Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "JSLICE20" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 15

Sunday, April 28th 2013, 9:08pm

BF4 New Revive Mechanic

As Battlefielders, I am sure we have all encountered the 'rez train': a situation where the majority of a team consists of the Assault class who proceed to revive anyone who is downed during combat. While this method is incredibly successful for the team implementing the tactic, it causes a major imbalance in fluid gameplay overall and creates a headache for the opposing team (not to mention it is incredibly disappointing and psychologically painful to watch someone you killed instantly get back up and proceed to run and jump about as if nothing ever happened).
I have seen many suggestions of how to limit the power of the defibrillators, but the most common involves forcing the device to recharge after it has been used similar to that of placing Med-kits or Ammo bags. While this may solve one issue regarding the revive mechanic it still allows other problems to remain, so I propose this solution:

Allot a limited amount of health to the player who has been revived and/ or limit the amount an individual can be revived (for the player who downs an enemy who has already been shot and revived previously, include a notice that the player he shot is now confirmed dead and can no longer be revived so he can focus his efforts elsewhere, just how the game prompts you when you save an ally, wipe a squad, etc. on the kill feed). I believe these two suggestions could greatly influence how a match plays out especially on the infantry heavy game mode Rush. Here's an example.

Say you are playing Rush on the re-imagination of Operation Metro for Battlefield 4 (I'm not an advocate for Metro whatsoever, but unfortunately it is the most popular map in BF3). In the past Battlefield, this map was most common for the 'rez train' as the layout and terrain provided instant cover and therefore ease of access to downed teammates. But now with the redesigned revive mechanic, a player can only be allowed a limited amount of health after being revived (60%, for example) so that he is an easier target to kill and less of a threat than he was before being shot down. Also, now that said player can only be revived a limited number of times (2 maximum, for example) it allows the opposing team to draw their attention to other areas of combat since they know he is a confirmed kill (the in-game prompt highlighted on the kill feed).
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.

Nope. Aim Assist or bust; here's why:

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationInputThreshold 0.98
    AccelerationMultiplier 5.0
    AccelerationDamping 4.0
    AccelerationTimeThreshold 0.15
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
    MaxAcceleration::Vec2
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
    AttractDistanceFallOffs::Vec2
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractOwnSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractOwnRequiredMovementForMaximumAttract 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    ViewObstructedKeepTime 0.0
    SnapZoomLateralSpeedLimit 1000.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2
    SnapZoomReticlePointPriority 999
    SnapZoomAutoEngageTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMinAngle 90.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 1.2
    SoldierBackupSkeletonCollisionData *nullGuid*
    CheckBoneCenterOnlyDistance 40.0

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 1.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom -1.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

Date of registration
: Apr 28th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Sunday, April 28th 2013, 9:38pm

I agree, revives do seem a bit unbalanced.

If you have ever played the co-op and have been downed, the revive mechanic there makes a lot of sense to me (where that little orange circle thing pops up, and you have to wait for your buddy to come and revive you, which takes a few seconds). Makes me wonder why that wasn't implemented into multiplayer - not fast-paced enough? Arguably another major problem IS the spammability of revives. Making players do that - maybe not even 5 seconds, maybe just a 1 second animation - is long enough to make revives much more tactical.

This health idea is neat too - but maybe just decrease the amount of health you have when you "get up" after being revived - first time is 100%, second is 75%, third is 50%, fourth is a measly 25%, and finally, if you actually manage to get revived four times, you can't get revived the 5th time.

Also, first post after lurking here for ages. Cheers!

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Sunday, April 28th 2013, 9:47pm

I like a lot of the ideas, but I don't believe in permanently handicapping players that have been revived. I think that if the player getting revived would start out at 20 % health (as it is now) and the regen health at about 10 % per second after accepting the revive and standing up would be a better solution. It would make recently revived players less of a threat and it would be easier to "rekill" players that you just killed.

The limit on times a player could be revived also sounds good, but i think it should work on a "revives/time-basis" instead of a "revives/life-basis". The problem is not players getting revived multiple times in a life, the problem is players getting revived multiple times in a short time window. Something around one revive per 30-60 seconds sounds good to me.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Sunday, April 28th 2013, 10:00pm

Also, first post after lurking here for ages. Cheers!
I am also a recently emerged lurker, cheers mate!

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Sao

(680)

Date of registration
: Jan 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Sunday, April 28th 2013, 10:29pm

Guys. This has been talked about to death. And people got banned in the process. Lets leave this subject to rest until more infor comes out from DICE/EA

But welcome to the fun house that is symthic :'D

My Video

I used to be an asker like you, then I took a search bar to the knee....

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Autosynthesis" (May 1st 2013, 8:09am) with the following reason: A mod... Double posting?!

Date of registration
: Jan 8th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, April 29th 2013, 12:08am

I feel you should be unable to revive players that were killed by headshots and explosions. Also limit a player that can be revived to one revive if you die once and are revived you cannot be revived again if you are killed again. I think this would completely balance the revive function.

Date of registration
: Jun 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, April 29th 2013, 11:53am

Simple solution, give dead bodies a certain amount of health. That way if you're a clever bastard you'll walk around and headshot dead bodies, in order for them to not get rezzed.

To compensate for this, the duration which you can be revived could be raised to 30 or so seconds, without raising respawn time.

That's how it was in BF2, the health bit I mean. If a body got naded enough it couldn't be rezzed.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Lizardheim" (Apr 29th 2013, 12:08pm)

• "ThatKillzonePlayer" has been banned

Date of registration
: Apr 19th 2013

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Tuesday, April 30th 2013, 2:48am

It should be done the way it is done in Killzone.

Date of registration
: Apr 21st 2013

Battlelog:

Tuesday, April 30th 2013, 4:36am

Why not give freshly revived players 1% health? Then they'd be easy to put under again if they were revived in the middle of a gunfight. This, coupled with a defib recharge time, would weaken the medic class severely without adding changing the revive mechanic drastically.
My PC:

Spoiler Spoiler

AMD FX-8350
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX
16gb G-Skill Ripjaws X 1866
PNY GTX 770
Nothing is overclocked...
Yet.

In a perfect world, we could ban all guns and just be safe. But this world, on even its best day, sucks.

Tuesday, April 30th 2013, 11:43am

Medic train is only really occurs on 1 map , Metro. I don't think a game mechanic should be drastically overhauled due to what's experienced on 1 map.

When was the last time you saw anyone complain about medic trains on Kharg Island?

If anything just give a it a short cool down like BFBC2 , I'm not into dumb drawn out animations for something that should happen fast , for example Knifing someone , why does it have to be so dramatic and take about 10 seconds? BFBC2 knifing took 1 second.