Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "RogerNbr" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 15th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Sunday, August 27th 2017, 11:11pm

Commander Mode

I have a few questions:

I heard that dropping an EMP UAV on an area prevents your team from being spotted there, is it true?

What exactly triggers the scan and emp uav points? When one of your teammates gets a kill in that area?

What is the exact range of the cruise missile? Sometimes they seem to blow up right next to someone and do nothing. Do terrain bumps and obstacles block that fucking huge explosion?

Thats it, but if anyone else knows any other tips that would be nice. Currently away from my PC and commander mode is the only thing that plays on my shitty notebook.

Date of registration
: Oct 28th 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Saturday, October 28th 2017, 5:24am

I do not regularly play Commander, but this is what I have discovered

The EMP UAV preventing your team from being spotted thing is true

The Cruise Missile is near fucking useless

• "JohnGroth" has been banned

Date of registration
: Jan 19th 2018

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 30th 2018, 8:35am

Commander

Hey, I too play Commander with my brother, who has set up the new PC gaming room.

• "Topazy" has been banned

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2018

Tuesday, January 30th 2018, 12:56pm

I agree with much of what Aenonar said:

UAV needs to be stopped. It is automatic and annoying. A couple solutions:

1. UAV only shows everyone on the map to the commander, not on the minimap.

If you think about it, this makes sense because only the commander needs the information the UAV provides. When he gives orders and issues warnings for lots of infantry in an area, that is as a reaction to this information. If everyone gets it, there is no point. Thus commander spotting altogether needs to be severely limited. MAV, Tugs, and Recon Balls put the scan abilities in the hands of people on the ground, commander should be doing tactical things that are not spotting now. UAV should only be for the commander's benefit.

2. UAVs are destructible. Either make stinglas able to bring them down or have a destructible shed like BF2.

Make map GUI more obvious on conquest

AC 130 Point should be far more obvious than it is in Conquest now. AC-130 should only be on conquest, it should have a real cooldown tied to when it is destroyed, and the Spawn Map should itself scream at players which point is the AC130 point.

Ditto for Cruise Missiles.

Commanders should be able to give orders to places on the map, not just capture points. And GUI to reflect this.

Again, the gui is a mess and hard to understand for most people. It should be clear to the squad leader what is Commander requested and then another set of icons should be used just to show orders. Dorito spam ruined a lot of the quality GUI work for command from BF2 and BF2142.

Lastly and most importantly,
Commander should be enterable and exitable from in game without having to switch out to another screen. On PC at least, this is incredibly tedious and cuts from the flow of game a lot. That would help prevent the one team commander unbalance.

I would also like to have automated commanders. Even a crappy AI commander who automatically calls in the AC-130 and randomly proposes untaken capture points as assignments for squads is better than nothing. I have to believe this rudimentary AI is possible.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,883)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Tuesday, January 30th 2018, 4:44pm

@JohnGroth

Please do not reply to a topic which has been dead (no replies) for several months, especially if you have nothing worthwhile to contribute. Please see our rules, especially Rule 11.

Topazy's comment is on-topic enough, and I will let the topic stay open.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • InterimAegis - Weapon comparisons/scoring.
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • pmax - Statistical analysis of BF4 players/games.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Jun 5th 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Tuesday, January 30th 2018, 5:22pm

I find it strange how Topazy agrees with someone who hasn't posted in the thread. Turns out the comment is just copied from this thread. Should commander mode be removed from Battlefield?

Perhaps it has something to do with the suspect website linked in sig and battlelog?

@Miffyli

signature 2.2

Things I support
ammo regen pls

Quoted from "NoctyrneSAGA"

_____
When I play with it [Autoloading 8] I feel like I am batman taking out 1 after 1 baddie while they feel helpless and don't know who is talking out their mates.
Remove 3D spotting. Itís a mechanic that rewards bad eyesight.
Wanna help your team by sneaking through enemy territory to provide spawns? THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK FGT I HOPE YOU RUN OUT OF MOTION BALLS TOO EARLY TO BE SUCCESSFUL
Wanna be Javelin squad but only have two guys? BETTER NOT GET YOUR SOFLAM KILLED FGT THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK WITHOUT A SUPPORT DUDE DROPPING AMMO ON YOU EVERY 2 MINUTES
Please post your best M1916 clips Magazines *fixed*.

DICE pls

Squadmate Healthbars in the HUD
Minor console QoL improvements
Ping Tool idea
"Wants to talk" tag for squad menu
Adding Suppression Confirmation
Spotting suggestions

Posts I should finish sometime:
Squad priority vehicle system (and anti stealing suggestion)
Scoring system flaws (and concept)
Battlefield definition
New helicopter idea
Suppression rework
Flow, immersion and fun in battlefield
Specializations: ideas and system rework
Gadget reworks and ideas
Why limited infinite ammo would be awesome
Other bitesize ideas

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,883)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Tuesday, January 30th 2018, 7:06pm

I find it strange how Topazy agrees with someone who hasn't posted in the thread. Turns out the comment is just copied from this thread. Should commander mode be removed from Battlefield?

Perhaps it has something to do with the suspect website linked in sig and battlelog?

@Miffyli

Oh ^^... I thought it was just a reference to some other threads. I swear I checked for links but apparently I did not.

Anywho, thanks for notifying us!
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • InterimAegis - Weapon comparisons/scoring.
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • pmax - Statistical analysis of BF4 players/games.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included