Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jul 20th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Tuesday, July 30th 2013, 6:46pm

The m60 truly is one disgusting piece of work. It's so good, that for a long time I played with the chat box off...there's only so many hackusations and racial/homophobic insults a guy can take. In the right hands, with the right tactic, this gun is beautiful.

I switched to it after being fed up of getting killed seemingly 99% of the time by the m16a3/red-dot/twitch brigade. Using this weapon at close range will pretty much get you killed, unless you're already all set up with the pig-on-a-pod. However, by moving back from the front lines, one can cause mayhem with it. The bipod is the best friend of this weapon.

I use the m60 with acog/bipod/ext mags, and try to stay at least 40m away from the baddies. That way, one has the advantage over the red-dot-kobra-twitchers, and it gives the gun a chance to excel. I started off with the us holo, but gradually worked my way up to the acog...when I realised just how good this gun is at range. It is fantastic for not just harassing dirty schneipen-nooben-campens, but eradicating them from the map, and then tying them down to focussing on yours truly for the rest of the round. Lots of enemy distracted away from the main action, looking for revenge kills? Great, carry on lads. I even get the twitchers to ditch their AR's in favour of sniper rifles, which must royally piss them off. Still, that's far better than having them twitch killing all the assaults on my team.

Anyway, back to ranged kills. This gun has nigh on always been responsible for my longest headshot. First, it snared some spawnen-schneipen-campens on a metro spawn trap, for 140m (then 150m the next day, same scenario). Just aim for their stupid shiny scopes. Next up, for 189m, it took out a fellow clan-mate, who was mincing around on golfball tower in damavand rush, nailed him from the attacker spawn. And the longest, 220m on kharg island rush, defending. I saw a swimmer, poor bugger. I suspect it's good value far beyond that range too, but I rarely play the big maps...I hate heli's/jets. Once the range becomes over 100m, I find the m60 picks up head shots on full auto, more often than not. Must be how the bullet cone works at that range.

My favourite "big boy" machine gun. All the rest are for punks.

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

• "ViperFTW" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Tuesday, July 30th 2013, 7:24pm

@Clint_Easywood

Hmm, interesting. Very interesting. Even though I frequently use the bipod as a method of extending my range its never really entered my head to use it with an ACOG considering how annoyingly close a lot of the maps are...But so long as you desperately try not to run into anyone up close I don't see that working out too badly :)
I've never really gone above a Holo on most guns since they tend to magnify the recoil, the M60 being no exception, I usually smack a bipod and extended mags on it and just use the iron sights for giggles/to check engagement distance, suits my fairly aggressive "Why are we not sitting on a fucking point right now?" playstyle as I can dip and dive at close range to avoid getting beaten up to badly before throwing down a bipod to fill anything that comes near my point full of holes :D

And the M60's recoil isn't completely no-existent, its just enough to kick it up into headshot territory I've found :)

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!

• "Rags" has been banned

Date of registration
: May 31st 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Tuesday, July 30th 2013, 7:36pm

There's this sort of three way split of similar weapons among the LMG's between the PKP, M240B, and the M60.

To be honest, if you can use one well then it's really not that much of a hop, skip, and a jump from another one. It basically seems to come down to preference. I almost always bipod up when I can between them so I like the M240B best among them, but tapping and bursting with the M60 can certainly be used well enough.

The PKP to me, though...just "seems" to be the best for me when carrying around. Stats aside, I could never shake that fact from my mind. I know the numbers tell me that the M60 has the best accuracy of the bunch...but I dunno. In practice there's just something that makes me wonder.
HOLY SHIT MAN. HOLY SHIT.
Boom. Respect.
@Toshiro46
No offense. But this guy just... WOW.
HE REGISTRED NOT EVEN 30 MINUTES AGO AND I ALREADY WANNA MARRY HIM! :love:
When I joined in february or something, it didn't feel so oversensitive, tightass, and over serious.

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, July 30th 2013, 7:40pm

The PKP to me, though...just "seems" to be the best for me when carrying around. Stats aside, I could never shake that fact from my mind. I know the numbers tell me that the M60 has the best accuracy of the bunch...but I dunno. In practice there's just something that makes me wonder.

Nout wrong with that, if a gun feels right when you use it then that's half the battle :)
No point using the superiour weapon when it just doesn't feel good to your playstyle or preferences. Main reason why I don't use the M16A3...Besides not wanting to look like a twat :P

• "Rags" has been banned

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, July 30th 2013, 7:47pm

Main reason why I don't use the M16A3...Besides not wanting to look like a twat :P
Boom. Respect.
@Toshiro46
When I joined in february or something, it didn't feel so oversensitive, tightass, and over serious.

Maveco

You can't stop the Smooze!

(610)

Date of registration
: Mar 16th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Tuesday, July 30th 2013, 7:51pm

You should choose between the M60E4 and M240B, the PKP isn't very balanced when it combines the highest h-recoil from the M240B with a closer-to-the-M60's fire-rate...

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, July 30th 2013, 7:56pm

You should choose between the M60E4 and M240B, the PKP isn't very balanced when it combines the highest h-recoil from the M240B with a closer-to-the-M60's fire-rate...

Not much point if he doesn't like the feel of either. I can get behind him somewhat I suppose, I used to use the PKP a lot before it was fixed and actually given recoil in one of the earliest patches and after that I couldn't use it so I frantically looked around for a new gun...Then I unlocked the Boar :)

Maveco

You can't stop the Smooze!

(610)

Date of registration
: Mar 16th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Tuesday, July 30th 2013, 8:09pm

Not much point if he doesn't like the feel of either. I can get behind him somewhat I suppose, I used to use the PKP a lot before it was fixed and actually given recoil in one of the earliest patches and after that I couldn't use it so I frantically looked around for a new gun...Then I unlocked the Boar :)

Apart from the shorter reload the PKP is very similar to the M240B recoil wise (it has the same h-rec with 0.05 less v-rec and 0.2 less fsm), with 100 bullits per belt and considering fast 2-rounds bursting the v-recoil eventually will reach it's max and it will perform the same horizontally as the M240B while with slightly lesser "optimal bursting" performance (balance between bursting the fastest as possible while letting spread reset) and less projectile velocity

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, July 30th 2013, 8:15pm

Apart from the shorter reload the PKP is very similar to the M240B recoil wise (it has the same h-rec with 0.05 less v-rec and 0.2 less fsm), with 100 bullits per belt and considering fast 2-rounds bursting the v-recoil eventually will reach it's max and it will perform the same horizontally as the M240B while with slightly lesser "optimal bursting" performance (balance between bursting the fastest as possible while letting spread reset) and less projectile velocity

Dunno why you're starting this again, pretty sure a whole thread like it went by a while back :P
M240B may shoot faster but I don't find it nearly as controllable as the M60 (Or the PKP for that matter), plus you'll not watch your ammo disappear into the fucking ether with the Boar or PKP like you will with the MAG. Good bloody thing that gun has a faster reload, it fucking needs it :D

• "Rags" has been banned

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, July 30th 2013, 8:19pm

It's nice to be able to talk about the manly man LMG's without bboy coming in talking about the Type 88.

I'm glad he's a good sport about it, though. If I ever take over the world, I'll give him Vermont or something.
Boom. Respect.
@Toshiro46