Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, September 15th 2013, 6:31pm

Nope, it's .10 all positions, ADS or Hip. Charts aren't right. Unless, of course, I'm looking at the wrong version of the gamefiles which would be the kind of stupid boneheaded thing I do once a week.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

R

tits pls

(2,621)

Date of registration
: Sep 16th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, September 17th 2013, 2:11am

If were talking about UMP vs M5K, we might as well add the VAL in there
TTK wise:
AS Val VS UMP45. Very similar from 0-22M then VAL rapes UMP TTK wise past 25M
as val: green UMP: orange

AS val VS M5K
AS Val is outgunned from 0-35M (not including headshots). From 35M, the AS Val starts to outgun the M5k, plus, the val benefits from the 3 round burst headshot at any range
AS val: Green M5k: Orange

Accuracy wise:
LOL VAL

Ease of Use: M5K then UMP then AS Val
M5K spray and pray around corners with a lazer sight, magdump like youre levelcap
UMP: You have to make the shots count, but you can still get away with some spraying and general disregard for accuracy
AS Val: Hard to use when not used to. Has a lot more recoil then M5K and UMP, but it is very manageable. You must learn the microburst ways in order to be effective. 2 round burst past 30M is the key. Although, since 0.0 spread, euro hipfire is super amazing using the as val, much better than M5k with lazer or UMP with lazer

All in all, if you want to be "decent" from 0-35 ish meters, use either M5K or UMP (20m for UMP), if you want to be decent from 0-35m (excluding headshots) but absolutely amazing from 35-666m, then use the AS Val

This post by "The World Champion" (Friday, September 20th 2013, 6:07am) has been deleted by user "Blue Panda" (Friday, September 20th 2013, 3:49pm)

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Friday, September 20th 2013, 6:41am

TTK

People really need to stop using that.

Yeah, in the grand scheme of things the differences in TTK weapon to weapon are more than overshadowed by reaction time and player skill. It's just a way of justifying A over B if all other criteria are equal or null and void.
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

R

tits pls

(2,621)

Date of registration
: Sep 16th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, September 20th 2013, 7:53am

TTK

Yeah, in the grand scheme of things the differences in TTK weapon to weapon are more than overshadowed by reaction time and player skill. It's just a way of justifying A over B if all other criteria are equal or null and void.

This isn't true. First off, if your gun takes almost 200ms more time to kill than mine, it doesn't matter if youre 100 times better than me, youre always gonna lose. Same goes with reaction time: yeah, you might be able to get on target and shoot a couple of shots before I can shoot back, but my gun kills a fuckload faster so I'm going to win. Simple as that. TTK is an essential part of the game that actually is greatly enhanced by player skill and reaction time, not the opposite

• "LeSalaud" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Friday, September 20th 2013, 8:40am

TTK

This isn't true. First off, if your gun takes almost 200ms more time to kill than mine, it doesn't matter if youre 100 times better than me, youre always gonna lose. Same goes with reaction time: yeah, you might be able to get on target and shoot a couple of shots before I can shoot back, but my gun kills a fuckload faster so I'm going to win. Simple as that. TTK is an essential part of the game that actually is greatly enhanced by player skill and reaction time, not the opposite

200 ms is only 1/5 of a second, if someone was that much better than you it's safe to assume they'd kill you before you can even react. Honestly it's completely wrong to think that you could reliably kill someone that vastly outskill you just because your gun shoots faster.

Also TTK doesn't mean anything without taking into account the accuracy of the weapon since it assumes every bullets hits.

hunturk

Owner Of The World's Most Powerful Neck

(1,652)

Date of registration
: Aug 4th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Saturday, September 21st 2013, 4:34pm

TTK

That's exaggerating it a bit. 100 times better? They would win. Lets take me and you for example. You're a lot better than me at infi gameplay, if we went 1v1 and I had an AEK and you had say....an AK-74M, I think I might still win that gunfight even though you're a lot better than me. But if I came up against one of the very best infi players on PC then I think they would probably still win that gunfight, even though their weapon kills a lot slower than mine.
Personally, i don't take a stance on whether or not there is a creating entity because i'm humble enough to realize, in my fucking insignificance, the concept escapes my comprehension with a lead of 9001 light years.
RIP SRAW

Wadayoutalkenabeet

Oscar and Moe <3

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Tuesday, September 24th 2013, 7:26pm

Well, as was said skill has a lot more to do with it. TTK is a valid performance stat, but it only comes into play on hypothetical scenarios.

For example, two players of equal skill and accuracy potential fire on each other at exactly the same time while out in the open. One has an AK and the other an AEK. AEK wins.

You add in accuracy deviation, hit reg, timing, recoil control, and other factors and TTK starts meaning less and less.

How I take it is if you are just as accurate with an AEK as with an AK, take the AEK because its more lethal due to higher ROF/DPS and thus lower TTK.
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

Date of registration
: Jun 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, September 24th 2013, 8:09pm

I have seen many arguments about TTK and that "you can't argue with stats". Most people that go based on pure weapon stats are missing alot of data on how they use the weapon (accuracy, effect ranges per map, headshot rates, playing solo vs in teams, etc). The best objective measurement I have found is a "bullets to kill" based your actual in game performance.

If you want to try it out, you need Firefox plus the Greasemonkey addon. Then you install the Greasemonkey script here:
BF3 Suspicious Player Script for Greasemonkey

This will add hits to kill and bullets to kill on your bf3stats.com page. You can then sort your weapons by bullets to kill, with the lower number being better. This stat averages your damage and accuracy.

If you want to get even fancier you could copy the bullets to kill to a spreadsheet and calculate the time it would take to fire that many bullets at the RPM of the weapon. This effectively gets your personal TTK times for all the weapons you use and objectively shows what the best weapons for you are.

When I did this my top 5 personal most effective weapon were:
1. M5K
2. SPAS-12 Slug
3. M1014 Buck
4. AN94
5. M26 Mass

How about the M16A3? Ranked 14th for me, even though pure weapon statistics should put it much higher.
The fact that someone has an opinion, doesn't make their opinion a fact. Making just arguments first requires an acknowledgement of intellectual humility, while valid arguments require you to not commit fallacies of logic and rhetoric.

• "tinynerdude" has been banned

Date of registration
: Jul 2nd 2013

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, September 24th 2013, 8:33pm

Somehow the UMP-45 fells so much more precise then it is in the stats. M5K has so much spread and recoil that this chart is too misleading. UMP-45 uniformity beats the M5K in versatility.
UMP is better for skilled players, and maintains tight hipfire for a longer period.

There are both however very easy to use.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "tinynerdude" (Sep 24th 2013, 8:41pm)