Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Apr 11th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, April 17th 2012, 6:25pm

Re: UMP-45 advantages?

Quoted from ""Ecasx""

Got a question about PDWs? Just call in Auto! Also, I agree with you that statistically the UMP45 is shit. I have so much fun with it though for some reason.

And cver, I know it does feel very accurate but apparently it is not. It has the same spread as most of the other PDWs and even has a slight disadvantage regarding spread decrease per second.

How do I have a 22.5% accuracy with it??

Only things that are higher for me are the MP7 and AN 94.

Date of registration
: Apr 17th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, April 17th 2012, 7:06pm

if anything, the UMP should have a big damage buff up close with a falloff resembling the post-patch PDW-R. .45 is big, fat and slow. the recoil should be relatively well controlled, the UMP is not a small SMG.

Date of registration
: Feb 10th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Tuesday, April 17th 2012, 7:21pm

Quoted from ""cverghost""

How do I have a 22.5% accuracy with it??

Only things that are higher for me are the MP7 and AN 94.

Individual stats cannot be used to measure a weapon's accuracy especially in a game which rewards suppressive fire. I could get 50% accuracy with an M249 if I only ever shot when I was within 2 metres of an enemy, or I could get 10% with an SVD if I used it to suppress players. Heck, if I had a little more finesse with my trigger finger I would probably have a few % extra accuracy with guns like the MP7 because I often fire 1-2 few many rounds acidentally.
Forum Rules

Hey guys, lets all remember here that this is Symthic, and we are all mature enough to debate a topic without becoming emotional or insulting. Ad Hominim attacks only demonstrate that your position is weak and that you've run out of supporting evidence and serve to undermine your own position. I hope no one here drops to that level.

Quotes

[Auto's] voice is like butter on the ears

I am quite positive auto's worst fear is a forum with no threads that need to be locked.

Date of registration
: Jan 18th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, April 17th 2012, 7:36pm

Quoted from ""Ecasx""

Got a question about PDWs? Just call in Auto! Also, I agree with you that statistically the UMP45 is shit. I have so much fun with it though for some reason.

And cver, I know it does feel very accurate but apparently it is not. It has the same spread as most of the other PDWs and even has a slight disadvantage regarding spread decrease per second.

I think a slow rate of fire makes it easier to aim each shot, compensate for recoil, etc.

Many go for highest ROF for a faster time to kill, but that is only true if your shots are all hitting!
#1 With the .44 Scoped on PC. (July 2013)

Date of registration
: Feb 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, April 17th 2012, 8:29pm

I have 600 kills with the UMP. There were very few reasons to use it over the PP-2000 before, now there are none. The low ROF absolutely does not make it easier to use, considering you're completely screwed if you aren't aiming for headshots 100% of the time

The p90 is a much better suppressed PDW. Hell, compare the UMP to the pp-19, they have same TTK at close range, about the same damage at long range, and both work fine with 3.4x scopes. You'd have to be a masochist to pick the UMP

especially now that they went nerfed it for no reason, damage dropoff from 8-50 to 4-30 while suppressed

If they want to improve it, a good first step would be to remove the suppressor penalty. UMP's muzzle velocity is 285 M/S, already subsonic, and though the extra length of the suppressor might increase that by up to 50m/s or so... subsonic loads simply aren't necessary

Even then it would still be underpowered but it'd be start

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, April 17th 2012, 8:37pm

I think the UMP is pretty good, or at least decent. I have 210 kills with it, and plenty have been from both post-patch and pre-patch.

I find that it's main advantage is accuracy. After the initial recoil it places its shots very tightly and with very little additional recoil. For this reason I use it as a mid-to-close range weapon, and find it to be the most effective PDW for longer ranges. It admittedly is a bit weak at CQC with only 600rpm, but I still find that I can win a decent number of encounters if I aim for the head.

However, now that the PDW-R has higher damage at range, the UMP seems a little lacking. I think it could definitely use a buff in long-range damage.

Compared to the other PDWs, the UMP does seem a little weak. But I still think that it has some good things going for it. While it isn't a weapon that I would consider to be outstandingly good, it's not bad either.I use it with a suppressor, laser, and PK-A.

Date of registration
: Feb 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, April 17th 2012, 8:50pm

Anyone mentioning the recoil as a plus, just try the pp-2000 - it's infinitely easier, with slightly higher ROF to boot

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, April 18th 2012, 3:37am

Quoted from ""scott24z""

I really like the UMP as it has always been OP in every game ever made.

What about 1.6 and CSS? I would say they were UP when compared to the P90, especially UP when compared to the AR.

I'm coming for your tags. You have been warned.
Ranking Score -- Top 1%
Dogtags -- Top 1%
Knife kills -- Top 3%
BF3 Stats

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

Date of registration
: Dec 12th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Wednesday, April 18th 2012, 3:42am

Quoted from ""Ecasx""

the UMP45 is shit.

Fairly apt assessment of the gun me thinks.

Date of registration
: Mar 11th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, March 11th 2015, 8:48pm

UMP-45 is the best weapon out there it's an all purpose PDW.