Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Rawrgle" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 5th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Thursday, July 6th 2017, 2:33pm

Cheating in BF4 since BF1 release

I very rarely would see a cheat in BF4 in the old days but since BF1 came out it seems there is a cheater in every other match, brazenly cheating too, not subtle. I back this up by searching people on BF4DB and i-stats if I have major doubts and they are always flagged as cheaters or even banned but seem to make it on the servers.

Is this because server admins are not bothering with multiple anti-cheat systems any more or what? Combined with the low server pops it feels like BF1 is killing BF4 while itself not being a worthy alternative :(

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rawrgle" (Jul 6th 2017, 3:24pm)

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(5,875)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, July 6th 2017, 3:28pm

Is this because server admins are not bothering with multiple anti-cheat systems any more or what?

*cough*fromexperience*cough* I can tell that servers can run ban "streamers" which keep record of the bans across servers or even games. However since one of the patches year(s) ago server admins/plugins can not kick players if they want to be official (or even ranked? Not sure).
Hence plugins can keep saying "Banning xxx for yyy for violation zzz", but they really can not kick the players.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Jun 21st 2012

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, July 6th 2017, 4:21pm

I very rarely would see a cheat in BF4 in the old days but since BF1 came out it seems there is a cheater in every other match, brazenly cheating too, not subtle. I back this up by searching people on BF4DB and i-stats if I have major doubts and they are always flagged as cheaters or even banned but seem to make it on the servers.

Is this because server admins are not bothering with multiple anti-cheat systems any more or what? Combined with the low server pops it feels like BF1 is killing BF4 while itself not being a worthy alternative :(
Well, BF4+premium now is a part of Origin Access, which costs 249RUB or ~4,15$ per month. Potential cheaters don't even have to bother about searching for buying a hacked/stolen cheap account.
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.

• "Rawrgle" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Thursday, July 6th 2017, 5:04pm

Is this because server admins are not bothering with multiple anti-cheat systems any more or what?

*cough*fromexperience*cough* I can tell that servers can run ban "streamers" which keep record of the bans across servers or even games. However since one of the patches year(s) ago server admins/plugins can not kick players if they want to be official (or even ranked? Not sure).
Hence plugins can keep saying "Banning xxx for yyy for violation zzz", but they really can not kick the players.

Shit I had no idea, that sucks! Are EA/DICE insane? Why take so much power out of the admins hands. It never used to bother me getting kicked occasionally by badmins abusing their power but them having no power at all is just awful :/

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Thursday, July 6th 2017, 5:16pm

Shit I had no idea, that sucks! Are EA/DICE insane? Why take so much power out of the admins hands. It never used to bother me getting kicked occasionally by badmins abusing their power but them having no power at all is just awful :/

Automated master ban/kick lists had serious issues with false positives, especially when some of them started using what amounted to spiteful bans as part of the banlist entries. The fall of various ban-lists has been discussed here before, with some nice information but I couldn't find the thread.

The reduction in admin power is not all bad. The flipside is that I haven't been banned for "cheating" by a butthurt server admin once in BF1. Ban-happy/asshole admins have been a pervasive problem in all of the BFs until this one.

Clearly a happy medium hasn't been reached, but it's not ALL bad.