Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,948)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, May 28th 2013, 3:12am

@JSLICE20

I meant the Dantes guy, not you :]

I know that your intentions with this thread aren't malicious, don't worry.

Aaaaand your avatar just remembered me that I still need to get platinum on R&C1 :/

Ah, sorry for the misunderstanding; I was too quick to reach false conclusions on my behalf. I'm assuming you own the Ratchet and Clank bundle on PS3?

Yuuuuuup.

I had R&C 1/2/3+Deadlocked 100%'d on PS2 so why not?

Thing is I kind of forget and stuff. Because you know, stuff. (Nostalgia is left better untouched at times)
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Toshiro46

I DID choose the ban life

(737)

• "Toshiro46" has been banned

Date of registration
: Apr 10th 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, May 29th 2013, 4:38pm

@Oscar
Oh yeah, I smelt him. Or smelled him. He'd probably say smelt.

On topic, we should forbid anyone who has played CoD Ghosts from playing the Recon class in Bf4. Of course, this is impossible. So we are screwed.
I'm a cat

You're all mice.

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Saturday, June 1st 2013, 1:14am

At the very least, I think the recon class can use its own "spotting" feature. It can be one that tags enemies for a longer period of time and grants more points per spot assist. This can be justified with the recon calls being a bit more specific (calling out more specific locations like "north of me" or "west of my position" instead of just "over there").

Date of registration
: May 19th 2013

Location: I have no location. I am a metaphor. I am in each of you.

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Saturday, June 1st 2013, 10:22pm

At the very least, I think the recon class can use its own "spotting" feature. It can be one that tags enemies for a longer period of time and grants more points per spot assist. This can be justified with the recon calls being a bit more specific (calling out more specific locations like "north of me" or "west of my position" instead of just "over there").
The last sentence seems feckless, though I can fathom the reasoning. While veritably the Recon class does need a buff to his spotting abilities, callouts such as these would only detract attention. Besides, all callouts would be relative. If we couldn't distinguish where you were on the map, then the character speaking aloud to us of the target's direction would only be in vain.

Date of registration
: Aug 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, June 4th 2013, 3:36pm

A bit of topic perhaps, but would it not be cool if recons could mark mortar targets for support players? Support players would the be able to fire a mortar round at the marked taget and both player would get equal amount of points for it. Mortars would be a bit more powerful to actually make them useful.

Recon marks targets, support rains fire. Great class co-operation right there.

Edit: to be a bit more clear, this would be the only way mortars could be fired. They would depend on recons. Example: Recon Tom sits on a hill and sees alot of infantry and decides to mark the area for mortar strike. Support Jim then deploys his mortar and can see all the current markings the recons in his team has made. He decides to fire at Toms marking because it has alot of enemies nearby. He fires and both Jim and Tom gets 100 point/kill.
"Not afraid of god-like opponents, just afraid of pig-like teammates."

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Redshock098" (Jun 4th 2013, 3:48pm)

Toshiro46

I DID choose the ban life

(737)

• "Toshiro46" has been banned

Date of registration
: Apr 10th 2013

Battlelog:

Tuesday, June 4th 2013, 7:40pm

Maybe less points for recon; It would be an assist.I'd say...75? Other than that, it sounds... interesting
I'm a cat

You're all mice.

Date of registration
: Aug 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, June 6th 2013, 1:13am

Maybe less points for recon; It would be an assist.I'd say...75? Other than that, it sounds... interesting
Yes, that's sounds about right. Recons can kill people with their sniper rifles as well while supports will have to remain stationary in their mortar more or less, after all.
"Not afraid of god-like opponents, just afraid of pig-like teammates."

This post by "Redshock098" (Thursday, June 6th 2013, 1:13am) has been deleted by the author himself (Thursday, June 6th 2013, 1:16am)

Date of registration
: Apr 2nd 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Saturday, June 8th 2013, 9:59am

I've spent the majority of my time in BF3 playing as a "sniper" recon, or reconnaissance sniper oooaaaahhhh, and yet I have trouble defining a gadget that is particularly useful for the Sniper Role. SOFLAM and MAV only require smart positioning, or user control, and isn't dependent on primary weapon choice, so the spawn beacon shifts this "tie" in usefulness as the spawn beacon used by the pdw recon will almost for sure be more useful than the one used by the sniper. TUGS and the XBOW suit the pdw toting recon much better than they do the sniper recon. This basically means that if you are using a sniper rifle, then by default you are not utilizing the gadgets as effectively as if you carried a pdw. Why even pretend then that this class is made for "long range precision," when its obviously not? Maybe if there were more gadgets that supported the sniper then the useless snipers would be solely the product of bad players.

Or maybe I'm the bad player, who doesn't know how to be an effective sniper. As "the useful team sniper" obviously uses gadget X, which performs its role much better when used in tandem with sniper rifles, and "everyone" knows this. If this is the case I apologize for not learning this "obvious fact" in nearly 2 years of gameplay.

Labby

(6,444)

Date of registration
: Sep 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Sunday, June 9th 2013, 6:33am

I've spent the majority of my time in BF3 playing as a "sniper" recon, or reconnaissance sniper oooaaaahhhh, and yet I have trouble defining a gadget that is particularly useful for the Sniper Role. SOFLAM and MAV only require smart positioning, or user control, and isn't dependent on primary weapon choice, so the spawn beacon shifts this "tie" in usefulness as the spawn beacon used by the pdw recon will almost for sure be more useful than the one used by the sniper. TUGS and the XBOW suit the pdw toting recon much better than they do the sniper recon. This basically means that if you are using a sniper rifle, then by default you are not utilizing the gadgets as effectively as if you carried a pdw. Why even pretend then that this class is made for "long range precision," when its obviously not? Maybe if there were more gadgets that supported the sniper then the useless snipers would be solely the product of bad players.

Or maybe I'm the bad player, who doesn't know how to be an effective sniper. As "the useful team sniper" obviously uses gadget X, which performs its role much better when used in tandem with sniper rifles, and "everyone" knows this. If this is the case I apologize for not learning this "obvious fact" in nearly 2 years of gameplay.

The SOFLAM has a rangefinder, it's at the bottom of it's HUD.

However it reads zero if pointed at targets farther away than 200m.

If it worked at longer ranges, say out to 500m, it could actually help snipers adjust for range, and in the process encourage SOFLAM use.
[Aetherblade Medium Boots]

JOIN THE TEAMSPEAK (L)EVOLUTION: teamsym.nitrado.net