Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

This post by "harry045" (Wednesday, May 8th 2013, 10:57am) has been deleted by user "Sym" (Wednesday, May 8th 2013, 11:47am)

Date of registration
: Apr 2nd 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, May 9th 2013, 8:16pm

yes, that's the whole point. people don't use recon for the spawn beacons/tugs, people use recon to be a l33tqu1cksc0p1ngn0sc0ping-sniper = team is basically one man down, or five, or ten

Sniper recon can be used well enough to make another team feel inadequate. There have been countless times in Rush where I've secured victory by stopping people from arming/ disarming when my team couldn't make it in time. There is also the psychological hate for a sniper that causes other people to
1) switch to sniper, and get into "duels" with you or
2) waste vehicular/other resources for the sole purpose of hunting you down and extricating revenge.
Both help your team greatly, as more and more people get desperate to only kill the sniper that they forget about the objective.

However most people are 1); therefore, your assertion is correct, and these vast majority of people are why the sniper recon is so loathed.

• "JSLICE20" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 15

Friday, May 10th 2013, 3:19am

yes, that's the whole point. people don't use recon for the spawn beacons/tugs, people use recon to be a l33tqu1cksc0p1ngn0sc0ping-sniper = team is basically one man down, or five, or ten

Sniper recon can be used well enough to make another team feel inadequate. There have been countless times in Rush where I've secured victory by stopping people from arming/ disarming when my team couldn't make it in time. There is also the psychological hate for a sniper that causes other people to
1) switch to sniper, and get into "duels" with you or
2) waste vehicular/other resources for the sole purpose of hunting you down and extricating revenge.
Both help your team greatly, as more and more people get desperate to only kill the sniper that they forget about the objective.

However most people are 1); therefore, your assertion is correct, and these vast majority of people are why the sniper recon is so loathed.

I have been witness to this situation and I have instigated it as well. If you are an accurate sniper you can certainly force an assault whore to counter-snipe which is a detriment to the other team. I remember one instance on Noshahr Canals Rush where my team was receiving quite the beating and we could not escape the Carrier. No matter what forces were sent forward, we would just die on an endless loop, so I decided to snipe the camping bastards. I am efficient with a bolt action as I abused the Recon class when the game first released, so scoring multiple headshots wasn't much of an issue once I realized the bullet velocity of the rifle I was utilizing. Slowly, but surely, a large portion of their team gravitated towards the Recon class in an attempt to kill me, but this allowed the rest of my team to obtain a foothold on the docks and the blues managed a miracle arm with minimal tickets remaining. One by one I sniped three to four panicking Defenders praying for a last second disarm until *Boom* the B-MCOM detonated and our tickets were replenished. Absolutely stunned and, I imagine, frustrated beyond belief we wiped them off the next four sets of bombs and took the victory in only 5 min. after the first set. Needless to say, it was glorious.
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.

Nope. Aim Assist or bust; here's why:

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationInputThreshold 0.98
    AccelerationMultiplier 5.0
    AccelerationDamping 4.0
    AccelerationTimeThreshold 0.15
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
    MaxAcceleration::Vec2
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
    AttractDistanceFallOffs::Vec2
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractOwnSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractOwnRequiredMovementForMaximumAttract 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    ViewObstructedKeepTime 0.0
    SnapZoomLateralSpeedLimit 1000.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2
    SnapZoomReticlePointPriority 999
    SnapZoomAutoEngageTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMinAngle 90.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 1.2
    SoldierBackupSkeletonCollisionData *nullGuid*
    CheckBoneCenterOnlyDistance 40.0

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 1.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom -1.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

Date of registration
: Sep 16th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, May 10th 2013, 3:21am

Hell no

I get what you're trying to do, make the recon class more useful, but:
- taking things away from the rest doesn't improve the other, it makes it a necessity instead
- if anything, people should be "scared away" from using the recon class (in its current state). The class seems to be solely based towards making your own team lose.

If dice were to give a benefit like this to the recon, then a solution with spotting-distance might be a better option.

I.e: engis/supports can spot up to 70 meter, assaults up to 100 meter, recon up to 300 meter
This could work, IF dice would be as desperate to implement such a buff to the recon class to promote long-range spotcamping (instead of making it a useful class)

Tl;dr: hell no

TUGs are pretty fucking useful in my opinion. You just hate recon cause you don't know how to *properly* use it

Cheapnub

Unregistered

Friday, May 10th 2013, 11:03am

I have been witness to this situation and I have instigated it as well. If you are an accurate sniper you can certainly force an assault whore to counter-snipe which is a detriment to the other team. I remember one instance on Noshahr Canals Rush where my team was receiving quite the beating and we could not escape the Carrier. No matter what forces were sent forward, we would just die on an endless loop, so I decided to snipe the camping bastards. I am efficient with a bolt action as I abused the Recon class when the game first released, so scoring multiple headshots wasn't much of an issue once I realized the bullet velocity of the rifle I was utilizing. Slowly, but surely, a large portion of their team gravitated towards the Recon class in an attempt to kill me, but this allowed the rest of my team to obtain a foothold on the docks and the blues managed a miracle arm with minimal tickets remaining. One by one I sniped three to four panicking Defenders praying for a last second disarm until *Boom* the B-MCOM detonated and our tickets were replenished. Absolutely stunned and, I imagine, frustrated beyond belief we wiped them off the next four sets of bombs and took the victory in only 5 min. after the first set. Needless to say, it was glorious.

Which is exactly my point. The fuck that a significant team is switching to recon, makes them lose almost all mcoms in 5 minutes, already says enough about the class.

TUGs are pretty fucking useful in my opinion. You just hate recon cause you don't know how to *properly* use it

No. I hate how people use it only for those bolt-actions, and make their team lose.
T-UGS are good, yes. That's part of the recon kit. The bolt-actions, the "f*ck my team i got a 500 meter headshot!" weapon, that everyone apparently has to use for it is what's wrong with the class.

We've been over this before.
A recon that pushes along his squad, helping out the 2 medics and 1 engineer as they do their job, planting a beacon once they push up, and putting a T-UGS/mav/etc down whenever he has to defend an important area in a bottleneck-map is a good recon.
A sniper, however...

hunturk

Owner Of The World's Most Powerful Neck

(1,652)

Date of registration
: Aug 4th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Friday, May 10th 2013, 11:08am

People use the class in the wrong way yes, but I don't think that taking out the bolt actions is the right thing to do.

It is perfectly possible to be effective and aggressive with the bolt actions it just takes a bit of practice.

For a start, I think they should take out the marksman headshot bonus, or just cap it at like 250m. This would remove a lot of the incentive to camp and get long range headshots.
Personally, i don't take a stance on whether or not there is a creating entity because i'm humble enough to realize, in my fucking insignificance, the concept escapes my comprehension with a lead of 9001 light years.
RIP SRAW

Wadayoutalkenabeet

Oscar and Moe <3

Maveco

You can't stop the Smooze!

(610)

Date of registration
: Mar 16th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Friday, May 10th 2013, 11:25am

No. I hate that couple of players that use it and make their whole team lose.

Fix'd

Cheapnub

Unregistered

Friday, May 10th 2013, 11:27am

No. I hate that couple of players that use it and make their whole team lose because they only care about pulling off 500-meter qu1cksc0p3n0sc0p3tr1cksh0tz.

Fix'd

fair 'nuff

Maveco

You can't stop the Smooze!

(610)

Date of registration
: Mar 16th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Friday, May 10th 2013, 12:55pm

No. I hate that couple of players that use it and make their whole team lose because they only care about pulling off 500-meter qu1cksc0p3n0sc0p3tr1cksh0tz and because the fault for the team's failure is exclusive for them and not for the average player on the team

fix'd≤

If you only knew how many times I was MVP'ing on a team that's so mustard that can't even ketchup, how many times "I" lost a rush match because bad assault players don't reviving, healing or even kilingl enemies and engies who can't (or just don't want to) hit shit armored vehicles with their RPG's, how many times I've said "fvck it, I'll let this single guy running M240B on ext.mags flank 11 teammates of mine inside that corridor all looking at that door" or how many times I've pushed MComms all alone because nobody else realizes that being mowed-down in a corridor isn't improving the attacking tickets and that using the MBT/IFV/APC's as cover is a good strategy (as well as providing cover/safe passage for infantry towards objectives)... the "average" player happens in every class (thought it's more pronounced at Recon class due it's difficulty of use) and I don't think handicapping weapons even more will do the trick, as Recon's BFBC2-to-BF3 transition shows that

Date of registration
: Sep 16th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, May 10th 2013, 1:26pm

Which is exactly my point. The fuck that a significant team is switching to recon, makes them lose almost all mcoms in 5 minutes, already says enough about the class.

No. I hate how people use it only for those bolt-actions, and make their team lose.
T-UGS are good, yes. That's part of the recon kit. The bolt-actions, the "f*ck my team i got a 500 meter headshot!" weapon, that everyone apparently has to use for it is what's wrong with the class.

We've been over this before.
A recon that pushes along his squad, helping out the 2 medics and 1 engineer as they do their job, planting a beacon once they push up, and putting a T-UGS/mav/etc down whenever he has to defend an important area in a bottleneck-map is a good recon.
A sniper, however...

In rush, having a bolt action is extremely useful. If youre attacker, you can pick defenders off headglitch spots and power positions to allow the rest of your team to push up. If youre defender (this is the best part) you can anally penetrate the other team and completely stop them from pushing. A good sniper can make a huge diffrence if youre good. If youre not good, then of course youre gonna judge the class and say it sucks, because you suck at playing the correct role.

And of course noobs don't know how to play good recon, but theyre gonna learn after some time of losing many games and seeing their team pushing up and capping flags/setting mcoms.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "DaRubester" (May 10th 2013, 1:32pm)