Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-09 at 00:43. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

GamerRevolution

My common sense is tingling.

(50)

• "GamerRevolution" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 10th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, March 28th 2013, 1:05am

BF4 Preorder Bonuses

Any info about BF4 preorder bonuses can be posted here I guess. Here's what I found.
Edit: I believe these are the dog tags

PhantomShado

I didn't participate in off topic so all I got was this crappy title

(279)

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, March 28th 2013, 1:11am

This one's for my fellow 'Muricans:

I'm strongly considering buying it...

Spoiler Spoiler

Will it protect against STD's?

I'm a fan of the show, but not a "Brony". I don't obsess over it, but I do watch it and enjoy it.

That's like saying "I suck dick, but I'm not gay."

Fuck dubstep

GamerRevolution

My common sense is tingling.

(50)

• "GamerRevolution" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 10th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 28th 2013, 1:14am

Ooh better quality, thanks and yeah I was gonna preorder it before I even knew about the bonus(es) :D

PhantomShado

(279)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 28th 2013, 1:18am

199 rep ftw!

I'm not sure whether to buy the physical copy or the downloadable. I haven't bought a PC game in ages.

Spoiler Spoiler

I'm a fan of the show, but not a "Brony". I don't obsess over it, but I do watch it and enjoy it.

Fuck dubstep

Date of registration
: Apr 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, March 28th 2013, 1:50am

This one's for my fellow 'Muricans:

I'm strongly considering buying it...

Is it just me or does it look like the "while supplies last" also applies for the bonus downloadable in-game content? It's EA after all... :rolleyes:
Anyway these dog tags sure look cool, but they're probably only available in some countries and "while supplies last" sounds like they got just a dozen tags.
Symplot @BF4 | @BF3

Misnomer

Don't Prox Me Bro

(497)

Date of registration
: Sep 4th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Thursday, March 28th 2013, 2:15am

I'm not sure whether to buy the physical copy or the downloadable. I haven't bought a PC game in ages.

I think you'll find that buying a physical copy on PC is unnecessary unless you have a very slow internet connection. The only thing it saves you is that initial download time and Origin has been pretty good with major releases with letting you pre-download the week before release so you can play when they release the game immediately.

Otherwise, it is all going on your harddrive anyway and you won't be playing it without that online activation stuff...so why not just go straight to the source?

The last physical game I bought was...Left 4 Dead or maybe Bioshock? Saw it really cheap in a bin probably 4 years ago. Online sales have been better than physical copy sales ever since.

Date of registration
: Jan 16th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 28th 2013, 2:27am

Oh, damn. Total war: Rome II, Company of heroes 2, and BF4....Why do they all come out this year?! My wallet....
Si vis pacem, para bellum---If you want peace, prepare for war.

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, March 28th 2013, 2:28am

You can often find physical copies considerably cheaper than digital, since the retailer sets the price and many try to undercut the competition. Digital tends to stay at the MSRP for at least a couple of months until there's a sale.
bob

PhantomShado

(279)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 28th 2013, 2:46am

I think you'll find that buying a physical copy on PC is unnecessary unless you have a very slow internet connection. The only thing it saves you is that initial download time and Origin has been pretty good with major releases with letting you pre-download the week before release so you can play when they release the game immediately.

Otherwise, it is all going on your harddrive anyway and you won't be playing it without that online activation stuff...so why not just go straight to the source?

The last physical game I bought was...Left 4 Dead or maybe Bioshock? Saw it really cheap in a bin probably 4 years ago. Online sales have been better than physical copy sales ever since.

Thanks for the tip. Digital it is!

Spoiler Spoiler

Fuck dubstep

Misnomer

Don't Prox Me Bro

(497)

Date of registration
: Sep 4th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Thursday, March 28th 2013, 5:27am

You can often find physical copies considerably cheaper than digital, since the retailer sets the price and many try to undercut the competition. Digital tends to stay at the MSRP for at least a couple of months until there's a sale.

Yes physical copies can be worth it if you are in a country with stores that compete on physical copy prices, like Europe. In the U.S. you will not find anyone competing on retail prices in PC games. It will be $60 for a long time as you said. MSRP reigns supreme here for games.