Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

GamerRevolution

My common sense is tingling.

(50)

• "GamerRevolution" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 10th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, June 11th 2013, 12:00am

Knife Counter

So apparently theres a counter to the knife now... I'm just glad something like this finally got implemented. I got really tired of the BS, bitch tactic that is people camping in darkened corners just to get a knife kill.
You can see the counter at the very end of the video: Battlefield 4 - Siege of Shanghai Multiplayer Trailer [E3 2013] - YouTube

hunturk

Owner Of The World's Most Powerful Neck

(1,652)

Date of registration
: Aug 4th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Tuesday, June 11th 2013, 12:03am

This isn't a good idea in my opinion. If someone has the opportunity to knife you then they should be given the kill.
Personally, i don't take a stance on whether or not there is a creating entity because i'm humble enough to realize, in my fucking insignificance, the concept escapes my comprehension with a lead of 9001 light years.
RIP SRAW

Wadayoutalkenabeet

Oscar and Moe <3

GamerRevolution

(50)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, June 11th 2013, 12:07am

This isn't a good idea in my opinion. If someone has the opportunity to knife you then they should be given the kill.
when they hide in darkened corners, prone, inside of a cardboard box, with a motion sensor, and the ping of Walmart bathroom whore then they dont deserve jack shit!

Date of registration
: Apr 28th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Tuesday, June 11th 2013, 12:10am

It would be a good idea if the knife counter would only be available from the front, like the guy is in the video - you can see a little "[F] Counter knife" thing pop up while the enemy soldier is facing the player. Thus, if it is coming from behind, you wouldn't know what was happening and can't react fast enough - makes sense, the enemy put in the effort to sneak up behind you. However, if the enemy is just (panic) knifing from the front, giving a chance to counter that would make sense because you could see it coming.

J35T3R

Punctual Joker

(74)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, June 11th 2013, 12:10am

there always was a knife counter it just doesnt happen often there are plenty of examples on youtube
PC: Platform: PC

youtube chanel HIPFIREGAMER - YouTube

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, June 11th 2013, 12:11am

when they hide in darkened corners, prone, inside of a cardboard box, with a motion sensor, and the ping of Walmart bathroom whore then they dont deserve jack shit!
Well, that case is far from common. If the knife takedown is countereable it becomes totally useless. Who wants to lock themselves in a multiple second animation just to get countered by someone who responds to a prompt and presses F?

Also: inb4 knife counter-counter and knife counter-counter-counter and two players getting stuck spamming F for the remainder of the round.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

GamerRevolution

(50)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, June 11th 2013, 12:12am

It would be a good idea if the knife counter would only be available from the front, like the guy is in the video - you can see a little "[F] Counter knife" thing pop up while the enemy soldier is facing the player. Thus, if it is coming from behind, you wouldn't know what was happening and can't react fast enough - makes sense, the enemy put in the effort to sneak up behind you. However, if the enemy is just (panic) knifing from the front, giving a chance to counter that would make sense because you could see it coming.
that actually makes alot of sense

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Tuesday, June 11th 2013, 12:13am

Someone's had a few bad experiences it seems :whistling:

Personally I think this could be fun but only if they balance it...Which they won't. The counter attack will either be too easy to pull off making knifing totally useless or way to difficult making the ability useless in the first place :P

...Also is it bad to admit that I actually quite like the look of Battlefield 4 even after I've been adamant that I wouldn't be touching it? :pinch:

But front knifing isn't an instant kill...Unless its going to be in this one. I hope it isn't cos it'll just turn into a re-run of CoD/BC2 :pinch:

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!

GamerRevolution

(50)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, June 11th 2013, 12:20am

Someone's had a few bad experiences it seems :whistling:

Personally I think this could be fun but only if they balance it...Which they won't. The counter attack will either be too easy to pull off making knifing totally useless or way to difficult making the ability useless in the first place :P

...Also is it bad to admit that I actually quite like the look of Battlefield 4 even after I've been adamant that I wouldn't be touching it? :pinch:

But front knifing isn't an instant kill...Unless its going to be in this one. I hope it isn't cos it'll just turn into a re-run of CoD/BC2 :pinch:
Front knifing happens occasionally in BF3 (likely due to lag) and yes I have had bad experiences with people camping for knife kills. I just dont understand why the knife is used as much as a weapon for campers as it is used as an anti-camper weapon. It should only be used for the latter in my opinion.

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Tuesday, June 11th 2013, 12:22am

Front knifing happens occasionally in BF3 (likely due to lag) and yes I have had bad experiences with people camping for knife kills. I just dont understand why the knife is used as much as a weapon for campers as it is used as an anti-camper weapon. It should only be used for the latter in my opinion.

Lol, I think I've encountered one knife camper ever and he got my mate meaning he received a free trial of "Viper Special Revitalising M60 Face Cream" before kitswitch-rezzing my mate and continuing on like it never happened. We never saw him again :D

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!