Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Frosty

Staying frosty.

(172)

• "Frosty" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, August 19th 2013, 3:08pm

The Road to Battlefield: Field Upgrades Revisited

So here's a little bit of official clarification how some of the more controversial perks (particularly body armour) will work:

The Battlefield Blog | The Road to Battlefield 4: Field Upgrades Revisited

Quoted

Armor
Unlike previous versions of Body Armor in Bad Company, this Field Upgrade in Battlefield 4 is more similar to the more limited setups in BF2 and BF2142. It does not increase your overall health, instead it makes the small upper chest hit box more resilient to damage, equal to the rest of the body. In practice, this means that snipers can’t 1HK your upper chest at point blank ranges. It also provides some small protection from shotgun burst damage, though your head, legs, arms, and stomach remain unprotected. At medium and longer ranges, the armor has no effect on how many bullets it takes to kill a player. Essentially, Body Armor is for countering CQB sniper rifles, and not much else.

Reduced Fall

Small falls will not cause damage, however, the lethal fall distance remains the same. For example, without Reduced Fall jumping from the 2nd story of a building would cause 25 damage, and jumping from the 3rd story might cause 50 damage. With Reduced Fall the damage from the 2nd floor jump is eliminated, but jumping from the 3rd story will still cause 50 damage.

Stealth and Quick Unspot

These are both minor adjustments to the spotting system. Players are spotted for about 7 seconds by default, the Quick Unspot reduces this to 5 seconds. It’s important to note it doesn’t otherwise change any spotting behavior, for example if you track a spotted player he will stay spotted even with Quick Unspot equipped. Stealth simply adjusts the speed threshold for detection in Motion Sensors. A basic player can avoid being spotted by a Motion Sensor if they crouch or prone while moving. Stealth allows you to move at normal speed, however all players will be spotted by Motion Sensors at Sprint speed. Stealth is only available to the Recon kit, and must be earned through squad play. Both of these are good tools to play in a stealthier manner, but they hardly make a player invisible.

So the good news is:
Body Armour doesn't change shots to kill at any range for any weapon, it just prevents 1-hit-kills from snipers to the upper torso and a limited amount of protection against shotguns.

The bad news is:
This pretty much confirms that bolt-action rifles will do 1-hit-kills at short range.

bboypaktailo

Ruining people's shows since 2014

(424)

Date of registration
: Dec 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Monday, August 19th 2013, 3:13pm

It was already confirmed with the game files, but its nice to know that we have a counter.

I'm only proud of my BF3 stats. I've barely played BF4.
I am a proud member of the Church of The One True Tohsaka. Our one and only Goddess!

Spoiler Spoiler

Starting the usual old members style of putting random quotes in signatures
You go up to a girl and say you're part of the most elite Battlefield 3 forum.
instasex.

This is Symthic: Game Science not Symthic : I felt it in my balls.

How to fix hitreg:
1. Go to server browser
2. Join 3rd world country server with 40000000 ping
3. Enjoy

Spoiler Spoiler

And.... I banged the fucking computer box yet again last night.... She had moved it a bit, but not to a better spot <.<

WAT. YOU BANGED IT?

All those open ports where just too much temptation for him...

Now this section is woowee special. This, is when DaRubester is drunk.
I think I should sacrifice part of my sigs just for when Rube is drunk.

DOOOIT MANG. ILL REP U NBRO

Currently playing: Dota 2, CS:GO
Playing on PS2 Emulator: Suikoden series

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, August 19th 2013, 3:45pm

These are good news, I even feared that it would be more effective to shoot players in the lower abdomen than in the upper torso if they were running Armor. Good thing that BTK is not affected for guns outside BAs and shotguns.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Monday, August 19th 2013, 3:47pm

Seems like it tells us that bolt-action rifles will have the same damage model as in BF3, OHK to the chest at point blank only, no 100 minimum damage like in the alpha. I haven't been particularly bothered by this system in BF3, so I don't think there will be any problems in BF4 either. And now we even get a counter if there happens to be a round with a particularly twitchy recon running around quickscoping like a boss.

STEALTH also seems a lot less powerful now that we know that motion scanners have been nerfed in general. It will still be a useful perk for certain tactics, but not game changing like it seemed at first sight.
bob

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,416)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Monday, August 19th 2013, 5:16pm

I am still not really clear if it hinders ARs for example to do max damage at point blank range. I wonder if it prevents OHK from shotguns though, or if it lowers their distance. Countering CQB sniper rifles is a good thing, yet I do not see why one would not want that protection, since the Defense perk brings some really good other upgrades as well. Neither do I understand the need of making a counter for OHKs when you could just make the BAs not one shot kills unless to the head.

For the rest, I never thought they were gamebreaking and T-UGS could get rather overpowered on infantry heavy maps, but the stealth thing will not make a huge difference.

The fall thingy is great though!

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, August 19th 2013, 5:22pm

My guess is that ARMOR simply sets the upper chest damage multiplier to 1, so it will have no effect on ARs and other guns that don't have any upper chest multiplier. If it's the same model as BF3 it will only affect sniper rifles, revolvers and shotgun slugs. And pump-action slugs have a base damage of 100 so they will still OHK anywhere except the legs at point blank, but ARMOR prevents a OHK to the upper chest once damage dropo-ff starts.
bob

Date of registration
: Apr 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, August 19th 2013, 5:24pm

we know that motion scanners have been nerfed in general.

What do you mean?

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, August 19th 2013, 5:50pm

we know that motion scanners have been nerfed in general.

What do you mean?

This: "A basic player can avoid being spotted by a Motion Sensor if they crouch
or prone while moving. Stealth allows you to move at normal speed,
however all players will be spotted by Motion Sensors at Sprint speed."
So unlike BF3, scanners won't detect motionless players, you can even sneak around when crouching and stay off the scanner.
bob

Toshiro

I DID choose the ban life

(737)

• "Toshiro" has been banned

Date of registration
: Apr 10th 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Monday, August 19th 2013, 6:17pm

>Prox Scan ways to avoid. I'm betting quite a lot of money (two cents) that "motion sensors" also includes Prox. This will give way for strategy in taking out or avoiding a tank. Thanks DICE!

@Spectacle

I agree. That was well put, thanks for clarifying.
I'm a cat

You're all mice.

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Monday, August 19th 2013, 6:22pm

Sounds good to me :)
And honestly I've not had too many problems with 1HK Bolt Actions so I don't see if being much of a problem personally.

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!