Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Blue Panda" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 6th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Thursday, July 11th 2013, 10:13pm

Gamescom 2013: Interview with DICE and more! WILL BE LIVE TWEETED

Last year I went to Gamescom to gather some information about Armored Kill and I'm glad to say that I'll go again this year for Battlefield 4. We managed to get an invite from EA to access the DICE lounge, where we will get the chance to play BF4 and to interview some people from DICE.

I created this thread to give you guys the chance to ask them some questions as well (a list will be added to this post).
Stay nice, offensive questions will get deleted.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Blue Panda" (Jul 11th 2013, 10:24pm)

theaha

(1,051)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Thursday, July 11th 2013, 10:15pm

Remember fellow question askers this is Symthic first official event and we need to keep things clean (and someone toned down) in this thread as I pretty positive it will be looked at. Hopefully this is something that will open doors to future invites for events but lets show what a real symthic discussion looks like. :P Bring on the numbers!

My question is that with battlelog there is the infrastructure that would allow battllog to be the a portal for matches and leagues (squad rush to 32 vs 32). (somewhat replacing what esl/cevo does) This would allow teams to find each other easier and could even result in some ladder rankings and matches. Is there any plans or possible plans to use battlelog in this manner?
----------------------------
<Haemoglobin> I was like LOLOLOLOL HERE COMES THE PAIN
----------------------------
<J0hn> if it's a computer, i touch it... professionally
---------------------------

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "theaha" (Jul 11th 2013, 10:23pm)

Toshiro46

I DID choose the ban life

(737)

• "Toshiro46" has been banned

Date of registration
: Apr 10th 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, July 11th 2013, 10:18pm

Will the Support have any anti vehicle capabilities?

Will there be a Crossbow?

@Blue Panda

Also, there's already a page in the Bf4 sub forum for feedback, so I'd check that. :D
I'm a cat

You're all mice.

Suiizide

Resident Pro

(744)

Date of registration
: Dec 30th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Thursday, July 11th 2013, 10:36pm

Can we sneak in one question about recoil mechanics in BF3? :P

I'd like to know if the Battle Pickup weapons are going to stay as they are truth be told. I'd also like to know if the map design is going to be less Metro and Bazaar style oriented. Don't really know what else there is to ask currently.

Sig

The T-90 is a challenge, the BTR-90 is going to kill everyone in a 100 meter radius and go flying off a hill into a helicopter only to drive off while the corpse of the Cobra it just went through is being dragged through the beach on Oman.
The game will include a fully automatic An-94 launcher, literally firing Abakans at 600 RPM.
clicky
I expect rep.
If J3ST3R is dead, I think I just heard the entity that is grammar let out a sigh of relief...
To say nothing of the inordinate expense incurred by adding functionality to the gun that I may not ever use.
IKEA is the problem! Its all Desksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesks but oh, oh the second you say you want a table they chuckle and say "A table? You mean a kitchen table? How about a bedside table? Oh! Oh you must mean a dining room table!" and I'm like "NO! NO I JUST WANT A STANDARD, BLACK, BORING TABLE!" and they look at me then smile and go "You mean this? £170..." :(
Also, why does the RANDOM thread have a topic?

Why do fish have legs?
Fucking dutch.

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, July 11th 2013, 10:42pm

I'm curious about how levolution will fit into the other maps; I want other examples.

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, July 11th 2013, 10:46pm

1. Will macros continue to go unbanned?
2. Will euro hipfire be present in BF4?
3. Will the hipfire glitch be present in BF4?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ToTheSun!" (Jul 11th 2013, 11:10pm)

Date of registration
: May 29th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, July 11th 2013, 10:54pm

Will they fix the exploit with the ADS accurate hipfire?
Infantry grunt, nothing special

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(708)

Date of registration
: May 14th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, July 11th 2013, 10:57pm

Will they fix the exploit with the ADS accurate hipfire?
I'm also interested in hearing if effective/general combat range is reduced as it seems to be by the gun stats and how much more balancing will be done before the final release.

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
AMD R9 280x MSI Twin Frozr OC'ed to 1150MHz Core. 1700MHz Memory.
8GB Crucial RAM 1600MHz CL9-9-9-24 1T.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
MSI 990 series motherboard
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Thursday, July 11th 2013, 11:01pm

I second recoil mechanics. especially for horizontal recoil.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Date of registration
: Apr 20th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Thursday, July 11th 2013, 11:04pm

What lessons have you learnt from BF3 with regards to balance and polish? BF3 was a very ambitious game that tried to do a lot of different things, but it didnít always succeed at what it set out to do and sometimes it was difficult bridging the gulf between the game that is and the game that it should be. You could see weapons buffed in one patch then triple nerfed in the next, gadgets alternating between useless and overpowered, gamebreaking bugs persisting for months at a time and whole playstyles could be destroyed or created in each new build.

What can you say about competitive support for BF4? However remember that BF3 made some promises for competitive support that it didnít really deliver on.

What modes can we expect to see in BF4? Vanilla BF3 had a couple of core modes but most of the modes introduced in DLCs were overly gimmicky or short-lived.

Do you have any systems or ideas to deal with the problem of poor server admins kicking/banning legitimate players?