Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Sunday, August 14th 2016, 5:09pm

Yet again Most interesting weapons are still banned from comp. I'd like to See How a comp Training Match Looks like without These restrictions.

For us when that practice/scrim happens..it pretty much goes like this.

Then, roughly 1 min and 47 seconds later..

After scrim meeting...

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser
Come join us on teamspeak!!!
Symthic/Team Symthic Teamspeak: TeamSym.Nitrado.net

Date of registration
: Jan 8th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, August 14th 2016, 8:25pm

First off, I have the utmost respect for the work symthic has done for the BF community and look forward to future information on bf1. That said I played in a pub last night with some of the crew and was pretty disgusted. Every single member was doing everything possible to break hitboxes and break animations. Guy's plowing around the corner at foot level zouzou jumping then spamming the hell out of crouch. Is this how SYM thinks the game should be played, by breaking it in every way possible? I noticed a streamer playing at the same time and found this on his vod Gfycat GIFs GIF | Create, Discover and Share on Gfycat

If you guys want to delete this that's fine, call me a salty bitch, whatever. Just curious what justifications you have for doing everything possible to eliminate skill from the game.

Nice to see Team SYM is so good people actually create threads to try mess with you guys outside the battlefield.

Warm applause, fellas. :)

@Smithy, next time you write something like this, make sure to forward a copy to United Nations. The world should know.

Mori4rte. (NOT a SYM member)

Date of registration
: Jan 31st 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, August 15th 2016, 8:33am

Exploiting the immensely fucked-up animations and hitboxes is key to doing well in BF4 (sadly) at higher levels of play. Welcome to the meta. It's especially comical when I fire 2 shots with a DMR at someone's head, and the first shot makes their character model duck/flinch so hard that my second shot misses. :rolleyes:

But what really worries me is BF1 seems to have the exact same issues, in some ways it's even more fucked up than BF4 because you can crouch to slide, strafing is even faster, and then there's vehicle entry animations and wall-climbing animations.

I mean...I'd be totally fine with absurd movement if hitboxes synced perfectly and guns were hitscan to keep up with my aim/reflexes (see CS, Overwatch, Quake, etc). But having such movement in Battlefield? The fuck is wrong with DICE :(

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, August 15th 2016, 11:48am

and then there's vehicle entry animations and wall-climbing animations.

you can't shoot back while doing thwese though.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,645)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, August 15th 2016, 6:39pm

DMRs do not need headshots to be good.

That is simply an unncessary risk even without considering the animation.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Monday, August 15th 2016, 9:48pm

First off, I have the utmost respect for the work symthic has done for the BF community and look forward to future information on bf1. That said I played in a pub last night with some of the crew and was pretty disgusted. Every single member was doing everything possible to break hitboxes and break animations. Guy's plowing around the corner at foot level zouzou jumping then spamming the hell out of crouch. Is this how SYM thinks the game should be played, by breaking it in every way possible? I noticed a streamer playing at the same time and found this on his vod Gfycat GIFs GIF | Create, Discover and Share on Gfycat

If you guys want to delete this that's fine, call me a salty bitch, whatever. Just curious what justifications you have for doing everything possible to eliminate skill from the game.

Uhm.... I've never seen a server that wasn't like that. The sweaty players are always doing sweaty things. Those sweaty things are available to you, too, so I would say use them. I draw the line at things like spamming active radar from the redzone or glitching into rooftops, because, as was said above, those things aren't balanced between the teams. Character movement is, though. Some glitches don't offer the opponent the opportunity to fight back and are kinda weak and I won't abide by such behaviour, but this character movement stuff.... Well, to put it bluntly: You *could* have shot him.

So why didn't you? Let's talk about skill. In the GIF I see you beaten by poor positioning (no cover) and the element of surprise working in grandbeast's favour. The zouzou jump was just the icing on the cake. Given that I know such mechanics as the dodgy movement and, more importantly, peeker's advantage exist in the game, and especially since the opponent obviously knew exactly where you were, I would have taken position a few metres behind you where that little bump rises up from the train engine. You would have been in cover from the head up, in an unknown position, things may have worked out differently. You could have placed a grenade to cover your retreat if you needed that one extra second to back up.

Point is, yeh, game mechanics give the advantage to the first player to engage, in that 2-guys-1-corner scenario. Movement, hitboxes, netcode, lots of things play a part in it, but really, it's not down to game mechanics. It's down to the simple fact that nobody has cover, and he will be aiming while you are reacting, he will be shooting while you are aiming, etc, always one step ahead of you. So..... Don't be in that scenario. Take the initiative and the advantage that it provides, either by attacking as he did to you, or by retreating to an advantageous position to re-engage.

You didn't lose because zouzou. You lost because you fought on his terms.

Date of registration
: Jan 31st 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, August 19th 2016, 7:12am

DMRs do not need headshots to be good.

They do when their head is all you can see, which happens quite often against decent players who stick to cover.

This post by "DuncanSel" (Sunday, August 6th 2017, 9:06am) has been deleted by user "Miffyli" (Sunday, August 6th 2017, 11:54am) with the following reason: Rule 5 & 11