Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Dansup" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, December 14th 2011, 4:14am

Average recoil

Hey guys just thought I'd do up the average recoil for Assault and Engineer guns. This takes into account the left, up, right and first shot recoil amounts, sorted lowest to highest.

Assault:

An-94 0.4
G3A3 0.56
KH2002 0.65
M416 0.67
AK-74 0.7
M16A3 0.78
M16A4 0.78
L85A2 0.85
FAMAS 0.87
AEK-971 1.05
F2000 1.05

Engineer:

AKS-74 0.7
SCAR-H 0.71
G36C 0.82
M4A1 0.86
M4 0.86
SG553 0.9
HK53 0.9
QBZ-95B 0.92
A-91 1.05

Now, because this doesn't take into account fire rates or bullet spreads it's probably not the best way to make an informed decision about which gun to use. I just did it for my own sake really, because I hate recoil. Personally based off this information I think the M416 for assault and G36C for engineer are the best to use. I prefer guns with full auto but the SCAR-H and G3A3 got nerfed, the AN-94 and AKS-74 have too slow fire rates imo. I heard the M416 recoil is getting nerfed though, can anyone tell me if it's true/by how much?

Date of registration
: Dec 6th 2011

Battlelog:

Wednesday, December 14th 2011, 5:42am

Re: Average recoil

Average? How did you come by those numbers?
I mean M16A3/4 has suspiciously high recoil on that list.

• "Dansup" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2011

Battlelog:

Wednesday, December 14th 2011, 6:00am

By adding the left, top, right and first shot then dividing by 4 (the number of recoil amounts). The M16A3/4 have 2.5 first shot recoil compared to 2.0 on the M416. That's why it's higher. First shot recoil is important in my opinion because I'm burst shooting like 80% of the time basically.

Date of registration
: Dec 6th 2011

Battlelog:

Wednesday, December 14th 2011, 6:14am

Ah, I see. That gives the first shot multiplier a rather big role in your calculations. The order you listed those assault weapons would look pretty much the same if put in from lowest to highest based on first shot multiplier alone.

Date of registration
: Dec 13th 2011

Battlelog:

Wednesday, December 14th 2011, 6:51pm

First of all, I think any data analysis of Assault Rifles or Carbines should include the foregrip as default. I would guess that at least 90% of players use the foregrip on these guns. In other words the foregrip is so common that it cant really be considered an attachment, its the norm.

Secondly, although i appreciate the analysis, vertical recoil and horizontal recoil are completely different animals. Vertical recoil is predictable and unidirectional, horizontal recoil is random and bidirectional.
Its impossible to do an objective analysis because subjectivity arises from how you weight the various stats.

Date of registration
: Dec 9th 2011

Battlelog:

Wednesday, December 14th 2011, 7:24pm

Yeah, your algorithm doesn't work.
-Vertical recoil is constant for each shot
-Horizontal recoil varies for each shot
-First shot multiplier isn't even the same unit, how can you average it with the above two?

You're taking averages of numbers that don't make sense. You might as well divide by the rate of fire and then multiply by magazine capacity...

Date of registration
: Dec 1st 2011

Battlelog:

Wednesday, December 14th 2011, 8:00pm

The real average of recoil/spread would, however, be a potentially useful stat. For instance, average upward recoil of the assault rifles is: (.3 + .25 + ... + .2)/11 = .298
With that information you can judge if a given gun has more or less recoil than other weapons in its class. In this case, for instance, the m16a3 has less recoil than average and the F2000 has slightly more.