Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Dec 23rd 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, June 1st 2016, 8:50am

I chose "eye candy", because 60hz/fps is enough for me. Even though I have stable income and so on, but most of the leftover money goes to my cars, as I value them more than my PC. My rig is currently capable of running any game at good settings 60+ fps. Also when the next, more demanding games come out, I'll be able to play them 60+fps too, even if I have to lower some settings. I am not really that competitive of a player.
Of course I could sell one of my cars and get the craziest, most powerful gaming setup imaginable, but I won't; gaming isn't my life, cars are.
Where flesh fails, machine endures.

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Wednesday, June 1st 2016, 10:33pm

Depends on the game and why I'm playing it. My vote went to "max fps" anyway.

(fast) Multiplayer: no lower than 60 FPS, preferably above 100 despite only having an old 60 Hz display. Preferred FoV for FPS is currently 110 (thanks, DOOM...)

WoW: Getting 100+ fps in a large format raid is next to impossible anyway, might at least crank out what little graphics the old engine can deliver. Remains playable for me if it remains above 20 in the busiest of (raid) situations.

Singleplayer: depending on the game 40-60 if it remains well playable (e.g. The Witcher 3, Metro series) Sometimes I even put on Vsync (Witcher 3).

For most titles my PC is currently packing enough power to run high to max settings and still retain at least 60 with a few exceptions. Fallout 4, for example, drops from stable 62 (capped due to physics and screen tearing issues, would run ~90 if I let it) to sometimes less than 30 when looking the wrong way in the city, probably trying to render massive amounts of off-screen shit.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

hunturk

Owner Of The World's Most Powerful Neck

(1,652)

Date of registration
: Aug 4th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, June 2nd 2016, 4:49pm

Low everything, aside from Mesh Distance which is Ultra.
Personally, i don't take a stance on whether or not there is a creating entity because i'm humble enough to realize, in my fucking insignificance, the concept escapes my comprehension with a lead of 9001 light years.
"Any substance able to evoke an organised flow of symbolic information seemingly issuing from somewhere outside one's sense of self, or ego, has to be worth studying, especially if the experience appears more real than real" - Simon G. Powell.

RIP SRAW

Wadayoutalkenabeet

Date of registration
: Jan 8th 2016

Battlelog:

Thursday, June 2nd 2016, 7:33pm

Shit, what's wrong with you guys? I actually get severe motion sickness when viewing 3D stuff at 50FPS and below. Sure, eye candy is nice, but I'd much rather not be vomiting after fifteen minutes.

Plus, my performance increased significantly when I got a 111Hz monitor, and I hope it will again when I get the FS2735.

Nothing wrong. They just don't know (or don't give a crap) what kind of an edge is playing bf4 at 144 fps on a 144hz monitor.

Can't wait to get my hands on a 160hz or 200hz monitors when they come out and I save enough for a couple of pascals.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,073)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, June 2nd 2016, 8:02pm

Can't wait to get my hands on a 160hz or 200hz monitors when they come out and I save enough for a couple of pascals.

Doubt that will happen with regural monitors. Afaik 60->90Hz jump is the most notable, but after that things are way less noticeable, and 120Hz - 144Hz is very hard to tell. I guess this speed-of-perceiving-things is, like many other human senses, logarithmic and we just don't see the differences after things get too high.

That said, I am not sure if refresh rates like that would help in VR. I guess it would bring more problems tho with stuttering stuff, but I know very little about 'advanced VR' so eh.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, June 2nd 2016, 8:52pm

Doubt that will happen with regural monitors. Afaik 60->90Hz jump is the most notable, but after that things are way less noticeable, and 120Hz - 144Hz is very hard to tell. I guess this speed-of-perceiving-things is, like many other human senses, logarithmic and we just don't see the differences after things get too high.

I don't agree with the last sentence. Speed of perceiving is a direct result of training. That is why FPS is never too high for some individuals. :)

It is not all about speed of perception though. There is also fluid motion @ very high FPS, which enables individuals to see periphery more clearly and easily perform and control certain things that are harder to do on 60 fps.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, June 2nd 2016, 8:55pm

As for the doubt part, there is already a 160hz gaming monitor on sale, Asus, IIRC with more to come. Going to stay niche, on that I will agree.

Here is the list of current developments in monitor department I dug out:

Gaming Monitor List (120Hz, 144Hz, 165Hz, 180Hz, 200Hz, and 240Hz)

EDIT: Sorry for the double-post. Guess I punched a wrong button somewhere along the way, silly me.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Mori4rte" (Jun 2nd 2016, 10:31pm)

Date of registration
: Aug 1st 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Thursday, June 2nd 2016, 9:33pm

That Asus PG248Q on the list looks intresting, i might actualy upgrade to that from my AOC G2460PQU.

Also, if you could edit your post instead of double posting in the future that would be nice.

Date of registration
: Dec 26th 2015

Sunday, June 5th 2016, 11:42am

Best frame rate possible... which with my current hardware is 45-50 fps, and I rarely play on anything other than 30hz servers.
Still better than my old average of 18-25!

Back when I used to play TF2 a lot, I pretty much got used to playing with 13-18 fps.
I love the math behind the statistics
It's possible to find me online at almost any given time, due to the fact that my schedule is hectic and rather non-existent.

Who needs sleep anyways?
(PC/PS4 gamer)

Various bf4 spreadsheets: (nothing special, just raw data from the Symthic website put into a spreadsheet to analyze all values at once)

Spoiler Spoiler

General Weapon spreadsheet:
BF4_Weapons_enhanced_UPDATED_2016
Soldier Equipment:
BF4_Gadget_Damage
Interactive Damage Table
bf4_dmg_at_range - Google Sheets
Unsuppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Charts
bf4_sniper_guide
Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Charts
Suppressed bf4_sniper_guide
More user friendly Unsuppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart
Friendlier Sniper rifle Bullet Drop Chart
More user friendly Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart
Friendlier Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart

Date of registration
: Oct 8th 2015

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, June 7th 2016, 4:03am

I run medium everything except for Mesh quality, which I have set to ultra. I have a 60hz monitor and my computer isn't the strongest, so I get around 80 FPS with those settings, but it honestly satisfies me. I want the game to look at least kinda nice while still running well, which is why I run at medium.