Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "auzcar" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 27th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, February 27th 2012, 11:30am

Weapon of choice for competitive play after the patch?

Hi guys! We all know that at the moment the majority of players playing competitively are running with M16A3 with foregrip and suppressor, the question is if this will remain the same after the patch. Personally I think that the M16A3 will still dominate but I don't think people will use the foregrip + suppressor-combo as much, probably heavy barrel and flash suppressor will get a lot more mileage for most players.

Another option I see is that the AS VAL will be the new weapon of choice for competitive play since it will become a very good gun after the patch and has it's strengths at close-mid distance where most competitive matches take place. Another plus is that you can use it with all classes which is good for becoming used to the weapon and also for being able to play a bit different playstyles with the non-assault-classes which might suit comps better. Yet another plus is that it's suppressed by default and won't be affected by the nerf on the ordinary suppressor (this might be the thing that makes me change since I really don't like to show up at the minimap). Is the VAL accurate enough though? Could it really become the new M16? I must say that I'm a bit skeptical but only time will tell!

I was hoping to hear your opinions in this matter and you think will be the loadout of choice for competitive play!

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Battlelog:

Monday, February 27th 2012, 11:33am

Re: Weapon of choice for competitive playafter the patch?

The L85A2.

Although its slow firing, if your facing your opponent I feel that lag plays a bigger impact then rpm.
How the hell did I get a sniper as my top weapon?

Monday, February 27th 2012, 11:42am

Re: Weapon of choice for competitive play after the patch?

Unless the handling of certain firearms are tweaked beyond recognition (I'm guessing shotguns), my preference will be the same as pre-patch: whatever mood I'm and depending on the combat/map situation.
14:19 KingSix: when you are peeing too much Haemoglobin, THAT's a serious issue
14:20 KingSix: ..
14:20 ToTheSun: chat killed

Date of registration
: Feb 24th 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, February 27th 2012, 1:09pm

before the patch: M4A1, suppressor, foregrip
M1911 suppressed

after the patch: M4A1, suppressor, bipod (or empty slot)
M1911 suppressed

Date of registration
: Jan 16th 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, February 27th 2012, 1:26pm

Assault:
G3A3:I've been using this weapon for a while, and love this weapon. After this patch, it'll be better. Its accuracy is incomparable among assault rifles.

KH-2002:This weapon is already a BEAST before the patch. After this patch the jamming problem will be fixed, and it will become more reliable.

M16A3/A4: M16A3..no need to explain.I will try M16A4 to test whether less h-recoil really gives a better handling and accuracy.

L85A2: It will have a darn good accuracy after this patch, and this can compensate its low RPM. Time to face SQDM....

Engineer:
M4A1/M4:same as M16A4, I'll try whether M4 is worth using.

SG553::moderate average and first shot recoil.

AKS-74u::Low first shot recoil, good when firing in short burst.

SCAR-H:For longer range shooting.

Support:
M60E4:Best handling among larger caliber LMG

RPK/M27:For more aggressive style. Now RPK will be more accurate in short burst.

Recon:
SKS: With this damage buff, I think it will become a weapon of choice for aggressive recon.
M98B,L96: Already very great before the patch.

I personally don't use shotgun and PDW quite often, so I don't have much opinion on them.
Si vis pacem, para bellum---If you want peace, prepare for war.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, February 27th 2012, 1:38pm

I play mainly assault so:
Long range -> AK-74m +HB +Grip or underail shotgunn
the Ak gets a huge buff in my opinion, tap fire will be more accurate than an-94's

Mid range-> M16A3 +same
HB will reduce the spread enough, so the grip nerf wont be significant

Close-> -:s- need help, maybe AEK grip+HB or FAMAS Grip+Supp

Best all-> 870MCS + Slug
100 dmg until 15m, upper chest *1.25 -> until 20-25m OHK
40 dmg min at 50m -> until ~38m Head OHK

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, February 27th 2012, 1:58pm

Quoted

Best all-> 870MCS + Slug

The M26 MASS frag and slug will get the more effetive pump action version...........
so the best Assault ( without Medikit)

AK-74m+3.4 pka +HB +underail (M26 slug)

Date of registration
: Dec 5th 2011

Battlelog:

Monday, February 27th 2012, 2:00pm

idk if some of you guys understand what he wants to know: he talks about competetive play (where 90% play assault). not your random pub weapons, cause there it doesnt matter which one you take, since ppl are just bad there.

atm there are only AEK and m16 in use. mostly with silencer and foregrip.

imo the silencer will have to go, because the penalties are getting pretty big and good players/teams know where he is getting shot from anyway and/or hang together in team speak.

weapons in use i can imagine m16a3/4 (we will have to see whats the difference gonna be), kh2002 (burst bug fixed), an-94 (burst improved, bug fixed) and maybe AS VAL (extended mags, decreased first shot multi to 0.5 down from 2 !!)

hard to tell if foregrip is gonna be used. i would say no on m16, maybe on an-94, but yes on kh2002 (though it only has 25% reduction down to 0.3/0.3)

heavy barrel i guess only on kh2002 in combination with foregrip since the weapon already has a low vertical recoil.

otherwise just put a laser or flash hider on the gun, since they basically have no disadvantages. If you dont use a foregrip, idk if its cooler to get a bipod or keep underslung for the m320 guys. Bipod can be sometimes usefull when defending a spot and i can definitely see a use for that on assault rifles.

Date of registration
: Feb 24th 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, February 27th 2012, 4:45pm

Quoted from ""Lucius2""

otherwise just put a laser or flash hider on the gun, since they basically have no disadvantages.

they do.
laser gives away your position.
flash suppressor will incur a hip spread penalty after patch.

Date of registration
: Dec 9th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, February 27th 2012, 5:07pm

Quoted from ""krizzlybaer""

Quoted

Best all-> 870MCS + Slug

The M26 MASS frag and slug will get the more effetive pump action version...........
so the best Assault ( without Medikit)

AK-74m+3.4 pka +HB +underail (M26 slug)

IIRC the M26 slug is pretty inaccurate.