Aetherblade Medium Boots]

JOIN THE TEAMSPEAK (L)EVOLUTION: teamsym.nitrado.net

Frosty

Staying frosty.

(172)

• "Frosty" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Thursday, August 22nd 2013, 10:59pm

@Frosty

The trouble with buffing the .50 cals to something marginally similar to its real life counterpart is that it becomes too powerful. The M82 makes an appearance as a Battle Pickup weapon which justifies its enormous damage and range. However, putting them on boats would force a rebalance and well, we saw what happened to .50 cals in BF3. Besides, a minigun is far easier to use and balance since you can watch the tracers fly and just decrease the damage to compensate for the ROF.

On a side note, I wish that DICE would bring back automatic grenade launchers if they're going to bring back Emplaced MGs.

Battle pickup weapons are actually very similar to vehicles (and therefore their mounted weaponry) in that their availability is limited. But that's besides the point.

I don't see a problem with balancing .50 cal. HMGs. The Battlefield series has had plenty of them, so why should they suddenly become a balance issue? They never were a one-hit-kill and no one expects them to be. But it's reasonable to expect them to be fairly effective rather than just pitiful. There was no reason to make them THAT weak in BF3. They were really good weapons in BC2, yet no one complained.

Can't have too many miniguns.
Will you still say that when your scout helo is under constant minigun barrage from all sides?

Labby

(6,444)

Date of registration
: Sep 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, August 22nd 2013, 11:10pm

Will you still say that when your scout helo is under constant minigun barrage from all sides?

Yes.

Miniguns have good DPS at close range, but are terrible at range and their bullets have short TTL.

Unlike the .50 in BF3, which while it had lower DPS, had insane range, better than the MAA.
[Aetherblade Medium Boots]

JOIN THE TEAMSPEAK (L)EVOLUTION: teamsym.nitrado.net

Maveco

You can't stop the Smooze!

(610)

Date of registration
: Mar 16th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Friday, August 23rd 2013, 1:37am

It will hopefully give boats a chance to defend themselves against choppers and infantry specially when you're a sitting duck on the water without any kind of consistent form of cover

Also one must note that it costs 400'000 dollars to fire this weapon, for 12 seconds

mmacola

Console Testing Bro

(137)

Date of registration
: Nov 23rd 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, August 23rd 2013, 2:23am

Also one must note that it costs 400'000 dollars to fire this weapon, for 12 seconds
Damn I wonder how much those ammo kits cost.

And miniguns are cool. Nice to see them having crosshairs instead of a dot. The dot shaking around isn't very helpful when aiming (especially on consoles where aim correction is terrible on sensitivity-locked vehicles)

Toshiro

I DID choose the ban life

(737)

• "Toshiro" has been banned

Date of registration
: Apr 10th 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Friday, August 23rd 2013, 2:42am

@mmacola

His statement about the price was a reference. It's not actually true.

I like the miniguns on boats. They'll be so easy to take out without them if you have a scout heli or AH.
I'm a cat

You're all mice.

mmacola

Console Testing Bro

(137)

Date of registration
: Nov 23rd 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, August 23rd 2013, 2:44am

@Toshiro

My statement about the ammo kits was a joke. It's not actually serious.