Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Sao

(680)

• "Sao" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 5th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Sunday, February 5th 2012, 2:32am

[OLD] PKP review by Sao

The PKP "Pecheneg” is a Russian machine gun chambered for the 7.62 x 54 mm round. It is a modernised PK machine gun. The PKP is said to be more accurate than all its predecessors due to a heavier, non-removable forced air cooling barrel with radial cooling ribs and a handle which eliminates the haze effect from hot gases and keeps the barrel cooler, making the weapon more reliable. The PKP is currently in use by Russian Army Spetsnaz and other troops in small numbers.
The Pecheneg LMG can be considered as a modification of the PKM machine gun, but it is built for only one tactical role; that is, as a true squad-level light machine gun for mobile infantry and Spetsnaz troops. The manufacturer reports a firing rate of 600 rounds per minute in continuous sustained fire without any danger to the barrel.

My load out depends whether I am rushing or defending.

‘Up and at Them’ set up.
-KOBRA RDS, Foregrip, Extended/Silencer

‘Camping Pro’ perk
-EoTech, Bipod, Extended (Golden tent optional)

Secondary Recommended
I personally prefer the M3-9R but it is each your own choice, as your LMG can fill all roles.

The PKP is best used for seriously locking down an area, think long alleyways and doorways (Damavand Peak tunnel). The main tactic with any LMG is suppression, you are not there to provide tons of kills, you are there to keep the enemy crapping themselves while Mr Assault can finish them off.

However when going on the offense with the PKP you have to have some seriously good CQC reaction times, otherwise most weapons will munch you. The advantage with the PKP is the damage and recoil. Both of which are rather high. But before you question how high recoil is good, let me explain. The base close range damage of the PKP is 34, combine that with high recoil, your 2nd bullet will normally be fired when you are pointing at the opponents head. Equalling in a 2 hit kill, which at 600rpm, is 0.2s of shooting. Not a bad TTK for a 600rpm gun.

However at long range, short controlled bursts (with the foregrip or deployed bipod) will decimate snipers and campers alike. It only requires 5 rounds to put a target down at any range (Unless you are hitting legs, then its 6). Plus with 200 rounds, you can maintain that long range suppression for circa 2 minutes before reloading while bursting. However with the bipod you can do some serious damage up too 400 m with this weapon, as no scope sway on the Holo will mean your short bursts are horrendously accurate.

Tactics with this weapon are critical. You need to know when to change your game mode. Many times I have seen support gunners camping a spot where the enemy is no longer entering. This is when you need to redeploy, as you are now a useless body. The advantage of the PKP is even at close range you can get a fair few kills (trust me when I get 5 headshots in a row, watch the reporting commence) and get to the frontlines to suppress the enemy and supply your allies with much needed munitions.

Overall I find the PKP to be the most effective LMG, with a great balance of range, damage, recoil and speed. Plus when camo’d up in all black, you feel like a Spetsnaz Commando on Speed.

My 24 stars should meet the requirement for this lovely weapon. And I have also tried out all of the other support weapons and find this to be the most effective.

My Video

I used to be an asker like you, then I took a search bar to the knee....

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Autosynthesis" (Sep 22nd 2012, 2:45am)

Mickey

I can't control my signature

(707)

Date of registration
: May 14th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Thursday, September 20th 2012, 7:33pm

you totally forgot to mention the the pkp is NAMED AFTER THE PECHENEGS... A GROUP OF PEOPLE, THEREFORE THE PKP IS THE COOLEST GUN IN THE GAME.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pechenegs

MY CURRENT ORIGIN/BLOG NAME: Murrican-Mickey

I say what I want to say and I do what I want to do.
There is no in between.
People will either love you for it or hate you for it.
-Eminem
Inspired by Mickey

LOL Riesig

Riesig seems like the type of person that would jack off in public and think nothing of it.
He does. And people join him anyways.
What, NO!

And then later:

Fapping and lifting 5 gallons of water is dumb.

Also, because i'm skinny asian.

/QQ

My worst fear is not being able to make any more threads.

Date of registration
: Apr 27th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, September 20th 2012, 8:02pm

Yo Sao, for me there's one problem. Here you're not describing the PKP; you're describing the belt-fed LMGs. I think it would be much more informative and sensible if you slightly based the review on comparing the statistics of the PKP with the M60 and M240B.
Symthic?

Failure117

cheap kitchen leeds

(76)

Date of registration
: Jun 27th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Thursday, September 20th 2012, 11:05pm

Hipfire for daaaays.
GT: F4ilure 117.
Unholy Leader of the Order of q.

Sao

(680)

• "Sao" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Monday, September 24th 2012, 6:35pm

MAN THIS IS OLD!!!!!!

And that was back in the day of the PKP having 34 damage and silly low spread, plus the PKP glitch which I never new about!

My Video

I used to be an asker like you, then I took a search bar to the knee....