Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Darktan13

Unhappy Camper

(4,360)

Date of registration
: Feb 13th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, August 12th 2016, 12:04am

Tbh it would be a pretty good idea to rename Team Sym as it has pretty much nothing to do with this website anymore...

Team Symthic members hold multiple, active positions within the Symthic forum staff.

Team members | Symthic

Elementofprgress, Sao, Labby, yugas42 are all members of, exception: element is a leader, Team Symthic. Legion also has ties to Team Symthic.

Team Symthics founders, most of the current leadership, and many of the members are from Symthic and have been contributors for years. Of the top 3 Symthic forum members by volume of posts, 2 are TSYM (just to speak to forum participation)

Symthic currently hosts the CCS Battlefield league, of which TSYM is a participant and core organiser.

Not to mention distancing the Symthic community from other websites like battlelog and reddit....

Reddit also has had multiple competitive BF3 and 4 teams, most notably the reddit player BrettXF is now probably the most prominent caster for battlefield competitive.
Non-TSYM members of Symthic have long been extremely critical of Battlelog and players from it, the general dislike of Youtubers is also something propagated largely by non-TSYM members. Any distance between the battlefield communities has not been the fault of TSYM, who has organised and been involved in multiple positive community events.

Would hopefully improve the reputation of this website instead of the current general bad reputation it has as a bunch of tryhard abusers

Symthic has had a poor reputation in that regard for forever, TSYM hasn't negatively impacted it. the release/discovery of glitches/bugs/tricks and (in the eyes of many) 'spreadsheet nerds who don't know how to play / reducing the game to optimal choices only / perception of preachiness on how you should play' ect has always given a negative side to SYMs reputation for some in the battlefield community. remember the BF3 file editor fiasco? that was largely blamed on symthic by the community, and tainted the perception of symthic for a long time.

if anything, TSYMs success has removed the 'spreadsheet nerds who don't know how to play' largely as a complaint of symthic and it's advice and discoveries. And the community involvement on multiple levels by TSYM has only improved the positive perception of this site.

some users seem to have taken a liking for trolling and mocking people on public websites...

This is not specific to TSYM, and is discouraged. This thread as an example, has no such mocking or trolling, the replies by myself and other TSYM members have been clean.

Not about forcing personal opinions and other shit that just breeds more bullshit and hate..

TSYM does not force anything upon anyone with regards to personal opinions. at no point has this ever happened.

People are even afraid to come here to ask for help as they think everyone are elitist assholes that will insult them for not knowing everything.

I have yet to see any evidence of this, let alone any that paints TSYM as the cause.

Much of TSYMs public face is through either direct interaction with members, videos such as Team Symthic Competitive Frags - Teamtage One - YouTube or through TSYM members who stream regularly including (but not limited to)

Planets: http://www.twitch.tv/capten_planets [twitch.tv]
GrandBeast: http://www.twitch.tv/grandbeast [twitch.tv]
Incarnate: http://www.twitch.tv/incarnatestrike [twitch.tv]
sSK1TTL3Ss: http://www.twitch.tv/ssk1ttl3ss [twitch.tv]
Sithral: http://www.twitch.tv/sithrallob [twitch.tv]
Freakplayer: https://www.twitch.tv/freakplayer_rr [twitch.tv]
Colossus: http://www.twitch.tv/colossusofc1out [twitch.tv]

As an example, sSK1TTL3Ss has a quarter of a million views on the twitch channel, a much bigger platform for interacting with the battlefield community than a few posts on this website.
If you follow any of these streamers, you do not see those kinds of negative attitudes you claim are TSYMs fault,

Even the responses to massive trolls on battlelog are clean and beyond reasonable - example here is a recent comment chain from the Team Symthic Platoon page.

Alakazou334
Fucking bunch of pub stomping faggots. Makes you feel tough does it? Goddamned pathetic losers.
3 weeks ago • 10 likes
CFC7000 and SYM-FAMASMaestro +8 like this
SYM-Incarnate
<3 you too bud. Try not to get banned by a language filter again!
3 weeks ago
SYM-Incarnate
Also feel free to join the next CCS season if you wanna back up your constant shit-talk!
2 weeks ago
SYM-Colossus
Yea, Alakazou, you should join the free agents and see if a team will recruit you
2 weeks ago

If you, or anyone else has a problem with the conduct of a TSYM member here, or anywhere else, consider contacting TSYMs leadership so the issue can be resolved as appropriate.

The Teamspeak TeamSym.nitrado.net is always open, and admins/leaders can be contacted at most hours should you need.

Quoted from "J0hn-Stuart-Mill"

EMPOWER EMPOWER EMPOWER

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Darktan13" (Aug 12th 2016, 4:24am)

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, August 12th 2016, 8:51am

ah.

thought he meant changing the name of the website, not of the team, changing the team's name wouldn't make much sense, not everyone knows there's a team sym, but everyone knows there is a symthic website.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Friday, August 12th 2016, 5:15pm

The Teamspeak TeamSym.nitrado.net is always open, and admins/leaders can be contacted at most hours should you need.

I'm here too :3
Sometimes

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: The Shivering Voice of the Ghost by Gehenna!

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,795)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Sunday, August 14th 2016, 2:06am

it has pretty much nothing to do with this website anymore

Team Symthic was never directly associated with the Symthic website, this has been something Team Symthic has stated from the very beginning of its run as an organized team. They are named Team Symthic simply because a majority of the members (and still all of the founding members) were Symthic community members as well, but Team Symthic isn't "sponsored" by Symthic.com. This is a concern that should have been brought up years ago because the relationship between the two entities has not changed. Furthermore, changing the name of a well recognized team this long after its inception is disruptive and would probably do more to damage the reputation of Team Symthic than it would do to improve the reputation of Symthic.com. As far as I am aware Team Symthic is well regarded in the competitive scene as a very skilled team, rather than a bunch of glitch abusers. The views of those who do not participate in these events will be different obviously, and not always correct.

You should also turn to your fellow forum members if you'd like to address trash talking on other websites, especially Reddit. I notice far more Symthic community members who frequent those boards than Team Symthic members. That's not to say that Team Symthic is completely innocent, I'm sure there is trash talking and miscommunication among them as well, but you're talking about a very small portion of the Symthic userbase when you refer to 'Team Symthic'.

Pretty much every time team Symthic is talked about on this website it comes with a disclaimer that it doesn't have anything to do with this website, and it's often mistaken as being the same as the Symthic website along with all it's members. It made sense when the team was all Symthic members, but ever since it split off into it's own thing, why even have the same name? For the record I did mention that back when it split off. What's the % of frequent Symthic users in team Symthic now anyways? 10-20% ish tops? Though even they seem generally inactive...

The other half of the first row was addressed to the Symthic community followed with a very common conception of someone from "Symthic"... The masses don't care that there are several versions of "Symthic". But I can understand why it was misunderstood as referring only to team Sym as that's exactly what I was referring to when saying that Team Symthic should get a new name to avoid confusions with the Symthic community... Especially when people love to go tl;dr after reading the first sentence of something.

There's a general elitism and arrogance growing in the community, where some vocal users claim to know exactly how the game should be in their own personal opinion and anything else is scoffed at. It's bringing both the community and the reputation of Symthic down...

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Darktan13

Unhappy Camper

(4,360)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, August 14th 2016, 3:57am

There's a general elitism and arrogance growing in the community, where some vocal users claim to know exactly how the game should be in their own personal opinion and anything else is scoffed at. It's bringing both the community and the reputation of Symthic down...

This seems to be your primary problem, and I can see how it'd be troubling. However, that issue is separate from Team Symthic. stop bringing them up in the same breath, because they're not related.

Pretty much every time team Symthic is talked about on this website it comes with a disclaimer that it doesn't have anything to do with this website, and it's often mistaken as being the same as the Symthic website along with all it's members. It made sense when the team was all Symthic members, but ever since it split off into it's own thing, why even have the same name? For the record I did mention that back when it split off. What's the % of frequent Symthic users in team Symthic now anyways? 10-20% ish tops? Though even they seem generally inactive...

Why not have the same name? It's why the team was founded originally, it's where the team was founded, it's where the majority of players are from or have come to be a part of (be it active poster, passive user, contributor or forum staff). And you seem to be mis-informed. TSYM has always been 'it's own thing' from the very beginning, that's never changed. Why are you opposed to the name? TSYM has an excellent record in competition at all scales, especially 10v10 through 32v32s, and has an excellent roster of people who paint a positive picture of the site and it's community and a long history of helping to improve and expand the battlefield community, especially its competitive aspects. and has definitely improved the perception of Symthic to the community at large.

EMPOWER EMPOWER EMPOWER

TheMightyVoice

The Pantless Messiah Returns

(1,830)

Date of registration
: May 22nd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Sunday, August 14th 2016, 11:41am

I got quite a giggle out of this, actually. You calling out the competitive players who aren't active posters on the forums, while you are one of the most active posters on the forums, yet one of the least active players of the game the forums exist for.

I mean no huge disrespect, but perhaps your time would be better spent attempting to play and chat with these people you feel have slighted you in some way. Broaden your horizons, learn new skills, and you may start seeing Battlefield in a different way. And for the love of god, stop keyboard warrioring about Team Symthic, your complaints are honestly just petty. Frankly, there's not been much better PR for the Symthic website than Team Symthic's actions. As has been previously stated, people already held negative misconceptions about the users of this site as a whole for silly, misinformed reasons, and having a very dominant team sometimes confused with the site isn't what I'd call a bad thing. It's not like the people who are active on the forums here are somehow better than anyone else with access to the information hosted here. Most of the elitist attitudes I've seen are people posting ridiculous shit elsewhere, like Reddit or the official forums, claiming to be "from symthic", as if signing up for a forum and shitposting means something.

Also, disclaimer: I have no official affiliation with Team Symthic, all opinions stated in this post are my own.
Eat your heart out, Badger.

Spoiler Spoiler

<elementofprgress> yummm baby jesus
<elementofprgress> but i'd prefer jesus with ketchup

<cloon> women are allowed to play hockey?
<daddygreeenjeans> body checks are a fundamental part of women's suffrage

<Riesig> "... I'M GAY..."

steamboat28: the doctors at the ER found my nipples, too!
steamboat28: it just..y'know...took them a razor and two orderlies.

<Legion> And damn, now I really want some [redacted] penetrator measurements

<Rezal> peipin, why did you tell them you brought your phone?
<Pepin_the_Short> Because there’s like a one in five chance of getting searched on the way out
<Pepin_the_Short> And trying to sneak the fucker out is way worse than letting them look at Cloon’s dick pics.

17:52:08 <Rezal> Unfortunately, this video is not available in your country because it could contain music, for which we could not agree on conditions of use with GEMA.
17:52:15 <ToTheSun> lolgema
17:52:15 <TheMightyVoice> lolgema

<Legion> But I literally am Hitler right now
Somehow my bullets are magnetically attracted to popular Youtubers, but theirs rarely seem to hit me.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Sunday, August 14th 2016, 2:46pm

Yet again Most interesting weapons are still banned from comp. I'd like to See How a comp Training Match Looks like without These restrictions.

However, it's a shame that such moves habe to be used in Order to make infantry Play interesting. Waiting for the enemy to make a false Positioning and finally receiving a Kill is annoyingly Boring if the Positioning is already at a high Level. I See breaking hitboxes as the only way to Take the Action and be aggressive.

Im kinda Happy that i don't need to use them on Public console servers.
still playin' Motorstorm

Darktan13

Unhappy Camper

(4,360)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, August 14th 2016, 4:06pm

Yet again Most interesting weapons are still banned from comp. I'd like to See How a comp Training Match Looks like without These restrictions.

However, it's a shame that such moves habe to be used in Order to make infantry Play interesting.

You keep saying that, but don't actually realise that's not true. As an example, only the FAMAS / CZ3A & primary shotguns are the only weapons banned from CCS and LeveL-Battlefield bans zero weapons. Does that qualify as "most" interesting weapons? no.

And no, such moves don't have to be used to make infantry play interesting, it's just one more tool, not a requirement. Have you even watched high-level infantry play?

EMPOWER EMPOWER EMPOWER

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, August 14th 2016, 5:02pm

Okay okay okay. phew.

Insert disclaimer here and there and maybe put one next to the fireplace or in it. Do as you please with it.

Obviously Team Sym and Symthic.com are not one and the same. However we are deeply connected and a part of each other. Just like Brute-force approach to BF4 gun balance & optimal attachments, burst sizes, and aim targets obviously isn't a Scientific Publication by Symthic.com the entity. No, it is one of the many amazing post that 3VerstsNorth has made that finds its home here. It is a direct result of his awesome individual work and effort while at the same time it is the unavoidable result of this community just...doing what we do best, Symthic things. To some, including myself, post like that are a big part of what defines Symthic. For most its the weapon charts and some its Team Symthic. For others its "Huh? What's Symtick?" -.-

So, much in the same way 3VerstsNorth 's work I previously linked and other great posts(really some could/should be publications), projects, and programs on this site are independent works from community members or results from the Symthic community doing what I can only describe as the Symthic things we tend to do. Team Symthic is one of these results. Now over time Team Sym has grown quite a lot and there are many new faces who may or may not be active posters. Regardless of our size, numbers, or activity we are Team Sym because its who we are, we come from here, the reasons why the team exist at all It is embedded in Symthic. The nature of Symthic is embedded in the teams foundation. I understand that from the outside the connection between the site and the team could be overlooked or missed, but Symthic forum members and the majority of Team Sym members are two sides of the same coin. The inexplicable NEED to poke, prod, experiment, decompile, test, push and explore every game we enjoy then analyze them until we understand even the most inconsequential of details, mechanics and statistics is also at the core of Team Sym. Methods might differ but results and intentions are the same. We are all ONE community at the end of the day.If not the Symthic community your still stuck with me in the Battlefield community. And yes, I would have to be blind not to see the current divide but that will change in time.

At the end of the day, in spite of the fact that there is no one idea of what makes an enjoyable Battlefield experience, all of us just want the BF community as a WHOLE to be a better place, informed, and result in a enjoyable experience. At least that is my goal as someone who wants bridge the community and team.

...now from here on in. Lets get this thread back on topic??

First off, I have the utmost respect for the work symthic has done for the BF community and look forward to future information on bf1. That said I played in a pub last night with some of the crew and was pretty disgusted. Every single member was doing everything possible to break hitboxes and break animations. Guy's plowing around the corner at foot level zouzou jumping then spamming the hell out of crouch. Is this how SYM thinks the game should be played, by breaking it in every way possible? I noticed a streamer playing at the same time and found this on his vod Gfycat GIFs GIF | Create, Discover and Share on Gfycat

If you guys want to delete this that's fine, call me a salty bitch, whatever. Just curious what justifications you have for doing everything possible to eliminate skill from the game.

At the end of the day...skill is a pretty retaliative thing. I mean to many skill is the fastest reaction time in a simple point and click game with pretty BF4 graphics. However, thoughtful use of an unconventional gadget deemed worthless by others...like say a MAV in top level 5v5 comp. NOOB! NO SKILL BOOO. ...actually that is a true story from ESL One finals -.- My point being, jumping like this it doesn't eliminate skill from the game it just changes the skill set. As for justification, for many reasons I don't think it needs any but I will say this. In the current state of BF4 comp as annoying has it is...it is a required skill set if you intended to compete.

The REAL issue is that stuff like this shouldn't be possible in the first place. Which unfortunately the issue is more complicated then it seems at a glance. BF4 is ripe with various small animation bugs and glitch. Most are detrimental, some help a little. Like sliding after a revive. This particular jumping issue seen in your GIF is a big-ol combination of things. Including what I assume is some server and client network syncing issues because it only works when you start the jump at a point where you are not in the enemy's line of sight. Which if that is the case, I would be amazed if it is ever fixed in BF4.

In good news, DICE is very aware of this stuff and SEEMS to be taking steps to curb jumping around like that. I guess time will tell in a few months.

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser
Come join us on teamspeak!!!
Symthic/Team Symthic Teamspeak: TeamSym.Nitrado.net

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Sunday, August 14th 2016, 5:05pm

However, it's a shame that such moves habe to be used in Order to make infantry Play interesting.

You keep saying that, but don't actually realise that's not true. As an example, only the FAMAS / CZ3A & primary shotguns are the only weapons banned from CCS and LeveL-Battlefield bans zero weapons. Does that qualify as "most" interesting weapons? no.

And no, such moves don't have to be used to make infantry play interesting, it's just one more tool, not a requirement. Have you even watched high-level infantry play?

.... /doing quick search/

Battlefield 4 - 8vs8

Quoted

* all DLC weapons and items
* XM-25 Airburst (XM25 DART and SMOKE allowed)
* Flashbangs
* All shotguns (including Shorty 12G)

... hm, no more SCARH or ACE52 forbidden ? But I read nothing from FAMAS/CZ3A1 bans.

Nope, show me.
still playin' Motorstorm