Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

TruxCaper

Railgun Engineer

(264)

Date of registration
: Feb 9th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, June 20th 2012, 12:02pm

I personally find myself to pick up the AN-94 or even the SCAR-L over this gun for mid to long range enagements simply because the recoil on this gun makes killing long range targets too ineffective and slow. And don't tell me that I should shoot single bullets because shooting 5 shots single bullets at long range is completely ineffective when AN-94 only requires 3 shots (bursts). 25 min damage, 4-shot kill at range with G3A3 isn't too much to ask is it?

It's not the recoil IMO, it's the damage. If you try firing even short bursts at ranges where you need five shots to kill (68+ m, assuming that you're using a heavy barrel) you won't hit anything and you will waste what little ammo you have, so you really have to fire single shots past a fairly short range. It's not a problem when shooting stationary targets, but the moment they start moving around it turns into an absolute nightmare. Now I don't even bother shooting far away moving targets anymore, I just spot them and wait for them to stop for that split second I need to shoot them in the head or for someone else to kill them.

What is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven from your flags, and read their lamentations in the chatbox. Lasagne are pretty awesome, too.

Words of Wisdom

Grand Bazaar [ASTHMA] TruxCaper

They added scope glint to remind snipers that they're enormous ass bandits every time someone beans them in the skull with a 320.

Most women in the army are built like tiger tanks
In that east German "Kiss me, or I crush you!" way

Date of registration
: Feb 24th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, June 20th 2012, 3:32pm

It's not the recoil IMO, it's the damage. If you try firing even short bursts at ranges where you need five shots to kill (68+ m, assuming that you're using a heavy barrel) you won't hit anything and you will waste what little ammo you have, so you really have to fire single shots past a fairly short range. It's not a problem when shooting stationary targets, but the moment they start moving around it turns into an absolute nightmare. Now I don't even bother shooting far away moving targets anymore, I just spot them and wait for them to stop for that split second I need to shoot them in the head or for someone else to kill them.

Perhaps I didn't explain well enough but what I meant when I said the recoil is too high, is that when compared to guns like the SCAR-L where you can just shoot bursts without compensating much and have the bullets land in a tight grouping on or very close to the target. Obviously with the G3A3, you cannot do this and it would simply be OP if you could, so definitely the heavy vertical recoil should remain. The point I was trying to make is that instead of tapping the trigger 5 times for an effective kill, you should be able to potential kill with 4 shots non-HS at range. So yeah, the damage should be upped slightly to 25 min damage.

I agree that shooting moving targets at range is nigh impossibility, especially given the low ammo count. But even stationary targets is a bit difficult compared guns like the AN, where you could potentially drop them with 3 clicks of the mouse (4 if you miss a shot). With the G3, you need to be pinpoint accurate and have all 5 land and hit which you will most likely miss a shot. By that time, more often than not, if the opponent is any good he will get back into cover. Of course, headshot is a different ball game altogether, but it's still 2 clicks to the head with AN and 3 clicks to the head with the G3A3.

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(708)

Date of registration
: May 14th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Sunday, June 24th 2012, 12:45pm

Been using the G3A3 a bit over the past few days, now got 625 kills with and I was surprised to see I'm now in the top 6% despite not having used it that much. It's actually reasonably controllable in full auto at mid range, not to bad close up so long as you ADS either. Strangely I find it weaker at mid - long range than other assault rifles where you could go full auto and I get killed with it a fair bit tapping semi auto shots against someone who just hits me full auto. Also the irons on it are some of the best in the game, they don't sway around much whilst you move and they're nice and open. And possibly my favourite thing about this weapon is it's sound, there's nothing like dropping 3 guys stood next to each other while this thing goes "duht duht duht duht duht."

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
AMD R9 280x MSI Twin Frozr OC'ed to 1150MHz Core. 1700MHz Memory.
8GB Crucial RAM 1600MHz CL9-9-9-24 1T.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
MSI 990 series motherboard
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.

TruxCaper

Railgun Engineer

(264)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, June 24th 2012, 7:34pm

Been using the G3A3 a bit over the past few days, now got 625 kills with and I was surprised to see I'm now in the top 6% despite not having used it that much. It's actually reasonably controllable in full auto at mid range, not to bad close up so long as you ADS either. Strangely I find it weaker at mid - long range than other assault rifles where you could go full auto and I get killed with it a fair bit tapping semi auto shots against someone who just hits me full auto. Also the irons on it are some of the best in the game, they don't sway around much whilst you move and they're nice and open. And possibly my favourite thing about this weapon is it's sound, there's nothing like dropping 3 guys stood next to each other while this thing goes "duht duht duht duht duht."

You're right, the G3's iron sights are really outstanding, however I generally prefer equipping an ACOG on it to help with long range headshots. And the G3 is arguably the manliest weapon in the game, only the M60 and the .44 could hope to challenge its badassitude. It's so manly that your in-game model will grow a moustache while using it. :D
I agree with your observation though, it gets shortchanged at mid-long range since you can spray just fine with most weapons at that range, while with the G3 you must fire in 2-round bursts at most, if you hope to hit anything. Even if I'm getting more confident with bursting at medium range as I get more experienced with it, I still feel at a disadvantage when engaging at 50-80m.

What is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven from your flags, and read their lamentations in the chatbox. Lasagne are pretty awesome, too.

Words of Wisdom

They added scope glint to remind snipers that they're enormous ass bandits every time someone beans them in the skull with a 320.

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, June 24th 2012, 9:13pm

It's not too bad. I've found you can burst it longer than you think, but not by much though and not when they're behind cover. I've also grown to like its hipfire, but that may be because I have a tendency to aim slightly downward when hipfiring and the G3's spread basically turns it into CS:Source's AK where you aim at the feet and get a headshot if you go full auto.

TruxCaper

Railgun Engineer

(264)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, June 24th 2012, 9:24pm

Meh, except for some strokes of luck I never managed to actually kill someone when hipfiring the G3, it just has too much spread to be hipfired on the move in CQB, and the 20 rounds in the magazine will go fast if you spray & pray. I generally prefer switching to the pistol or the MASS when I have to fight at close range.

Words of Wisdom

Date of registration
: Dec 28th 2011

Battlelog:

Sunday, June 24th 2012, 9:38pm

Still amazes me when i hear people saying things like bursting with the G3 at mid-long ranges. There is no bursting with the G3.
It's full auto at close ranges, and single mid to long period.
Real life wise, When I had a real G3 it wasn't something you wanted to go full auto on anything period, plus it was just a waste of expensive ammo. Single shot is your friend real life or game wise period.

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, June 24th 2012, 10:30pm

I never full auto the g3 in any circumstance. I just spam single shots. I lose some rpm, but i get minimum spread for every bullet.

Date of registration
: Jan 18th 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, June 25th 2012, 11:37pm

Wait, when was the G3 nerfed? I thought it was buffed in one of the patches? Didn't it use to do 25 - 18.4 like all the other ARs?
It also used to have perfect accuracy while moving with the heavy barrel, making it one of the best for run and gun, and one of the patches changed that so it effectively is now one of the worst guns for run and gun. The patch also made the gun WAY less accurate with the heavy barrel. It used to be as accurate as any of the bolt guns with the heavy barrel, and now it is as inaccurate as the M16A4. I used to use it as my Assault sniper rifle.

Now it is my Assault LMG. Without the bipod deployed, I find it useless, but with the bipod on it is a monster. It is still my favorite assault rifle, but it is a wildly different beast than it used to be and I use it in the opposite type of situations than I used to.

Every time a patch comes out, it seems like half of the guns reverse roles for me since DICE cannot make up their mind about what guns are supposed to be useful for which situations.
#1 With the .44 Scoped on PC. (July 2013)

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Splat-O-Flat" (Jun 25th 2012, 11:43pm)

TruxCaper

Railgun Engineer

(264)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, June 25th 2012, 11:47pm

Wait, when was the G3 nerfed? I thought it was buffed in one of the patches? Didn't it use to do 25 - 18.4 like all the other ARs?
It also used to have perfect accuracy while moving with the heavy barrel, making it one of the best for run and gun, and one of the patches changed that so it effectively is now one of the worst guns for run and gun. The patch also made the gun WAY less accurate with the heavy barrel. It used to be as accurate as any of the bolt guns with the heavy barrel, and now it is as inaccurate as the M16A4. I used to use it as my Assault sniper rifle.

Now it is my Assault LMG. Without the bipod deployed, I find it useless, but with the bipod on it is a monster.

It's still very good as a DMR. You can't fire it on the move with pinpoint accuracy anymore, but as long as you stand still it's pretty damn accurate. At the ranges where you want to use it (150-200 m tops) having 0.025 spread instead of 0.0 is not that important. Its only flaw is the low damage at range (for a DMR), good luck trying to get 5 hits on a moving target at that distance.

Words of Wisdom