Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "spaceflaffy" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 9th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, March 16th 2017, 10:09pm

What are the good Rush maps?

I read on Yahoo! Answers that asking what the best maps are is a good question for a forum. This is so I know what to expect (i.e. a good time) and in case I want to rent my own Rush server. I liked Lancang Dam because there were only 16 people connected. I think Zavod 311 could be too vertical with the platforms above the third set of M-COMs. I don't know if an amtrak is enough for the attacking team on Hainan Resort, or if the IFV for the defending team is too much on the third set. I would like to hear opinions about expansion maps too. I heard Naval Strike has the worst Rush maps. I am hoping that the community has had good games on the Dragon's Teeth maps.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, March 16th 2017, 11:33pm

In short, I have found no map in BF4 that worked equally good or better on Rush as it does on Conquest. One of the better ones is likely Propaganda, other than that Locker and the Second Assault maps work out better, because Rush was better in BF3 as well. Playercount has a lot to do with enjoyment as well, so anything more than 32 players will end up with a stable front.

If you really enjoy Rush, Battlefield Bad Company 2 is the game to play, Rush was the trademark gamemode.

Date of registration
: Aug 28th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, March 17th 2017, 8:53pm

These are what I remember to be good rush maps.

• Golmud Railway - As a pilot, the open flight space is a turnoff for me in Conquest, but the rush mode doesn't feature air vehicles except for a Scout Heli on the attacking team. The lack of an MAA also makes it easier to keep it airborne. A good tanker on defense can ruin the map for the enemy team, though, since there is a lot of open terrain and the cover can't protect you both from the front and a flanking tank.
  • Caspian Border, Firestorm, Oman - I agree with Vincent about the BF3(/BF2) maps. I like the roster of available vehicles and the map design in general.
  • Propaganda - This map is hailed as the best city map in BF4 and lends itself well to rush. Unlike the other maps I mentioned, I think it's Infantry Only.

I might have missed a few that I haven't played on for long, but these are my favourites. The rest range from decent to awful, but your opinion on them may be different from mine. Lockers is fine, but needs 24 players or less in my opinion.

God I miss Valparaiso :love:

Click me!

Why I don't use lasers:

Quoted

The Green Laser Sight you should almost always turn off as it gives away your vacation.

Quotes Corner

Double Ass-Ault Tank Lunch - YouTube

Most fun ever in this game mode.

BF4: Competitive Tank Launching

Rated on explosives used, launch, flight trajectory, style/tricks, and landing.

Shitgun: Whoops did I spell that wrong? Nah, I don't believe so.

Anyone got any ideas about what the UGL Rail on the L86 is for? (13/04 Patch notes.)

XM25 can't mount, can it? Looking forward to my Underslung Ammo box!

Is there any way for anyone that doesn't have mod powers to know what the IE on 360 thread is? I feel so left out...

Nope. Deleted so only mods can see the contents. It has some... interesting stuff there... *squints @Riesig <.< *

*Nick 30075's Application for Moderatorship follows:*

HURR DURR I IS GOOD MOD GIB IE ON 360

My application would be better.
"Totally not Tapatalk only. Pls gib pwor"

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, March 17th 2017, 9:11pm

oman is not a bad map(when it works) and firestorm is arguable... but caspian? it was already bad in bf3, but in before it is just pure trash for rush, i have no idea how you can consider it a good map, it just doesn't work with how the gamemode flows.

zavod imho was the best rush map for me, it just flowed well and had a good mix of all the kinds of fight.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

• "spaceflaffy" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 9th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Saturday, March 18th 2017, 12:10am

Golmud Railway - As a pilot, the open flight space is a turnoff for me in Conquest, but the rush mode doesn't feature air vehicles except for a Scout Heli on the attacking team. The lack of an MAA also makes it easier to keep it airborne. A good tanker on defense can ruin the map for the enemy team, though, since there is a lot of open terrain and the cover can't protect you both from the front and a flanking tank.Caspian Border, Firestorm, Oman - I agree with Vincent about the BF3(/BF2) maps. I like the roster of available vehicles and the map design in general.Propaganda - This map is hailed as the best city map in BF4 and lends itself well to rush. Unlike the other maps I mentioned, I think it's Infantry Only.
I might have missed a few that I haven't played on for long, but these are my favourites. The rest range from decent to awful, but your opinion on them may be different from mine. Lockers is fine, but needs 24 players or less in my opinion.
I realize that the vehicles keep the game interesting for the engineers and their rocket launchers. But the jet on Caspian Border might be overkill since I honestly never figured out how to destroy a jet as infantry or assist a friendly jet. I think I liked Firestorm and if Oman doesn't have an amtrac, I would assume the map is heavily biased toward the defending team because of the amphibious assault at the beginning.
God I miss Valparaiso :love:
I wish I were playing that game when it was new.
zavod imho was the best rush map for me, it just flowed well and had a good mix of all the kinds of fight.
I have had good experiences on zavod and graveyard shift.

I should have asked what the best and decent maps are. I am guessing decent is fairly balanced or one M-COM is biased towards a team.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, March 18th 2017, 12:34am

I always thought that Rush worked better with no vehicles and player counts of 24 people on the whole. But yeah Zavod is decent, as iota pointed out the varied firefights are appealing.

Caspian is nice in my book because the maps is always a looker and the it plays out rather different from any other map. Firestorm is also decent, I forgot about Oman in my initial post.

Still I think Locker and Metro are the best, when played with 24 people.

Date of registration
: Aug 28th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, March 18th 2017, 10:29pm

Caspian? it was already bad in bf3, but in before it is just pure trash for rush, i have no idea how you can consider it a good map, it just doesn't work with how the gamemode flows.

It's interesting how widely these opinions can vary. Caspian was my second favourite BF3 vanilla map. I particularly liked the cover for (and from) air vehicles (both the trees, C hill and the tall mast, to break lock-ons) and the fighting around C where there was a significant vertical advantage. Also,
the map is always a looker

I realize that the vehicles keep the game interesting for the engineers and their rocket launchers. But the jet on Caspian Border might be overkill since I honestly never figured out how to destroy a jet as infantry or assist a friendly jet. I think I liked Firestorm.

I had forgotten that Caspian had an Attack Jet. With no MAA and a lot of tanks that vehicle has a lot of impact. There's not much you can do to kill a decent pilot as a lone infantryman. Stingers help keep it at bay but it can avoid damage because of flares/ECM and the limited Stinger range. The same goes for when it's in a jet duel. Keep shooting at it though; it is, at least, very annoying for the pilot :)

There is a jet on each side of Firestorm as well, but I guess the buildings (and the pipelines for the tanks, to a lesser extent) there provide good vertical cover.

I always hated the last M-COM in the tower where a couple of defenders could grenade spam their way to victory. They moved it in the Rush rework, didn't they? I like it apart from that.

Click me!

Why I don't use lasers:

Quoted

The Green Laser Sight you should almost always turn off as it gives away your vacation.

Quotes Corner

Double Ass-Ault Tank Lunch - YouTube

Most fun ever in this game mode.

BF4: Competitive Tank Launching

Rated on explosives used, launch, flight trajectory, style/tricks, and landing.

Shitgun: Whoops did I spell that wrong? Nah, I don't believe so.

Anyone got any ideas about what the UGL Rail on the L86 is for? (13/04 Patch notes.)

XM25 can't mount, can it? Looking forward to my Underslung Ammo box!

Is there any way for anyone that doesn't have mod powers to know what the IE on 360 thread is? I feel so left out...

Nope. Deleted so only mods can see the contents. It has some... interesting stuff there... *squints @Riesig <.< *

*Nick 30075's Application for Moderatorship follows:*

HURR DURR I IS GOOD MOD GIB IE ON 360

My application would be better.
"Totally not Tapatalk only. Pls gib pwor"

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, March 19th 2017, 6:08pm

Yeah Caspian was appealing on very different levels and a Rush round played out differently each set of MCOMS, because you would transist from longer range, vehicle combat to middlerange infantry and flanking combat to close quarters and back to medium range.

And the optics especially on BF4 were just stunning to behold. Favourite map for Conquest in BF3 and 4.