Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Dec 26th 2015

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, July 24th 2016, 10:51am

As someone who has shaky hands unless I'm soldering something, low DPI mice allow me to have more fun while playing. Also helps with headshots... lots of headshots.
I love the math behind the statistics
It's possible to find me online at almost any given time, due to the fact that my schedule is hectic and rather non-existent.

Who needs sleep anyways?
(PC/PS4 gamer)

Various bf4 spreadsheets: (nothing special, just raw data from the Symthic website put into a spreadsheet to analyze all values at once)

Spoiler Spoiler

General Weapon spreadsheet:
BF4_Weapons_enhanced_UPDATED_2016
Soldier Equipment:
BF4_Gadget_Damage
Interactive Damage Table
bf4_dmg_at_range - Google Sheets
Unsuppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Charts
bf4_sniper_guide
Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Charts
Suppressed bf4_sniper_guide
More user friendly Unsuppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart
Friendlier Sniper rifle Bullet Drop Chart
More user friendly Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart
Friendlier Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart

Monday, July 25th 2016, 5:10pm

60+ FPS is absolutely crucial for precise and fast aiming.

Players never believe how big of a difference that makes until they try playing the same FPS in 30fps and 60+ fps.

Check your mouse and any settings related to it and the usb ports - there can be some power saving or other types of settings that screw up the mouse.

Check the window's built in mouse acceleration, smoothing, enhanced precision... ALL of those must be disabled since they are utter garbage.

Tuesday, July 26th 2016, 2:47pm

So true. My xbox one died a while back, and while that doesn't hold 60FPS often, I certainly noticed the difference playing on xbox 360 at ~30FPS. It was awful.

Date of registration
: Jan 27th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, July 28th 2016, 2:07pm

Check the window's built in mouse acceleration, smoothing, enhanced precision... ALL of those must be disabled since they are utter garbage.
Unless you disable raw input, none of these have any effect on BF4, or basically every game nowadays.

Date of registration
: Jan 8th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, August 6th 2016, 1:46pm

Looks kinda strange to me every time I see 2.2 kpm and 1.09 K/D simultaneously. They just don't add up, these two, in my mind. How come you don't have K/D 3-4 if you shoot That accurate??

It seems to me it's time to up the game elsewhere instead of looking for some kind of optimal mouse setting.. or am I missing something?

• "s0_r4ndm" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 22nd 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, August 23rd 2016, 3:00pm

Looks kinda strange to me every time I see 2.2 kpm and 1.09 K/D simultaneously. They just don't add up, these two, in my mind. How come you don't have K/D 3-4 if you shoot That accurate??

It seems to me it's time to up the game elsewhere instead of looking for some kind of optimal mouse setting.. or am I missing something?
My stats:

Progression - s0_r4ndm - Battlelog
/ Battlefield 4

0.93 KPM

I'm a low KD player, even in bfbc2 where i'm halfpro and pub hero xD just go for the objective, you know, and don't care. Plus I know nothing about tactics or such yet. Not to mention I have a host of other problems in BF4 such as low graphics settings and low resolution due to low GPU power.

Also, sometimes I just can't aim because I don't see the enemy behind the muzzle flashes, flares, smoke, and other junk that DICE gracefully added to the game after BF3. No idea how to fix it but I perceive a lot of screenshake and other annoying sensations, so BF4 is just not my game, you know.

On topic: bought a Qck mat, set sensitivity to 0.0000 and DPI to 2600, feels a lot better. Still, bfbc2 mouse code is better, but this is as good as it gets for bf4.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, August 23rd 2016, 7:59pm

bfbc2 mouse aiming had untogglable mouse acceleration, that's why you can't transfer reliably the mouse sensitivty between the games, have no idea how you can bc2 felt better, unless you really like acceleration.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

• "s0_r4ndm" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 22nd 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, August 23rd 2016, 11:33pm

iota, I use th Evil Configurator which puts 0.00000 in the main settings file and then adjusts the scaling in the dbx files. That way the accel is gone or imperceivable. I can't feel it anyway. Have good hipfire accuracy in there, and you know, well, the mouse just doesn't jump around as much as in bf4, not to mention there is no real recoil in bfbc2. Donno, I've played quite a few rounds lately and in some the accuracy went above 20% with AR's, I think, which isn't bad at all. And I surely can hipfire the 1911 very well in that game, with a lot more confidence than in bf4.

I also think that the 0 sensitivity trick transfers to bf4, since until having done it, I couldn't really aim properly. The other thing that required adjustment was to set ads sensitivity to 125% to be able to track moving targets. No idea why, but it has to be like that, else I just miss anything that wants to strafe (which is basically any hostile object in the game :)).

Edit: This is the link describing the tweaks BC2: Removing Negative Accel and adjusting independent sensitivity

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "s0_r4ndm" (Aug 24th 2016, 12:45am)