Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Toshiro46

I DID choose the ban life

(737)

• "Toshiro46" has been banned

Date of registration
: Apr 10th 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, May 8th 2013, 12:59am

A few ways to go about this. if players are insta-revived then either have a long cool down on paddles or allow one revive per life. On the other hand, a slow revive system, like COD: zombies, would be enough to balance the defibrillators.

Or rather, not mentioning the horror that is CoD, making it like the revive mechanic in Bf3 co-op, except with a more detailed visual, such as the person rubbing the pads together, taking a couple seconds, then revving the guy, then helping him back up. At this point, the revived person would have 30 health, and eventually regenerate the rest. I suggest not being able to be revived if shot in the head, blown up, or shot by some large bullet, such as tank/helicopter/jets.
I'm a cat

You're all mice.

• "Kirbinanator 2" has been banned

Date of registration
: May 7th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Wednesday, May 8th 2013, 1:02am

It a headshot killed you then you should not be able to be brought back to life.

Date of registration
: Jun 8th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, May 10th 2013, 1:30am

A few ways to go about this. if players are insta-revived then either have a long cool down on paddles or allow one revive per life. On the other hand, a slow revive system, like COD: zombies, would be enough to balance the defibrillators.

Or rather, not mentioning the horror that is CoD, making it like the revive mechanic in Bf3 co-op, except with a more detailed visual, such as the person rubbing the pads together, taking a couple seconds, then revving the guy, then helping him back up. At this point, the revived person would have 30 health, and eventually regenerate the rest. I suggest not being able to be revived if shot in the head, blown up, or shot by some large bullet, such as tank/helicopter/jets.

That is exactly what I was trying to convey. I completely forgot bf3 had a co-op, now I feel bad for referencing cod, but my point is still the same. Another way to balance paddles would be to have a 3 second warm up after pulling them out. This would prevent people from switching back and forth from guns to defibs, but would allow someone to commit to the medic role if they so choose.

Date of registration
: Apr 17th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Saturday, May 11th 2013, 5:13pm

It would help if they just add a cooldown timer to the defibs , similar to medpacks.

Toshiro46

I DID choose the ban life

(737)

• "Toshiro46" has been banned

Date of registration
: Apr 10th 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Saturday, May 11th 2013, 6:10pm

I suggested in another thread that we could have the medic crouch down, look at the person, and Defib him, then help him up. The person could then have like 50 life, and have no chance of being revived again. He could regain his life, though. That, and implementing certain ways you couldn't get revived (e.g. Headshots, explosions, tank) could definitely balance it. Either that, or we could implement a medic class with a not hugely powerful weapon.
I'm a cat

You're all mice.

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Sunday, May 12th 2013, 10:18pm

I suggested in another thread that we could have the medic crouch down, look at the person, and Defib him, then help him up. The person could then have like 50 life, and have no chance of being revived again. He could regain his life, though. That, and implementing certain ways you couldn't get revived (e.g. Headshots, explosions, tank) could definitely balance it. Either that, or we could implement a medic class with a not hugely powerful weapon.
That would be nerfing the medic/assault/whatever is in BF4 completely into the ground. No one would play it because it would be a complete death sentence to try to revive anyone.
Being revived with less than full health: yes
Not being revived after headshots, explosions etc.: yes
Cooldown on defibs: yes
One revive per life: no
Not being revived twice within short time (like 1 minute): yes
Long animation to revive: no
Splitting medic and assault: maybe

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

• "Blue Panda" has been banned

Date of registration
: Jul 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Sunday, May 12th 2013, 10:24pm

Just use the same classes as in Bad Company 2.

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, May 13th 2013, 12:21am

Just use the same classes as in Bad Company 2.
It might work, but propipe and infinite ammo in the same class is a scary thought.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, May 13th 2013, 12:25am

I feel like you should be revived at 20% and heal to 100% over 10 seconds. Gives a mechanical reason to link medkits and defibs plus it keeps people from getting revived and being able to pressure immediately.

EDIT:
Personally, I'd rather there not be defibs.
Assault:
M320/M26, Autoinjector
Engineer:
<BF3 version>
Support:
Medkits, Ammo
Recon:
Spawn Beacon, C4
Sniper:
Motion Sensor, Soflam/Mortar designator
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

J0hn-Stuart-Mill

GW2 N00B... also old.

(1,967)

Date of registration
: Apr 10th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Monday, May 13th 2013, 2:19am

Personally, I think BF2 nailed it.

In BF2 reviving was much harder than just holding out your shock paddles and running across a fallen teammate. In BF2 you had to kneel or go prone next to a teammate, and then carefully aim at his chest to give yourself a guaranteed "revive" You could revive from a leg or elsewhere, but that decreased the odds that the revive would work. The reason you care about the revive working is because in BF2 it had a 2-3 second recharge. So if you missed your first attempt, you had to wait for the recharge sound and animation (rubbing the paddles together) before you could try again.

If you were able to hit your teammate in the chest, than it could be just as fast in BF2 as it is in BF3, but the point was it was harder! Kneel, aim carefully, and pull the trigger. In BF3 they made it so easy you don't even have to look down at the guy you're reviving. You literally don't even have to aim at him.

I hope this game mechanic returns.
My father used to say, We find our true friends on the Battlefield! - J0hn Snow