Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "bf4 classbalance" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 4th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, June 5th 2013, 12:34am

BF4 Class Balance

I've been thinking about class balance for bf4, let me know what you think :D

All Classes Have: PDWs, Shotguns, regular grenades, and knife

Assault:
Weapons: Assault Rifles

Equipment slot 1: Grenade Launcher, Smoke Launcher, or Under Barrel Shotgun (they work exactly the same as in bf3 with under barrel attachment on, so faster reloading)
Equipment slot 2:Motion balls (pretty much like in bfbc2 with maybe a few tweaks), or possibly stun grenades? They could blind, super suppress and cause the soldier to go deaf for a few seconds? would work just like a grenade
Role: Assault class is on the front like, grenading buildings, using their mighty assault rifle and under barrel shotguns to keep the enemy infantry to a minimum. They use their motion balls (or stun grenades) to breach and clear buildings while their fellow Assault players can shoot them with the under barrel shotgun.

Medic:
Weapons: Only PDWs, and Shotguns
Equipment slot 1: Medic kit (can only heal after about 2-3 seconds of being suppressed or taking damage)
Equipment slot 2: Syringe. it works like a defib ( has 5 second cool-down and 5 uses but can be replenished by ammo kit)
Role: The medic is right behind the Assault class. it heals them and revives them when needed but can do work in CQB with the shotty and PDW but falls short at range and against armor

Engineer:
Basically keep him the same except nerf stingers and igla(maybe make it required laser designation at medium and long range?) and give him the ata4 ( the rocket launcher that goes where you aim it)

Support:
Weapons: LMGs, and other machine gun like weapons
Equipment slot 1: Ammo crate
Equipment slot 2: C4 (that you can throw like in bfbc2), or mortar strike from bfbc2
Role: Support class can use its massive MGs to suppress the enemy, throw c4 on to tanks and use mortar strikes to obliterate the enemy. It is also necessary in infantry combat due to it being the only one being able to supply ammo, it is feared by all classes and ground vehicles when used correctly.

Recon:
Weapons: Sniper rifles, Battle Riffles, DMRs and such
Equipment slot 1: claymore mine (but they must be really good to compete with the next option), or a soflam that can be used as binoculars to spot people(no scope glint) and has thermal vision( like the thermal scope in bf3)
Equipment slot 2: MAV or spawn beacon
Role: The recon can gather intel about the enemy and laser designate the enemy or use a claymore to cover its back, the recon has increased spotting range and can get his teamates to the objective with a beacon or even more so gather intel with a MAV, it can be aggresive or more relaxed and is great at close and long range. they have the potential to one shot people while remaining in complete stealth and are necessary for a successful team.

Other Notes: Suppression stays like it is in bf3 but alot less present(less bullet deviation and less visual effects). Only Support Machine guns can fully suppress people, Recon has a passive 3-5% bonus of being less effected by suppression(gets a reduced effect of suppression bullet deviation and all), Recon have a new attachment in the bipod, straight pull slot. it is called honeycomb and it reduces the effect of scope glint and at long ranges completely removes it.

Please let me know if u want to add, tweak or remove anything. and leave some questions if you're confused. :thumbsup:

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2012

Location: The imaginary portion of New York that doesn't consist of concrete jungles.

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, June 5th 2013, 12:42am

sooooooooo bf3 with another class? I'd rather mix it up a bit then just buy the same game twice.
Team Symthic Armor

• "bf4 classbalance" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 4th 2013

Battlelog:

Wednesday, June 5th 2013, 12:47am

based on the the bugs at bf3 release, i think bf3 was a lot like a test and based on the bf4 trailer bf3 and bf4 will be very similar, i would willingly buy bf4 if it had new maps, revised classes, updated graphics and other cool little things. So why not revise bf3 instead of taking a leap of faith with all new class design that could be a fail?

Maveco

You can't stop the Smooze!

(356)

Date of registration
: Mar 16th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Wednesday, June 5th 2013, 12:53am

I heard some time ago that BF4 could have more than one class (not sure whre, probably saw this on YooToob)... hopefully BF4 will split Assault-Rifles and Med-packs by either giving them to the support class on Ammo's slot or creating a Medic class while on top of that (both scenarios) having a defib more closely to the ones from BC2, very limited range and "rate-of-fire"

Date of registration
: Jun 5th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Wednesday, June 5th 2013, 9:28am

Medic's Syringe

The idea of a medic class is clever, but I think that the classes now are fine as they are. I do agree with the syringe idea though. It does get frustrating when medics can continuously defib a person back to life. The idea of having an item that does that, but has a limited use would make it more challenging for a medic to support the frontal push so that you don't get squads of people who won't die unless you kill their medic. This also makes it difficult for defib whores to level up insanely fast just by being on the front line. :thumbsup:
Good gaming to one and all!!!

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, June 5th 2013, 12:45pm

One of the BF4 promotion blurbs mentioned "more classes" so a separate medic class isn't out of the question.
bob

Toshiro46

I DID choose the ban life

(737)

• "Toshiro46" has been banned

Date of registration
: Apr 10th 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Wednesday, June 5th 2013, 4:51pm

That's what almost everyone has been asking for: A medic class. I'm sure Dice will hear our prayers.
I'm a cat

You're all mice.

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(786)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Wednesday, June 5th 2013, 5:42pm

I like almost all of it ... the only thing I can see is clearly not think with player in mind is the recon.
I like the way you thought your recon, but as it is really stealth and powerfull (not OP), I think recon population should be restricted to a quarter of team size to avoid mass camping. Or Recons gets more points from designating (100pts) than kills (60pts) (the values are totally arbitrary and do not reflect any sense of potential balance)

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, June 5th 2013, 5:53pm

While it's possible we get a separate medic class, I'm not sure they will be limited to "weak" weapons like PDWs and shotguns. A class that primarily exists to help others without excelling at any kind of combat isn't going to go down well with the XBox generation, so if the Medic class does get PDWs they will probably be buffed compared to BF3 and significantly outperform assault rifles at close range combat.
bob

Labby

(2,501)

Date of registration
: Sep 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Wednesday, June 5th 2013, 8:06pm

except nerf stingers and igla

uhhh, why? ?(

If anything they aren't good enough.

And about suppression, if there was any less bullet deviation, it wouldn't be of much use. Weapons already kill much faster than they suppress. And why would recon be least affected by suppression? Recon is capable of killing in one shot from any range. Suppression balances that by making him stay hidden. If he's spotted and enemies return fire he shouldn't be able to peek out and headshot them with perfect accuracy.

And there are already attachments that get rid of scope glint, like the M145.
JOIN THE TEAMSPEAK (L)EVOLUTION: 162.208.89.103