Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Rambler13" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 27th 2016

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, January 27th 2016, 7:08am

Damage from Missile hits on vehicles

I've been noticing that I have been taking damage while inside the heavy jeep if it takes a direct strike to the side. Was this a new effect added in the last patch or have I just never noticed this before? The other night I shot a heavy jeep with a SMAW got a vehicle damage and a kill, the other passenger survived and returned fire with the machine gun.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,928)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 17

Wednesday, January 27th 2016, 10:31am

As far as I know it has always been there. Soldier's body is always there if there is any way to see it (or maybe it is "visible" inside tanks as well?) and it takes damage as soldier would normally do. Explosions just are bit wonky and it's up to oracles inside game engine to decide if you die to a explosion.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • InterimAegis - Weapon comparisons/scoring.
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • pmax - Statistical analysis of BF4 players/games.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,090)

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Wednesday, January 27th 2016, 12:06pm

The effect you are speaking of is known as "total bollocks" and randomly effects soldiers inside light vehicles. The worst offenders are guided missiles such as javelins and LAWs which deal seemingly random damage to the occupants of light vehicles. As the only player in all of BF4 to take proper advantage of Jeeps and MRAPS, I am particularly bothered by this particular brand of nonsense. Hopefully DICE will eventually fix this.

Krolman

Cannot into Rankine

(501)

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, January 27th 2016, 7:27pm

Hey if I can defib a tank and throw a incinedeary to kill some one I don't see why not explosions can damage you.

Sent from my HTC Desire 601 using Tapatalk
Apparently we do have a facebook... You should go ahead and like it

Oh look and a twitter... Yeah follow us there too pls

If only people would talk back it wouldn't be so lonely.[In B4 I get overwhelmed]

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." - Euripides, Bacchae

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."- Harlan Ellison

Things that I support

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

intel best ethernet controllers

ammo regen pls

TL;DR: all vehicles in BF4 are screwed up in some way or another.

I know I shouldn't be surprised that something like that even exists but.... 8|

You're just a spreadsheet baddie.