Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2015

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Sunday, May 1st 2016, 4:41am

Returning to the idea of support being able to heal, what if they had a "Support Bag" which gives both ammunition and health, albeit at a slower rate than the dedicated ammo bags and med bags. I believe that it would have to be affected by suppression as the large med bag is. Just an idea, it could be an interesting alternative to just running an ammo bag and C4 as the majority of support players I see do. Other ideas welcome,

Arth

As someone else said, healing capabilities are the only thing saving the Assault from the Support's fate.

Date of registration
: Jan 27th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, May 1st 2016, 8:49am

Returning to the idea of support being able to heal, what if they had a "Support Bag" which gives both ammunition and health, albeit at a slower rate than the dedicated ammo bags and med bags. I believe that it would have to be affected by suppression as the large med bag is. Just an idea, it could be an interesting alternative to just running an ammo bag and C4 as the majority of support players I see do. Other ideas welcome,

Arth

As someone else said, healing capabilities are the only thing saving the Assault from the Support's fate.
If the LMGs were inferior like in BF3 they could give medkits to the support class. Result would be assault would have an advantage in a general 1v1 firefight, while support would need to support by healing the assault player and other players (and themself).

• "Jais" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Sunday, May 1st 2016, 10:15am

On a related note, the reason there's such an overabundance of engineers running around on vehicle maps is because they are simply too viable.

When a carbine is a perfectly adequate anti-infantry weapon there's no need for backup from the other classes. If engineers were tied to PDWs or shotguns like in the days of old, there would actually be a choice to make regarding whether to focus on killing vehicles or infantry.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,156)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, May 1st 2016, 10:17am

No.

You don't bring Engineers for Carbines. You bring Engineers for Repair Tools.

Gimping anti-infantry capability is meaningless since their primary anti-infantry tool is a tank cannon.

And gimping anti-infantry ability only pushes them to use the tank cannon even more.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Sunday, May 1st 2016, 12:01pm

On a related note, the reason there's such an overabundance of engineers running around on vehicle maps is because they are simply too viable.

When a carbine is a perfectly adequate anti-infantry weapon there's no need for backup from the other classes. If engineers were tied to PDWs or shotguns like in the days of old, there would actually be a choice to make regarding whether to focus on killing vehicles or infantry.

No, I dont think engineers are too viable, the reason why there are so many engineers on vehicle maps is because of vehicles that dont need repairing in the first place, but need countering with launchers.

That the class comes with lethal PDW's and carbines that are perfectly anti-inf also helps, but is not the main reason why people choose engineer.
RIP Sraw

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Sunday, May 1st 2016, 12:03pm

That wouldn't change competitive team compositions. Teams would still be mostly engineers on vehicle maps because rep tools and rockets, the only difference would be that infantry combat would be slower (and even less relevant) because infantry combat would mostly consist of guys with bad weapons going at other guys with bad weapons. Vehicles would become even more dominant since more players than before would be needed to babysit the engineers who in turn babysit the vehicles.

Public games would be a bit different since people are less concerned with min-maxing there. Assault would probably be even more popular since they would be ably to pad their KD even further by farming defenseless engineers. The end result would likely be more vehicle dominance than we already have because engineers would have a harder time staying alive and doing their job and fewer people would play engineers since they don't like being stuck with gimped weaponry.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Date of registration
: Jan 21st 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Sunday, May 1st 2016, 6:18pm

Arth

If the LMGs were inferior like in BF3 they could give medkits to the support class. Result would be assault would have an advantage in a general 1v1 firefight, while support would need to support by healing the assault player and other players (and themself).

Yes, something along those lines might work. However, assault would still not suffer from "the Support's fate" because of defibrillators. The majority of assault players do run defibs for a good portion of their time spent as assault. They are good points, extremely beneficial to the team and they would have to stay as assault only if supports were give the "Support Bag".
I have been told I am good at BF4. My stats do not exactly reflect this.
I know this. Laptop gaming is not for the faint of heart, nor for the
stat whores.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,156)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, May 2nd 2016, 1:15am

What if there was no medkit?
Data Browser

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Jan 21st 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, May 2nd 2016, 2:51am

I don't think that not giving the assault class medkits would work. If you don't give the primary anti-infantry class the ability to have a higher chance of winning a particular engagement through healing, then that wouldn't be quite right. Now, since it's pretty much confirmed that there won't be any more changes coming to BF4. I would propose for the next Battlefield game to split assay and medic. Assault could have the ability to run with the M320 or equivalent gadget and the small medkit, whereas the medic could run with defibs and the big medkit.
I have been told I am good at BF4. My stats do not exactly reflect this.
I know this. Laptop gaming is not for the faint of heart, nor for the
stat whores.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,156)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, May 2nd 2016, 4:47am

The primary anti-infantry class already has a versatile default primary and the ability to run two offensive gadgets if it so desired.

No medkit at all would mean all classes would be forced to manage their health through retreating and relying on autoregen.

The game would be less about stacking on top of medkits and more about evaluating whether to fall back or push.
Data Browser

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.