Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "Zimanu" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 16th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, July 5th 2016, 5:02pm

Are there normal modes without mini-maps?

I'ts been less than a year since I'Ve started playing fps, both my grandpas were lieutenants in the army so I needed to relive some of that trauma, catharsis you know
I prefer the realism on not having a mini-map, it's get me more into the feeling of being on a battlefield for real, but I was looking at previous small clips I saved when only playing hardcore and it sums up why I was tired of doing so https://youtu.be/_ftzyMDlahY
Thanks

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, July 5th 2016, 10:55pm

I don't know if there's a server filter on console, if there is there might be a filter for "show minimap" (that filter is avaliable on PC at least). Otherwise classic mode might be your thing. It's sort of a blend of hardcore and normal mode, although it does have minimap enabled.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Date of registration
: Dec 26th 2015

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, July 7th 2016, 8:05am

I've been on a few custom non-hardcore servers that didn't have a minimap enabled. I don't know if there's anything like that for the ps4 though.
I love the math behind the statistics
It's possible to find me online at almost any given time, due to the fact that my schedule is hectic and rather non-existent.

Who needs sleep anyways?
(PC/PS4 gamer)

Various bf4 spreadsheets: (nothing special, just raw data from the Symthic website put into a spreadsheet to analyze all values at once)

Spoiler Spoiler

General Weapon spreadsheet:
BF4_Weapons_enhanced_UPDATED_2016
Soldier Equipment:
BF4_Gadget_Damage
Interactive Damage Table
bf4_dmg_at_range - Google Sheets
Unsuppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Charts
bf4_sniper_guide
Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Charts
Suppressed bf4_sniper_guide
More user friendly Unsuppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart
Friendlier Sniper rifle Bullet Drop Chart
More user friendly Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart
Friendlier Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart

Date of registration
: Feb 1st 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, February 2nd 2017, 12:29am

In my personal short memory, I believe there is an option for you to turn on/off the mini map for your personal server without turn it into a Hardcore one. It is workable on PS4. But it might let it become a Private server since it change some key feature to become a Ranker or official server.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,073)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, February 2nd 2017, 10:55am

@Quantage

Please do not post on threads that are old and inactive (more than month or so without posts). See Rule 11 here.

Thread locked.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included