Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Dec 26th 2015

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, June 24th 2016, 5:59am

When I tried it with a BASR - specifically the Scout Elite + Bipod + 40x scope, it didn't seem to work. DMRs & ARs worked great though. I don't think it works with bolt-actions, but I'd need to test it myself when I get out of work.
I love the math behind the statistics
It's possible to find me online at almost any given time, due to the fact that my schedule is hectic and rather non-existent.

Who needs sleep anyways?
(PC/PS4 gamer)

Various bf4 spreadsheets: (nothing special, just raw data from the Symthic website put into a spreadsheet to analyze all values at once)

Spoiler Spoiler

General Weapon spreadsheet:
BF4_Weapons_enhanced_UPDATED_2016
Soldier Equipment:
BF4_Gadget_Damage
Interactive Damage Table
bf4_dmg_at_range - Google Sheets
Unsuppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Charts
bf4_sniper_guide
Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Charts
Suppressed bf4_sniper_guide
More user friendly Unsuppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart
Friendlier Sniper rifle Bullet Drop Chart
More user friendly Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart
Friendlier Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart

Friday, June 24th 2016, 8:01am

It definitely works with the M82. Not sure about the normal BASR, never tried.

• "Enzo_Guy" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 16th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Friday, July 1st 2016, 2:48pm

I'll confirm the L115 (and therefore I'd assume all bolt-actions) does not receive the bipod bonus in a chopper. I got a 6x/14x with a bipod (obviously haha), parked a Little Bird at the default deployment on the test range where you shoot at the silhouettes, and sitting on the side I had considerable scope sway as if I was simply standing. Hop out, go prone, setup bipod on ground, scope sway eliminated; it definitely does not work for snipers. The bipod/passenger bug does, however, function perfectly with DMRs it seems. I put a HB and ACOG on my M39, the recoil reduction alone was blatantly obvious enough to confirm that immediately.

Also another odd bipod-related tidbit I discovered during this test: the bipod works with canted iron sights. I mostly use LMGs so I never use canted irons, but either way in total disregard of the laws of physics my guy turned his gun sideways and somehow the recoil, spread, etc all continued to act as if my gun was resting on the bipod normally. I got a good laugh out of my M39 somehow having no recoil like it was on the bipod despite it clearly being turned sideways with one leg of said bipod hanging in the air.
"We had defeated one disease after the next. Modern medicine had given us health and hope. A man's existence was no longer confined solely to his work, not that of women to childbearing. Science promised to deliver us heaven on earth, and we were happy to believe that. We had begun to live and our children were going to have it even better, this is something we were sure of.
............until the summer of 1914."
Are you ready for the trenches?

Friday, July 1st 2016, 9:26pm

Thanks for checking that out :) Shame it doesn't work on normal BASR. Try it with the pickup rifle though, it's a bit OP ;)

As for bipods and canted.... Some bipods IRL have a mount that allows canting, and I guess this could be equated to that, but I guess there isn't an animation for it.

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,085)

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Sunday, August 21st 2016, 4:08pm

Just found this old thread. I swear I've mentioned this glitch once or twice. I enjoy using this trick with the quads. You drive around and then switch seats when you see an enemy. I always imagine the other player being very confused when he gets sniped at crazy range by an LMG guy squatting on the back of the quad bike lol

It can also be a genuinely useful tactic as it allows you to aim up a lot higher than a bipod normally would. This is great on dawnbreaker for example.

Date of registration
: Aug 24th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, September 4th 2016, 10:03am

Quoted

While that sounds effective and all there's also one other, very effective setup for shooting out from helis: Semi-auto shotguns with frags.

Frag explosion helps aiming especially when heli is moving in jittery pattern, it also helps to damage people behind covers and whatnot. However I figure it's not as effective against people in enemy helis as LMG.

Little bird with good pilot + 2 engis with semi auto shotguns: Mini-gunship that wrecks pretty much everything. I had bit too much fun with that when I played with Haber, Sheepy and Tier with setup like that :>

^ This,

A support pilot with indirect fire resupplying his engies

Engies with mechanic loadout, auto 12G frags & smaws. And of course the good ole gas axe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk