Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "ThatKillzonePlayer" has been banned
  • "ThatKillzonePlayer" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 19th 2013

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Tuesday, April 23rd 2013, 12:17am

Should S&W 500 Replace the .44 Magnum

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,320)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, April 23rd 2013, 12:25am

If you can find any military force that has a practical application for the S&W 500, you can argue with DICE that it'll be an "authentic military weapon." But as it is right now, it's unlikely that a hunting weapon will be added.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Maveco

You can't stop the Smooze!

(610)

Date of registration
: Mar 16th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Tuesday, April 23rd 2013, 12:42am

Just for the sake of balance I preffer no. The only way I see this could be ingame is with a higher damage model and I think the .44 is pretty much at the limit of highest damage potential for a sidearm.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, April 23rd 2013, 12:43am

If you can find any military force that has a practical application for the S&W 500, you can argue with DICE that it'll be an "authentic military weapon." But as it is right now, it's unlikely that a hunting weapon will be added.

Its funny that I got into the same argument with someone else and I was actually favoring your argument. But then the other person proved that most of the other weapons in BF3 are not officially contracted or produced. For example the .44 magnum is not contracted for use in any military yet it is in BF3. I just figured scence the .50 would look so much cooler it could very well replace the .44 (sense the .44 is so old and the .50 being less popular). DICE is know to include unpopular fire arms in there games.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, April 23rd 2013, 12:45am

Just for the sake of balance I preffer no. The only way I see this could be ingame is with a higher damage model and I think the .44 is pretty much at the limit of highest damage potential for a sidearm.

Not even the magnum has a realistic damage model, Who said that the S&W should ether. Thing of the M98B, that gun should be a OHK to the toe its so powerful.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,320)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, April 23rd 2013, 12:46am

For example the .44 magnum is not contracted for use in any military yet it is in BF3

BUT remember how BF3 was tailored to be the CoD-killer and guess where the .44 Magnum appeared? Of course, some other weapons may be included for the sake of nostalgia but the direction that they're going now seems to be "authenticity."
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Tuesday, April 23rd 2013, 1:02am

No , becuase it looks f*cking stupid.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, April 23rd 2013, 1:03am

For example the .44 magnum is not contracted for use in any military yet it is in BF3

BUT remember how BF3 was tailored to be the CoD-killer and guess where the .44 Magnum appeared? Of course, some other weapons may be included for the sake of nostalgia but the direction that they're going now seems to be "authenticity."

Thats that because it was the CoD killer but because ever game has had the .44 magnum brother. It just does not fell right when you can't be Derddy Harry in a game. It was only a move to com peat with all games and to please .44 magnum lovers. It .44 magnum lovers got the S&W 500 they would have a wet dream (excuse my french).

But I however don't know what you mean by "authenticity", We really don't know what direction there going with BF4.

Maveco

You can't stop the Smooze!

(610)

Date of registration
: Mar 16th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Tuesday, April 23rd 2013, 1:11am

Not even the magnum has a realistic damage model, Who said that the S&W should ether. Thing of the M98B, that gun should be a OHK to the toe its so powerful.
I never said anything about realism but just overall game balance, MW2//3's Akimbo G18, FMG-9 and Halo's magnum handgun (don't remember the name, the handgun up to Reach) are good examples of what happens when sidearms gets stronger than primaries :c(

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, April 23rd 2013, 1:17am

I never said anything about realism but just overall game balance, MW2//3's Akimbo G18, FMG-9 and Halo's magnum handgun (don't remember the name, the handgun up to Reach) are good examples of what happens when sidearms gets stronger than primaries :c(

I understand what your saying and I sympathize with the bad games you have played in the past. I think DICE knows how to make any gun balanced. The only question is do you wont to see the gun when it is perfectly balanced and usable.

No DICE jokes please, they are a lot better now.