Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "NZdude" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 13th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, May 30th 2016, 7:57am

PS4 45hz tick rate issues.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has issues playing 45hz servers on the PS4. My friend and I enjoy going into TDM servers and playing Double Vision style, but the lag makes it nearly unplayable. I have situations where I put a full mag into someone, and it takes half a second or longer for the damage to register. I run through a door, only to lag THROUGH the wall, back to the other side, that sort of thing.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, May 30th 2016, 8:00am

that looks like packet loss to me, lag in this game doesn't work like that, not on pc at least, dunno about ps4.

it could also just be that the servers you're going on actually can't handle 45hz and force it, giving really bad performance as a result.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

• "NZdude" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 13th 2016

Battlelog:

Monday, May 30th 2016, 8:05am

that looks like packet loss to me, lag in this game doesn't work like that, not on pc at least, dunno about ps4.

it could also just be that the servers you're going on actually can't handle 45hz and force it, giving really bad performance as a result.

That was my thought too. Increased tick rate is a great idea, but I'm thinking the PS4 servers can't handle it. Weird thing is that if there are 3-4 people per team in TDM it's fine, and full games of Rush tend to be ok, but 5 or more people per team in a TDM server ruins it.

Date of registration
: Mar 16th 2016

Battlelog:

Sunday, June 5th 2016, 7:40pm

I also experience considerable packet loss on 45hz servers at times. East US servers typically it stems from Russian or Japanese players jumping region. West US (I'm in Texas so I can swing to either region) servers sometimes just have a mind of their own; literally I could get a better connection and smoother gameplay in an Australian server than a West US TDM with 4-6 US players some days.

Rush seems to do alright unless you get more than about 25 people on a more condensed map like Metro or Pearl Market. Then again, any 64 player Pearl Market server is borderline unplayable for me a lot of times due to the worst continuous lag I've ever got on BF4 without losing connection mid-game. Absolutely ruins my favorite CQL map most days.

Something I've observed over the past several weeks is SQDM games, for some unknown reason, will consistently run smoother for me than TDM. Regardless of map choice, current players/connections, and other general factors like M320/RPG spammers I will almost always have less issues playing SQDM. Maybe it has to do with the more spread out spawns versus larger collective group spawn points in TDM, but I wouldn't blame the often more spread out action of SQDM as I'm known to sometimes switch my server over to 24/7 Lost Islands SQDM and when that fills up it takes crazy to a new level.

One recurring factor I've also noticed is maps with minimal or no structural destruction potential also tend to have less issues. Lost Islands SQDM can run buttery smooth most times as it has virtually nothing for players to destroy minus two glass windowsN a handful of boom barrels, and the occasional fire extinguisher. Propaganda can get messy quick if you have more than a couple guys going demolition crew on those buildings (Goldmud does as well if they start getting really explosive-happy but even then it still seems to run smoother in SQDM despite the notably larger map).

I just wish more people on PS4 played SQDM. Sadly though, all the moron players joining US servers ever seem to want to play for 45hz is the same old vanilla TDM playlist, couldn't pay them to even play TDM on the DLC maps they just released for free. If you play US HC on PS4, you're pretty much stuck playing either conquest or vanilla TDM for reasons I can't begin to fathom. It's like they just have zero desire to bother experiencing anything besides the same handful of bland TDM maps, most of them won't even join a SQDM on the same vanilla maps either. Coming from PS3 where we had the eccentric mixed mode servers like PRPL and MFG that were full sometimes 12-24+ hours straight, it completely baffles me that on PS4 you literally could not get 10 people in a game of CTF even after they gave the maps away for free recently!
"We had defeated one disease after the next. Modern medicine had given us health and hope. A man's existence was no longer confined solely to his work, not that of women to childbearing. Science promised to deliver us heaven on earth, and we were happy to believe that. We had begun to live and our children were going to have it even better, this is something we were sure of.
............until the summer of 1914."
Are you ready for the trenches?