Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "FEEDxMExMOAR" started this thread

Date of registration
: May 2nd 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, May 2nd 2012, 1:43am

AN-94 Lovers Look Here!

Sup guys,

I have stalked Symthic's Charts/Forums for a while but have never registered. So this post serves as my little intro but most importantly I have a topic about my favorite gun and beloved gun, AN-94.

(TLDR Below) So i've been using it for a while and normally just use HBAR/3.4x, lately I have been using it with Foregrip. I know generally that is frowned upon because you want the 2 bullets to hit right on top of each other, of course. But i have noticed with the Foregrip, the horizontal recoil predictability is extremely enticing especially in CQC, meaning the gun just shoots straight up with almost no deviation to the left/right (which without it jumps a lot more). What do you guys think, is the predictable but less accurate HBAR+Foregrip= -25% Spread worth it, or pure accuracy of the HBAR= -75% ADS Spread with more side to side kick? Also, I can still easily pick off anyone from far ranges but will have 1-2 bullets deviate from target w/ HBAR+FG. I also, burst pretty quick, somewhere around 800-1100rpm (quick fingers... :whistling: ) in CQC and obviously having a straight upward recoil is favorable. I know Recoil is controllable, Spread is not. As far as mechanics go, I have most weapon stats/spreads/ttk charts/accuracy/ numbers memorized like the back of my hand, but I really want to know what other AN-94 (1k+ kills) users believe or have tried.

TLDR: Just trying to see what other experienced AN-94 users believe is the most efficient way to maximize the AN-94. Especially, HBAR+FG (predictable recoil, less/ok accuracy) vs. HBAR (Almost pure accuracy, horizontal recoil makes gun jump a lot more) in CQC.

Random: I'm Writing a "The Guide to Accurate Assault Weapons in BF3" hit me up if you are interested and want to help test/make video/write.

Sorry for long write..Thanks, hoping to hear feedback!
-Mike

^ My [Gun Lover's] Sig (Type It In): 945k+ Hits! // Still Fixing KDR... // Current KDR Avg: 2.5~3.0
EDM Music Producer, Process @ Signing With Utra Records, Hit Me Up If You Want To Collab!
YT Channel (Under Construction, Add Me!)

:|
360 Leaderboards:
- Noob @ AN-94 // My Best: 1036 RPM
- 1%-4% Multiple Categories
- Defibrillator Kills: 1

Xbox: FEEDxMExMOAR
PC: Soon.

<('-'<) ^('-')^ (>'-')>

Date of registration
: Jan 19th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, May 2nd 2012, 4:12am

While I agree that the foregrip makes standing shooting a bit more consistent, I do not feel that the reduction in moving spread is worth it. The way I play with the AN94 consists mostly of moving while ADS'd for all but the longest of shots. The spread penalty reduces the range that I can be effective in while moving, so I instead choose to run only the heavy barrel.

Date of registration
: Apr 27th 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, May 2nd 2012, 4:36am

While I agree that the foregrip makes standing shooting a bit more consistent, I do not feel that the reduction in moving spread is worth it. The way I play with the AN94 consists mostly of moving while ADS'd for all but the longest of shots. The spread penalty reduces the range that I can be effective in while moving, so I instead choose to run only the heavy barrel.
I agree. I've tried the FG in different situations and it's not worth it; especially if your play style consists of running and gunning. If your thinking about staying stationary, take a look at the bipod instead. ^^

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

Date of registration
: Dec 12th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Wednesday, May 2nd 2012, 4:45am

Weapons that your using to be pin point accurate. Forget the FG. As for the Hbar. If is not the spread reduction that counts the most. It is the range increase. When your trying to land pin point shots you want all the damage you can get. The less you can kill with the less time the target has to find cover.

The two ranged weapons in my mind in the class are the AN as you stated and the G3A3. Have a look at there power over range with the Hbar. The real question becomes why use anything else?

As for the use of the FG. Put it on an AEK and add a flash supresser. That is the close range power in the class now. For everything else there is the M16.

• "FEEDxMExMOAR" started this thread

Date of registration
: May 2nd 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Wednesday, May 2nd 2012, 7:11am

roger. Thanks for the feedback, I've had the same thought process as you guys, but haven't found anyone knowledgeable/experienced with the AN94 to get some solid info. Appreciated! And yea, I'd take Accuracy>Saturation any day. And the charts w/ HBAR are great especially for the G3a3. On a sidenote, The M16a4 is really underrated/unused too..it needs some loving considering that its the most accurate AR in game stat wise. Incredibly low spread, fast reload, low recoil. But that annoying vertical climb pattern makes it hard to kill anything but people that are standing up.

^ My [Gun Lover's] Sig (Type It In): 945k+ Hits! // Still Fixing KDR... // Current KDR Avg: 2.5~3.0
EDM Music Producer, Process @ Signing With Utra Records, Hit Me Up If You Want To Collab!
YT Channel (Under Construction, Add Me!)

:|
360 Leaderboards:
- Noob @ AN-94 // My Best: 1036 RPM
- 1%-4% Multiple Categories
- Defibrillator Kills: 1

Xbox: FEEDxMExMOAR
PC: Soon.

<('-'<) ^('-')^ (>'-')>

Date of registration
: Apr 30th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Wednesday, May 2nd 2012, 2:28pm

You should always adapt to the situation in front of you. Foregrip/Hbar isn't a bad combo because in full auto, the FG will help while the HBar will help in burst mode.

One thing with this gun, I feel like one of the few people who uses this gun more in full auto than in burst mode. Burst is only for long range or running targets.

Serial Service Star Collector
Getting close to 62 mastered weapons.
Weapons with at least 1 SS: 74

Also play PC.

Date of registration
: Apr 11th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Wednesday, May 2nd 2012, 3:35pm

the AEK is better at everything than the AN whatever it is called

Date of registration
: Dec 9th 2011

Battlelog:

Wednesday, May 2nd 2012, 4:48pm

I've never had any problem with horizontal recoil with this gun. The only time I'm spamming it fast enough to have recoil matter is when the target is close enough that if the muzzle drifts a little to the left or right it will still hit him in the chest. Heavy barrel + bipod + PK-A 3.4x ftw. I don't deploy the bipod a lot but it's nice to have.

I never use full auto, in full auto it's like an AK-74M that shoots even slower, you can easily deal damage quicker in burst mode.

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Battlelog:

Wednesday, May 2nd 2012, 6:18pm

bipod, heavy barrel, and acog is the best. Ive gotten 900 something kills since the patch and i have to say it works well everywhere. For some reason suppression doesnt work well on it so you can fight back. (might be the 2 bullet burst)

Spamming it up close due to the 1200 RoF. Out snipe snipers by suppressing them then finishing them. Conserves ammo, dominates at mid to long range. Getting 250 meter headshots on snipers. The gun is replacing all my other ones for top spot.

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, May 2nd 2012, 6:53pm

Kind of unrelated but annoying the hell out of me. Does anyone else still experience the burst weapon "jam" issue?
This problem was supposed to be resolved in the latest patch, but I still get it with every burst firing weapon, including of course the AN-94. I fire a few shots and then the weapon just kind of gets stuck