Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Jan 31st 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, January 31st 2012, 7:06am

Re: A91 popular?

Quoted from ""dbukalski""

My clan just got owned by another clan. Lots of their engineers were using the A91. Which I dont get, whats the advantage of that weapon? The stats are pretty lackluster compared to the m4s.

Besides that the A91 has that handle, when you attach a scope on it its really tall. Somewhat annoying but I can get over it if it has real redeeming features

Quoted from ""SOkolovac""

Merged

It has more horizontal recoil but less vertical recoil making it slightly easier to control for short bursts but potentially less accurate in full auto. Close combat is where it excels. Faster strafing speed when ADS and tighter hip fire is the main advantages. In BF3 where latency is huge part of the mechanics, the player moving quickly out of cover to fire upon a staionary/ camping/ running in a straight line enemy is always at big advantage because of lagging hit boxes.

Date of registration
: Dec 18th 2011

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 31st 2012, 2:48pm

Re: Generic weapons thread

so you can run faster with the A 91?

Date of registration
: Dec 6th 2011

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 31st 2012, 3:19pm

Quoted from ""dbukalski""

so you can run faster with the A 91?

No. He is referring to movement speed while zoomed in with the weapon. More information in this topic: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://symthic.com/f/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=268&start=14" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=3&t=268&start=14</a><!-- l -->

Date of registration
: Dec 18th 2011

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 31st 2012, 6:45pm

wow, you can move A91 while zoomed almost as fast as running unzoomed

Date of registration
: Jan 4th 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, February 1st 2012, 6:27am

Suppressed Velocities

I know you can find these in the files, but I thought I'd share this anyways so you don't have to look.

Suppressed velocities

ASSUALT
m16a3/a4 380 m/s
f2000 380 m/s
famas 380 m/s
kh2002 380 m/s
l85a2 380 m/s
m416 330 m/s
an94 330 m/s
ak47m 330 m/s
aek971 320 m/s
g3a3 300 m/s

ENGINEER
qbz95b 330 m/s
m4a1 320 m/s
scar-h 320 m/s
sig553 320 m/s
g36c 320 m/s
hk53 320 m/s
aks74u 290 m/s
a91 280 m/s

SUPPORT
type88 380 m/s
qbb95 340 m/s
m27 340 m/s
m240b 330 m/s
m249 330 m/s
rpk74m 330 m/s
pkp 330 m/s
m60 310 m/s
mg36 310 m/s

RECON
sks 380 m/s
m39 320 m/s
m40a5 310 m/s
mk11 310 m/s
m98b 310 m/s
sv98 310 m/s
svd 310 m/s
l96 310 m/s
qbu88 310 m/s

PDW's
ump45 320 m/s
asval 300 m/s
pdwr 280 m/s
p90 280 m/s
pp2000 280 m/s
pp19 280 m/s
mp7 270 m/s

Lennox 203

Slow Learner

(306)

Date of registration
: Dec 11th 2011

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, February 1st 2012, 6:43am

Is the QBZ-95 (carbine one), the only carbine that can use a silencer and a laser? I may have to give it a second look (and get past the FAMASish awful iron sights) because that could be an awesome medium to close range weapon. How bad is the horizontal recoil on it due to the lack of a grip?
"Ain't nothin' soft or sweet, I lift you off your feet
When I cock back the heat, whole crews retreat"

Date of registration
: Jan 27th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Wednesday, February 1st 2012, 8:26am

AN-94 woes

hi guys
I'd really like to get into the AN-94, so before I shelve it completely, perhaps there is some advice in here which might help me use it better and keep it out of retirement?
Here is a prime example of my issue with it.

Last short gaming session:

AN-94 - 68 bullet hits, resulting in 7 kills (4 headshots) - average 9 bullets per kill

and to compare,
L85A2 - 34 bullet hits, resulting in 6 kills (1 headshot) - average 5.6 bullets per kill (about my average with an assault rifle).

From my total stats for the AN-94, granted with only 91 kills now, my total is 7.4 hits to kill, well off the average of the other assault rifles (generally 5.8-6.1 hits per kill). I just can't seem to drop people with this gun. (maybe I could blame my internet speed and world location)

So by my numbers it's a loser for me. I'd like to like this gun, but am about to give up on it. Any handy hints to help me rock out with this a bit better, maybe strategies or accessories to use? Those who think this is the best kept secret in the game.... what's your secret to making it a success? "I'm all ears" as the saying goes here

Today I was playing with Foregrip, Red Dot sight, and heavy barrel.

PS I'm well practiced with semi auto and burst fire, so should be no problem there.
Thank you

Quoted

Merged

Edit: Sorry, didn't think to put it in here. Thanks

Date of registration
: Jan 15th 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, February 1st 2012, 9:04am

Hmm they're both great guns...

It looks like you got the attachments right but, I didn't see any mention of the distance of your enemies or whether you were using a console or PC.

I play on PC and my opinion on the AN94 is that it absolutely dominates at medium to long range. When I got used to the gun, I destroyed people up close as well. Although, the weapon tends to "jam," while spamming fire in burst mode... All you need is 4 bullets to the chest and your enemy is down.

One tip I can give you is:

The gun has a ridiculous amount of recoil even in burst mode when your firing burst after burst, so keep your bursts to a nice and steady synchronized pace (until you notice little to no recoil on your screen).

Also, the AN94 and G3A3 both allow you to fire while on the move for its' first bullet with 100% accuracy (as long as you have the Heavy Barrel attachment). This is the main reason I use these 2 guns, the ability to strafe or move in a direction WHILE firing accurately allow you to trick your enemies and give them a harder time killing you.

I use the RU made RDS instead of the US RDS which is the current one your using at the moment, I say give the Kobra RDS a try and you'll find that it offers much more field of view -x)-

PS: Any other questions about these 2 guns, I'd love to help -:D-

Date of registration
: Dec 9th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, February 1st 2012, 5:27pm

Re: AN-94 woes

Quoted from ""A1pha""

snip

ehh, it's good that you're checking stats i guess, but i don't agree with your measurement of a gun's effectiveness by hits / kills. the number of hits to kill, literally, will be the same for those two guns and most of the other ARs, provided you always engage at equal ranges, get the same number of leg shot multipliers and same number of headshot multipliers. in practice it's affected by a ton of factors that don't really have anything to do with the gun: namely, that you're not always engaging at the same distances, you're not always aiming well enough to avoid leg shots and make more head shots, in fact sometimes you're shooting at a guy that only has a leg exposed or only has his head exposed, not to mention all the times you hit a guy a few times and he escapes or is killed by a teammate, and conversely, times when you shoot a guy once and he dies because he was already at 5 health.

anyway, the other day i started off a conquest match on kharg with a 22 kill streak with that gun. if i can figure out how to transcode from the dxtory codec to h264 i'll put up the video. it's usable at pretty much all ranges, but since more guns can compete with you at short to medium ranges, i suggest you try to abuse its dominance at the 60-150m range and abuse your ability to be accurate while strafing. to that end i choose the 3.4x PK-A, but that's just my preference. hbar is essential and grip is too, i think.

Date of registration
: Jan 27th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Wednesday, February 1st 2012, 7:43pm

Hi guys, thanks for the advice. That gives me quite a bit to work on, especially the strafing. I will also try the Kobra and the 3.4x to see if that improves things for me, and restrict use of the gun for the more open maps with ranged shooting. I do want to be good with it, but it's so easy to fall back on old favourites when you start to tumble down the leaderboard -:'o- Thanks
Sorry didn't mention. I'm on Xbox.