Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Wednesday, May 11th 2016, 11:00pm

AEK angled brick meta died about a year ago.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

• "NZdude" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 13th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, May 17th 2016, 7:30am

It's not very fun when you join in a server trying to use low DPS weapons, only get outdamaged because the majority of players use nothing but top tier assault rifles every round.

Maybe you should try staying further away from the AEK/ACE 23 /M416 users.

That way you might actually start to outdamage the "top-tier" rifles with your so-called "low DPS" rifles.
The AEK outdamages any weapon that fires slower than 700 rpm at all ranges, provided that they are on the standard 24.5 max damage model. Slap a muzzle break and angled foregrip on there, and if you know how to burst fire and control recoil you can very easily kill someone using a lower RPM weapon at medium ranges. Of course you can engage at long range, but at that point both players would be ineffective. Yeah, you might be able to kill someone with an RPK-12 at 100m away, where it truly has an advantage over the AEK, but then again you're shooting at someone from 100m away - chances are that the time to kill high that if you actually do manage to kill them before they slip behind cover you'll have wasted more bullets than you would want plus give yourself ample time for snipers and DMRs to get you, since they are designed for long range engagements. In other words, the distances in which the AEK has a clear disadvantage over low dps weapons are distances you shouldn't be engaging at anyways.

It's even easier for the ACE 23 and M416. Sure, they might not outdamage a slow firing LMG at further ranges, but their versatility and base accuracy makes them a cut above the rest. PDWs only have an advantage at close range and don't benefit from the assault rifle stats that the AEK is blessed with to allow them to compete at further ranges; conversely, most LMGs aren't suited for close range. ACE 23 and M416 simply does everything well, which is why they're so popular.

I'm not saying you can't do well with guns like the PP-2000 or the RPK-12. They do have their place, but the fact of the matter is that you can't deny the clear advantages that the top tier assault rifles have over the rest of the gun bench. They are the most popular guns on the battlefield for a reason.

I suggest that you take a look at this video. It will address all of your Levelcap-induced misconceptions.

Honestly, I have watched Marble Duck's videos, and was subbed for a time, but I unsubbed because, while he may have loads of good points, he is a total arsehat, and ends up being not fun to watch because of that.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,156)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, May 17th 2016, 7:44am

tfw you quoted THE marbleduck
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, May 17th 2016, 7:46am

tfw you quoted THE marbleduck

Oh. At least I'm honest?

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, May 17th 2016, 8:09am

@NZdude

well you gotta be an asshole if you want to fend off 50000* idiots who want to try and take down your channel due to idiocy(COFFlvlcapfanboysCOFF)

he's a nice guy, just cold as ice when talking about the the virtual world.

anyway no matter what you think of him, pretty much anything he says on his channel is a 1:1 repeat of what has been once written and proved on the symthic forums, so you can trust his words, even though you may not trust his ethical opinions(but that's really a personal thing).

*=actually it was more like, 3000, but hey, overdramatization pays off when trying to get a point across in the fastest way possible.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "iota-09" (May 17th 2016, 8:15am)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, May 17th 2016, 8:16am

@NZdude

well you gotta be an asshole if you want to fend off 50000 idiots who want to try and take down your channel due to idiocy(COFFlvlcapfanboysCOFF)

anyway no matter what you think of him, pretty much anything he says on his channel is a 1:1 repeat of what has been once written and proved on the symthic forums, so you can trust his words, even though you may not trust his ethical opinions(but that's really a personal thing).

I don't mind that he doesn't like Levelcap, or the majority of other popular BF youtubers, I just find that the passive-aggressive way he talks about them puts me off. Like I said, he has a load of great points, and maybe some of the stuff he says is more accurate than what more popular youtubers say, but I find that the personality of the person is part of what helps me decide whether I enjoy their content or not. Call me a Levelcap fanboy if you want though :P

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, May 17th 2016, 8:23am

@NZdude

well you gotta be an asshole if you want to fend off 50000 idiots who want to try and take down your channel due to idiocy(COFFlvlcapfanboysCOFF)

I don't mind that he doesn't like Levelcap, or the majority of other popular BF youtubers, I just find that the passive-aggressive way he talks about them puts me off. Like I said, he has a load of great points, and maybe some of the stuff he says is more accurate than what more popular youtubers say, but I find that the personality of the person is part of what helps me decide whether I enjoy their content or not. Call me a Levelcap fanboy if you want though :P

nah i totally get what you mean, it's why for example guys like node and matimi0 are some of my favorite youtubers, and yet i watch marbleduck's and other people i respect videos only when they touch a topic that i care about(not that i don't like him as a persone, we played a couple times together, and it definitely was fun, but to put in perspective, i like my brother, and never watched even on of his youtube videos, so try to understand).
youtube is mainly for entertainment, so t's understandable if you don't like him for his personality, as long as you understand what he's talking about and don't hat eon him for no reason like almost all of his haters.

anyway this was quite ot, was there even an actual argument/topic worth enough to post in here in the first place?
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, May 17th 2016, 8:28am

@NZdude

nah i totally get what you mean, it's why for example guys like node and matimi0 are some of my favorite youtubers, and yet i watch marbleduck's and other people i respect videos only when they touch a topic that i care about(not that i don't like him as a persone, we played a couple times together, and it definitely was fun, but to put in perspective, i like my brother, and never watched even on of his youtube videos, so try to understand).
youtube is mainly for entertainment, so t's understandable if you don't like him for his personality, as long as you understand what he's talking about and don't hat eon him for no reason like almost all of his haters.

anyway this was quite ot, was there even an actual argument/topic worth enough to post in here in the first place?

Yeah, I see what you mean. I have read a lot of the hate comments on his vids, and I do agree that most of them are plain dumb.