Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Feb 10th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Sunday, March 25th 2012, 6:10pm

Re: Generic weapons thread

Quoted from ""fredofthedead""

Quoted from ""Autosynthesis""

Use the MP7's silencer mate, it makes it one of the quietest weapons in the game! It's fantastic for stealth flanking on Kharg 64.

I'm trying to get service star 5 for it and i'm using M134/laser/extended mags on it (I mostly play hardcore mode)
I'm not being too successful with it so I need attachment ideas for it

Just forget the extended mags there, you don't need them and in all honesty they aren't as good as people think. If you want a large magazine PDW, use the P90 because it has a larger mag and can also run a silencer alongside that. Silencers are almost essential to any PDW, so by foregoing it on the MP7 to get the large magazine you are acctually putitng yourself at a disadvantage. Yes, the MP7's firing characteristics do provide advantages over the P90 but you really don't want to be losing out on your stealth to get them. In HC you only need 3 rounds to kill with the MP7 so 20 rounds is plenty enough. The MP7 is acctually more competetive in HC than it is in core mode, because in core it's 950 RPM is offset by needing more rounds to kill but in HC both MP7 and 25 damage weapons take 3 hits to kill so the 950 RoF makes it one of the fastest killing weapons in HC (I think). Just use a silencer on it so you can keep hidden and you're set. The laser is a good idea BTW, it negates the silencer's hipfire penalty and in HC especially it provides a visible aim point which will be useful for accurate hipfire. Just learn to press 'T' whenever you spawn! In terms of optics, I also enjoy the M145 on it but TBH the irons are alright too.
Forum Rules

Hey guys, lets all remember here that this is Symthic, and we are all mature enough to debate a topic without becoming emotional or insulting. Ad Hominim attacks only demonstrate that your position is weak and that you've run out of supporting evidence and serve to undermine your own position. I hope no one here drops to that level.

Quotes

[Auto's] voice is like butter on the ears

I am quite positive auto's worst fear is a forum with no threads that need to be locked.

Date of registration
: Feb 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, March 25th 2012, 6:52pm

The mp7 has one of the highest suppression rates in the game so having a huge mag goes a long way for long range engagements. Not to mention taking on two, three infantry at once shouldn't be out of the question

961 kills here, and ext mags + flashlight is my preferred setup

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, March 26th 2012, 11:49pm

Quoted from ""jaedong""

The mp7 has one of the highest suppression rates in the game so having a huge mag goes a long way for long range engagements. Not to mention taking on two, three infantry at once shouldn't be out of the question

961 kills here, and ext mags + flashlight is my preferred setup

That's an good point, but how does it stack up against a P90's suppression? That has 50 rounds but 50 less RPM, so it's going to suppress them for longer, but not as quickly I suppose. Sounds about equal I think, is there some calculation to find out how fast/much a weapon suppresses? I guess 900, 7 and 50 would come into it for the P90 but what do you do with each number? Don't get me wrong MP7 EMag is awesome but I personally feel it kinda infringes on the P90's turf, and the P90 seems to do the job better as I explained in the other post.
Forum Rules

Hey guys, lets all remember here that this is Symthic, and we are all mature enough to debate a topic without becoming emotional or insulting. Ad Hominim attacks only demonstrate that your position is weak and that you've run out of supporting evidence and serve to undermine your own position. I hope no one here drops to that level.

Quotes

I am quite positive auto's worst fear is a forum with no threads that need to be locked.

Sokolovac

Administrator

(332)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Monday, March 26th 2012, 11:52pm

I will make a commentary about my use of the MP-7 Suppressed soon to explain why I prefer that over Ext. Mags.
POI~

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, March 27th 2012, 12:14am

Quoted from ""Sokolovac""

I will make a commentary about my use of the MP-7 Suppressed soon to explain why I prefer that over Ext. Mags.

Sounds like it'll be a good watch. I've been thinking about the whole P90 Supp. vs MP7 EMag. today, it seems the P90 wins out.

MP7 EMag.-
- Less vertical recoil at 0.12 but symetrical 0.45 horizontal, smaller first shot multiplier though.
- 950 RPM, 50 RPM advantage
- Hipfire 'bonus' of no suppressor
- Suppresses enemies faster but for less time
- 0.10 faster reload

P90 Supp.-
- More vertical recoil at 0.162, but less horizontal at 0.4 symetrical.
- Suppressor grants a huge advantage - stealth.
- 50 rounds vs. 40 rounds = Triple sprays ferdayz
- Suppresses enemies for longer, but the suppression doesn't increase as fast

It all seems fairly equal until I just keep comming back to that suppressor - stealth is just too valuble on a PDW...
Forum Rules

Quotes

Date of registration
: Feb 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, April 2nd 2012, 8:16am

"Quick" ADS movement change?

I was using the FAMAS for the first time since the patch and I noticed two interesting things. First the FAMAS has a not so subtle buff: it now gains the "quick" ads movement speed, normally reserved for pistols, shotguns, and PDWs. Second, the "quick" ads movement speed seems faster then it used to be. I don't own a timer or stopwatch, so I can't really be certain, but the KH2002 was my 3rd most used gun, pre patch. It seems faster now.

Could someone confirm this for me, has anybody else noticed this?

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, April 5th 2012, 4:11pm

Re: "Quick" ADS movement change?

Quoted from ""Pliataut_Chula""

I was using the FAMAS for the first time since the patch and I noticed two interesting things. First the FAMAS has a not so subtle buff: it now gains the "quick" ads movement speed, normally reserved for pistols, shotguns, and PDWs. Second, the "quick" ads movement speed seems faster then it used to be. I don't own a timer or stopwatch, so I can't really be certain, but the KH2002 was my 3rd most used gun, pre patch. It seems faster now.

Could someone confirm this for me, has anybody else noticed this?

I tried the FAMAS and it has much more recoil now (PS3) but I saw no change in the KH.
Platform: PS3
PSN: fustyferret148
(call me fusty over the headset)

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Thursday, April 5th 2012, 5:48pm

Specializations in the new patch:

normal/squad

Ammo: +50% / +50% - Unchanged
Explosive: +100% / +100% - Old unknown
Flak: -15% / -15% - Old -10%
Grenade: ??? / ??? - Old unknown - Doesn't make any sense
Sprint: +10% / +10% - Unchanged
Suppression: +50% / +50% - Old +25% / +50%
Cover: -50% / -50% - Old -25% / -33%

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Date of registration
: Mar 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Sunday, April 8th 2012, 12:09am

Quoted from ""Aenonar""

Specializations in the new patch:

normal/squad

Ammo: +50% / +50% - Unchanged
Explosive: +100% / +100% - Old unknown
Flak: -15% / -15% - Old -10%
Grenade: ??? / ??? - Old unknown - Doesn't make any sense
Sprint: +10% / +10% - Unchanged
Suppression: +50% / +50% - Old +25% / +50%
Cover: -50% / -50% - Old -25% / -33%

This post should have it's own thread, it's pretty useful info. Thanks.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Thursday, April 12th 2012, 5:33pm

Apparently only wrote it in the chat...

Quoted from ""Patch Notes""

-Several weapons with low default bullet speed now have their bullet speed increased when the Heavy Barrel is equipped. This is in effect for the A91, G3A3, AKS-74u, G36C, M4A1, SCAR-H, SG553, G53, and QBZ-95B.

A91 - 560
G3A3 - 650
AKS-74u - 590
G36C - 600
M4A1 - 650
SCAR-H - 560
SG553 - 570
G53 - 600
QBZ-95B - 650

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again