Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

J35T3R

Punctual Joker

(74)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, August 14th 2013, 7:51am

depends on there implementation but your guess is as good as mine and if it does not jam tv what is left at4 ?? and will unguided missles fly through it ie rpg unguided attack heli rounds
PC: Platform: PC

youtube chanel HIPFIREGAMER - YouTube

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, August 14th 2013, 7:54am

My impression is that the Iron Fist is a hard-kill active anti-projectile countermeasure.

To put it simply, the Iron Fist deploys a projectile against any incoming, fast moving threats identified as missiles. I always figured that the BF4 countermeasure would protect against RPGs, but it seems like RPGs will be guided now either way. So I'm not really sure what to think-- I don't see how they're going to make Iron Fist any different than IR smoke, after all, if everything's guided, what's left that's common enough to protect against? TV missiles are few and far between.

Iron Fist would protect against a TV-guided missile in real life though.

EDIT: I feel like this might be a little off topic, but Iron Fist and the Shock Absorber seem to both be related items, so I guess we're good.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Joltthecoat" (Aug 14th 2013, 8:02am)

Frosty

Staying frosty.

(172)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Wednesday, August 14th 2013, 8:19am

Will this thing also be effective against Tomahawk missiles? That would be interesting to know.

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Wednesday, August 14th 2013, 11:32am

I'm surprised that they're adding more countermeasures, since the interaction of lock-on weapons and countermeasures have proven so hard to make fun and balanced in BF3.
bob

Wednesday, August 14th 2013, 12:24pm

Shock Absorber is totally OP

Frosty

Staying frosty.

(172)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Saturday, August 24th 2013, 7:14pm

For those who don't know yet, the MP-APS is a support class gadget. I wonder what exactly it does and why it's somehow important for infantry (particularly the support class) to defend against guided missiles. I mean, I can see some use in protecting friendly equipment (like SOFLAMS) or the "new" shielded HMGs that are placed on the map, but protecting vehicles seems pretty difficult with a stationary gadgets. Unless we're talking about a vehicle that's sitting still to get repaired, of course.

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Saturday, August 24th 2013, 9:22pm

For those who don't know yet, the MP-APS is a support class gadget. I wonder what exactly it does and why it's somehow important for infantry (particularly the support class) to defend against guided missiles. I mean, I can see some use in protecting friendly equipment (like SOFLAMS) or the "new" shielded HMGs that are placed on the map, but protecting vehicles seems pretty difficult with a stationary gadgets. Unless we're talking about a vehicle that's sitting still to get repaired, of course.
Maybe it can also stop the commander's Tomahawk missile? That could be a useful ability.
bob

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, August 24th 2013, 10:18pm

I remember watching a video where a person lays down the MP APS and then throws a grenade but the grenade never goes off. IRL this thing only works against missiles right? I guess DICE fudged it a bit and made it useful against all explosives?

It could be really useful for defending chokes that get explosive spammed, ie B flag from USMC spawn on metro.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Saturday, August 24th 2013, 10:41pm

I remember watching a video where a person lays down the MP APS and then throws a grenade but the grenade never goes off. IRL this thing only works against missiles right? I guess DICE fudged it a bit and made it useful against all explosives?

It could be really useful for defending chokes that get explosive spammed, ie B flag from USMC spawn on metro.

It jams/disrupts signals which... well... basically only radar guided missiles... Heat looks for heat and doesn't really send/receive anything.. wire guided doesn't give a shit... Grenades definitely wouldn't give a shit ;> Maybe C4 since it's a radio signal...

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again