Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Bitework" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 12th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Thursday, November 22nd 2012, 10:32am

Ideal Sidearms to pair with AS VAL?

Heyo, I just recently made the VAL my #1 gun again and I was just wondering what other AS VAL
Enthusiasts use as their side-arm.

I currently use the Raffica because when I exhaust the vals mag and switch to the raffica im usually in a cqb
And the raffica is like an extension of the VAL.
I'm curious to see if I can get as much effectiveness out of the 1911 or .44.
"Blood is the price of victory"
- Karl von Clausewitz

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."
- Erwin Rommel

PSN: Suodeth_

Cheapnub

Unregistered

Thursday, November 22nd 2012, 11:19am

I would recommend the mp412 rex. It has the highest DPS of all pistols, which is great to compensate for the val's high TTK up close

A g18 is a viable option as well, if you want your pistol to act like an extension of your main weapon (the val)

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,948)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, November 22nd 2012, 11:58am

If you're going to use your sidearm for CQB, where the VAL might not be the best choice, you should take a MP412 REX or the 93R.

If you can use the VAL fine in CQB (referring to "extreme" CQB here) go for your handgun of choice, any is OK as I assume it'll be used for finishing targets more than anything else.

If you equip the VAL as Assault you can also take the choice of a M26 variant, which serves perfcetly as CQB protection.

I currently use the 1911, but it's because I'm aiming for the mastery, I'd usually take a MP443 as you have a lot of rounds to finish people off, and if you're good enough to take another guy or two. And because MP443 is my favourite hanfgun :3
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, November 22nd 2012, 12:04pm

Going by the lastest assignment batch, DICE thinks you should use the silenced mp443 with the VAL :D
bob

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, November 22nd 2012, 12:24pm

I should clarify, I only switch to my sidearm when I empty the VAL's mag, and that usually only happens when I am in a cqb situation with 2+ enemies, in that instance if Im not killed by the time I draw my 93r I can utilize its RoF and damage in cqb as a 'mini val'.

I only use the 93r with VAL on support, Recon uses VAL and .44 but I rarely play recon, and I always run rex on engi regardless of whether or not I also use VAL(its great for detonating mines)

On a related note, what sights do you all prefer on the AS VAL? I normally run kobra but I recently found myself using the EOtech holo to great effect after I got over how dumb it looks on AK style rifles.

Thanks for the replies!
- Karl von Clausewitz

- Erwin Rommel

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,948)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, November 22nd 2012, 12:29pm

Well it's expected you switch to your sidearm when your primary runs empty, specially when it's a 900 RPM weapon like the VAL.

So, if you can handle the VAL @ CQB just fine, go with what works with you. 93R is a good choice for sheer pwness, but unless you're running Support ammo may end being scarce. And anyway you still have that lightning fast reload of the VAL, which may end being better if you can pop to cover for 2 seconds.

If you have set weapons for each class stick to those, as they'll probably work better than guns you aren't accustomed to.

So as said before, 93R/REX.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

timminatorr

Dutch masterrace

(490)

Date of registration
: Mar 24th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Thursday, November 22nd 2012, 12:32pm

93r or silenced G18, depends if you want to be stealthy or not. Magnum and rex are great when you use them a lot. But not as finishers. The vall reloads really fast so you wont need a mp443 for longer ranges.

altered

altered his username

(728)

Date of registration
: Feb 22nd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, November 22nd 2012, 12:46pm

IMO the Val is a rather versatile gun that doesnt need a sidearm to "compensate" for a weakness, like a bolt action rifle for example. That basically means choose whatever sidearm works best for you because you will mostly need it in CQ situations when you run out of ammo and reloading is no option. 93R or REX (or maybe .44 if you hate the REX ironsights like i do) would definitely be a good choice. A silenced sidearm would also fit well if you are using the Val beacause you want to play sneaky.
I am part of that power which would the evil ever do and ever does the good.

Are you a Symthican and a PC BF3 player?

A catfish has appeared!

Help represent Symthic on the battlefield.
Join Team Symthic!

"If it revolves around DICE physics...i will find a way to abuse it in some ridiculous manor, that you can count on" - elementofprgress

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, November 22nd 2012, 6:08pm

I agree totally, the sidearm makes up for my own shortcomings when it comes to accuracy and trigger discipline in the heat of a firefight
- Karl von Clausewitz

- Erwin Rommel

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Thursday, November 22nd 2012, 6:23pm

Despite being a massive fan of the idiom 'Go loud or go home' when it comes to guns I must say being a sneaky bastard is quite fun at times :D

The obvious choice it to compliment sneaky with more sneaky so I'll usually any of the suppressed handguns, my favourites seem to be the 1911 Suppressed and the G17 Suppressed (Gun may suck but that laser does make it a hipfire monster). That said I usually end up pulling the old Handcannon out again if the sneaky bastard sidearms fail me :P

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!