Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "NoClue" started this thread

Date of registration
: Aug 5th 2016

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, September 29th 2016, 2:21pm

Renting A Server: Which Map And Game Mode?

Dear community,

Due to the nature of Battlefield 4 (rape or get raped), I enjoy it less everyday. Thus I am thinking about renting a server and creating a better gaming experience for myself and others. I have a clear conception of what I want to accomplish but since I am completely new to this, I would greatly appreciate your input. I think this game has a lot of great maps that do not really get the attention they deserve. You can find a lot of servers that run maps like Operation Metro, Operation Locker or Siege Of Shanghai but if you are looking for a round of Dawnbreaker or Zavod 311, you have to join one those "Vanilla-Map-Servers" and hope that the map rotation displayed on the server page is correct. As far as I can tell, there is a niche to fill. Maps like Dawnbreaker offer a wide variety of gameplay. On flags A, B and E - easily accessible from the countless roofs - you have infantry combat, tanks are patrolling the roads and the attack helicopter is - unlike on other maps - somewhat useful. You can probably tell that Dawnbreaker is my favorite map. But other maps are really appealing too.

Golmud Railway, Conquest (small) has 5 flags, 2 tanks, a stealth jet, an attack helicopter, the mobile artillary and no mobile anti-air. It offers infantry combat, mainly at A and B, but the distance to other flags makes this map somewhat vehicle-heavy.

Zavod 311, Conquest (small) has only 4 flags. It comes with a transport helicopter, a tank and a mobile artillary. Surely a great map for infantry gameplay. The tank can be powerful but is pretty much limited to the flags A and D because if it decides to attack other flags not only does it risk getting C4ed from above (B and C) but also from below (B). Maybe the tank also has to deal with the mobile artillary.

Siege Of Shanghai, Conquest (small) is another infantry-heavy map. Each team only has a tank and a scout helicopter, though I am thinking about banning the scout helicopter since it can dominate in a similar manner to the attack helicopter on Conquest Large.

Siege Of Shanghai, Conquest Large: When I play this map I always think it would be much more enjoyable without the attack chopper or with a mobile anti-aircraft. So if I decide to run this map I will most likely ban the attack chopper.

What do you think about these options? Of course there is also the possibility of running something completely different. Do you think there is any other map or game mode that deserves its own server?

Greetings

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, September 29th 2016, 2:48pm

What are your thoughts on including DLC maps as well?

I have always owned Premium, but with it becoming free a while back, most players should have access to all maps by now.

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,925)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, September 29th 2016, 3:10pm

Run a vanilla preset and when the server fills up change it to Infantry only and see if people stay :D
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration

Friday, September 30th 2016, 4:26am

What are your thoughts on including DLC maps as well?

I have always owned Premium, but with it becoming free a while back, most players should have access to all maps by now.
Well, I like Operation Firestorm (because I played Battlefield 3) and Pearl Market (great infantry map) but that is pretty much it. There are enough servers running these maps already. Regarding Premium: Even though the DLCs were free, I still think most people will stick to the basic maps. A while back there was a thread about the most played maps and the first ten or so were all vanilla maps. Nonetheless, which DLC maps do you have in mind?

Run a vanilla preset and when the server fills up change it to Infantry only and see if people stay :D
I prefer a normal preset. I am not one of those players that plays a specific class or vehicle only, so an infantry only server is not really what I am looking for.
When running a server, one has basically two options: offer something specific (like Air Superiority) or the opposite (mixed maps and game modes). Personally I prefer servers that offer something specific. That way I can choose how long I want to play on it and I am not "forced" to leave when the map or game mode changes.
I played some Siege Of Shanghai Conquest (small) today and really enjoyed it.

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, September 30th 2016, 4:33am

My favourite map from Premium is probably Guilin Peaks, as it is a mostly infantry map that plays very dynamically with a good squad. What are your thoughts on it?

Operation Outbreak is also well designed, though it is not a part of Premium but rather Community Operations.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Friday, September 30th 2016, 11:59am

My preference is pretty on par with this video:

https://youtu.be/mRQ7eYlwKGw

Golmud Railway
Siege of Shanghai
Propaganda
Pearl Market
Zavod 311
Guilin Peaks
Wave Breaker
Op.Mortar
OP. Locker
Dragon Valley
Op. Outbreak
Giants of Karelia (CQS)

I dont know about the server status right now, but I am pretty sure there are plenty of specialized servers per good map.

e.g. Golmud 24/7, Locker 24/7, Pearl Market 24/7

If I want to play a good round, I would rather join a 24/7 map, than an unorganised list, I dont know what to expect from.

I suggest you pick one of these good maps and run this map 24/7. But pick a map, which is not very common.
Or a "Best Infantry Maps"-List.

Whatever it is, you need to consider how to stand out from the pool of other servers, but still fill up the space.

Nothing is more annoying than having a server nobody joins in.
still playin' Motorstorm

marbleduck

Smoked Salmon Best Salmon

(1,510)

Date of registration
: Dec 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Friday, September 30th 2016, 5:10pm

The best option is to wait for BF1. BF4's population is very depressed right now, and even fairly well-known Ranked servers struggle to become full (even with 30+ players!).

Literally the only option at this point is to create an Official server, which will get populated quickly. Unfortunately, that leaves you with the same balancing dilemma.

Probably the only server worth playing on at this point in the game's lifecycle is AOD, which balances fairly well through custom auto balance plugins. Additionally, the admins don't ban competitive players.

Quoted

the attack helicopter is - unlike on other maps - somewhat useful

This might be the silliest statement I have heard in some time.

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :s"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"stfu cunt, BF3 was way better end of discussion"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"fuck you asshole, dont talk shit about total"

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

"please talk like a normal person and not like a professional"

Date of registration

Friday, September 30th 2016, 8:29pm

My preference is pretty on par with this video:

https://youtu.be/mRQ7eYlwKGw

Golmud Railway
Siege of Shanghai
Propaganda
Pearl Market
Zavod 311
Guilin Peaks
Wave Breaker
Op.Mortar
OP. Locker
Dragon Valley
Op. Outbreak
Giants of Karelia (CQS)

I dont know about the server status right now, but I am pretty sure there are plenty of specialized servers per good map.

e.g. Golmud 24/7, Locker 24/7, Pearl Market 24/7

If I want to play a good round, I would rather join a 24/7 map, than an unorganised list, I dont know what to expect from.

I suggest you pick one of these good maps and run this map 24/7. But pick a map, which is not very common.
Or a "Best Infantry Maps"-List.

Whatever it is, you need to consider how to stand out from the pool of other servers, but still fill up the space.

Nothing is more annoying than having a server nobody joins in.
Very helpful, thank you!
The best option is to wait for BF1. BF4's population is very depressed right now, and even fairly well-known Ranked servers struggle to become full (even with 30+ players!).

Literally the only option at this point is to create an Official server, which will get populated quickly. Unfortunately, that leaves you with the same balancing dilemma.

Probably the only server worth playing on at this point in the game's lifecycle is AOD, which balances fairly well through custom auto balance plugins. Additionally, the admins don't ban competitive players.
I will not get Battlefield 1, at least not at release, let alone running a server for this game. I simply do not like it that much. Anyway, thanks for your input on Battlefield 4 servers.
This might be the silliest statement I have heard in some time.
Ditto! Instead of just labeling my statement as silly, how about you make an argument? In my opinion, Dawnbreaker fits the attack helicopter better than a big open map like Golmud Railway. An even better fit is Siege Of Shanghai since there is no mobile anti-aircraft and a lot of buildings for cover. That is why I wrote it is "somewhat useful" on Dawnbreaker.

This post by "NoClue" (Friday, September 30th 2016, 8:35pm) has been deleted by user "yugas42" (Friday, September 30th 2016, 9:31pm) with the following reason: duplicate

This post by "NoClue" (Friday, September 30th 2016, 8:36pm) has been deleted by user "yugas42" (Friday, September 30th 2016, 9:31pm) with the following reason: duplicate