Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jul 4th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, July 4th 2013, 6:04am

Knife counters from the front?

Excellent idea.

Knife counters from the rear?

...aw, hell no.
You've seen Symthic.com, you've met the users, read the posts, experienced the mathematical extravaganza within...but now you can expand your experience! This add-on pack breathes new life into Symthic.com with a variety of new posts, topics, threads, and other amazing additions! You haven't experienced the TRUE Symthic.com until you download this new and improved user!*

A world of fantastic new experiences is yours!

*by downloading this signature you agree to the Terms & Services and the AUP listed by site administrators, bound by the laws of conduct and commerce for each recipient's respective country, state, province, or region.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Friday, August 23rd 2013, 10:56pm

It would be a good idea if the knife counter would only be available from the front, like the guy is in the video - you can see a little "[F] Counter knife" thing pop up while the enemy soldier is facing the player. Thus, if it is coming from behind, you wouldn't know what was happening and can't react fast enough - makes sense, the enemy put in the effort to sneak up behind you. However, if the enemy is just (panic) knifing from the front, giving a chance to counter that would make sense because you could see it coming.
that actually makes alot of sense

But front knifing isn't an instant kill...Unless its going to be in this one. I hope it isn't cos it'll just turn into a re-run of CoD/BC2 :pinch:

Counter knife has been confirmed to only be available from the front. Knives from the back are certain kills.

(there's always been front knife btw, just doesn't happen very often :>)

19:00
Battlefield 4 Gamescom Livestream 23rd Aug | Part 2 - Patrick Bach Q&A & Paracel Storm Gameplay - YouTube

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Friday, August 23rd 2013, 11:41pm

I did hear also that spamming the "f" key doesn't automatically mean you get the counter, so you actually do have to wait for the prompt to appear on screen before hitting "f" in order to counter it.
Not sure how they made it anti-spam, but I guess it's not something you can train for and win 100% of the time.

I think to further this they should have made it a random key among X amount of keys. For example, if it can be E, F, R, Q, or Space it could be any one of those that shows up as a counter. Not only do you have to be quick, you have to have good awareness and instinct, much like if you were countering IRL.
FarCry3 is like this to some degree.
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler