Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "scott24z" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2011

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, April 17th 2012, 4:02am

UMP-45 advantages?

First off, admins please don't move this thread to quick questions because I feel that not enough people look at it and I won't get my question answered. I also think that it's something that is very relevant.
I have been studying the charts to try to find a reason to use the UMP. I really like the UMP as it has always been OP in every game ever made. I've grown attached to it. Does it have any advantages over other weapons?

It saddens me that the L85 beats the SCAR-L in every way ;(
Oh M240B, the only automatic gun to exceed 1.0 first shot recoil
Going for 100 stars with the AUG, AN-94, SCAR-L, and ACW-R
#1 with the G17C SUPP.

Date of registration
: Feb 20th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Tuesday, April 17th 2012, 4:13am

Re: UMP-45 advantages?

Quoted from ""scott24z""

. I really like the UMP as it has always been OP in every game ever made. I've grown attached to it.

That is probably the exact reason DICE insists on making it blatantly underpowered in BF3. They tried to ease the pain in the latest patch by reducing the spread increase per shot from 0.1 to 0.06, except you only get that benefit in crouch and prone. Who the hell uses a PDW in crouch or prone?? To give it one last kick in the balls, they reduced the min BTK on every other PDW but left the min BTK on the UMP exactly the same as pre-patch.

The thing is still worse than the post-patch PDW-R.
Progression - Digital_Veil_92 - Battlelog
/ Battlefield 4

Quoted from "xNikolai"

If you cant find pictures of it on google it doesnt exist.

Date of registration
: Feb 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, April 17th 2012, 4:18am

Short Answer, my fellow UMP-45 fan, no.

Long answer:

It is completely outclassed in every respect: firing rate, damage, vertical kick, reload, etc.
The only saving grace is its extremely low spread increase when crouching/prone. They say it's good at long range accurate shooting, but that's what the new AS VAL is for with its non-existent recoil on single shot and better damage at range.

Unfortunately it's time to put the ol'UMP to rest.

Date of registration
: Feb 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, April 17th 2012, 5:00am

Quoted from ""tkevin8412""

Short Answer, my fellow UMP-45 fan, no.

The only saving grace is its extremely low spread increase when crouching/prone.

Extremely low? The PP2000, MP7, and P90 all get that same spread increase in any stance, including standing.
Progression - Digital_Veil_92 - Battlelog
/ Battlefield 4

Quoted from "xNikolai"

If you cant find pictures of it on google it doesnt exist.

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, April 17th 2012, 7:34am

In hardcore mode, the UMP is brutal. Pop on a flash or sound suppressor and the recoil is non existant.

It's funny that with the UMP, I can kill snipers 50-100m away and it takes 5 rounds to kill, but I can't do crap with a belt fed MG with forgrip + flash suppressor that takes 3 or 4 rounds to kill.

Ridiculous.....

Date of registration
: Mar 13th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, April 17th 2012, 8:24am

It's the middle of the road PDW. It has a moderate mag size, low rate of fire, low recoil, high accuracy,tied for the second slowest bullet speed in its class with the PP19, a relatively quick reload and access to a Laser Sight and Flash Suppressor at the same time. On top of that, it has a consistent spread regardless of whether you're moving or standing still, but has both the spread increase of the more mobile PDW's like the MP7 and P90 when crouched and the increase of the more defensive ones like the PDR and AS Val while on the move. It is the clearest example of the jack of all trades, master of none.

Is it worth using? Yeah, I can see why people would want to use it. You can put it on every kit to have one consistent weapon that isn't good at everything or nothing. It's also a good PDW to put your bets on if you don't prefer the LMG's or Sniper Rifles but don't fancy the close ranges the P90 or MP7 demands or the defensive nature of the Val and, to an extent, the PDR.

The biggest question is whether you should use it over the PP2000. It has a 650 RPM opposed to the 600 of the UMP, a slightly faster bullet speed (360m/s over the UMP's 320m/s,) and the 0.06 spread increase that the P90 and MP7 have regardless of stance (UMP only has that while crouched, opposed to the 1.0 while standing) but with the same max damage as the UMP. The main trade offs here are the lower minimum damage and magazine size. You have a 20 round magazine until you unlock extended mags at 60 kills which ups the count to 40, which the PP2000 absolutely requires but the UMP will have 25 round mags which is neither high nor low for a PDW.

Really, it's all up to personal preference. If you want to use a PDW because you don't like the weapons a kit offers and need something well rounded, then the UMP is a good choice but there really isn't any ignoring the fact that the PP2000 can already do a lot of what the UMP does and then some when you equip it with an extended mag.

Date of registration
: Apr 11th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, April 17th 2012, 1:20pm

The UMP is my PDW of choice. It has got to be the most accurate one. If you can get two headshots almost every time, it kills faster that most guns in the game. I put up 17 and 0 or 15 and 0 in squad rush games with it consistently.

Sokolovac

Administrator

(332)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Tuesday, April 17th 2012, 1:36pm

I have been using the UMP a lot after the MP-7 was nerfed, I have to say it is an incredible Gun. Its slow fire rate allows me to get into a rythm of killing people and the fact that it is very mobile is a plus too. Its not going to win many straight on firefights but its accurate does a tonne of damage and is controllable? What else could you ask for.
POI~

Date of registration
: Feb 10th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Tuesday, April 17th 2012, 5:21pm

Quoted from ""Scobra""

40, which the PP2000 absolutely requires

WHAT IS THIS BLASPHEMY??!!!! Seriously though I don't understand why you need 40 rounds, I get most of my PP-2000 engagements at close range over with 6-10 or so rounds and at medium range 20 is usually sufficient for a kill. The Silencer is a huge benefit to the PDWs, EMags is nice occasionally but it is certainly not a requirement!

Anyway....

The UMP is a bit underpowered - it's usuable and you will want a suppressor most of the time (it's a stealth weapon after all). It's a 'middle ground' PDW, it doesn't really have much firepower but it has a fast reload and is reasonably controllable (personally I enjoy the 2 round burst). As Scobra mentioned though, it is hard to choose it over the PP-2000. The PP2K has much less vertical recoil and gets the 0.6 spread inc. no matter what pose, and now that the PP and UMP take the same number of shots to kill at medium range (legshots discounted) the UMP's main advantage over it's Russian cousin is gone with the wind. The only real advantages are reload speed, slightly less H Recoil (barely noticable in my experience) and mag size (forgetting EMags, I'm talking stock mag sizes) but with the disadvantage of vastly increased V Recoil, slower RoF and worse spread. It has a place, but for the most part the PP-2000 outclasses it. Of course on linear maps which do not require the use of a silencer the PP is completely superior because it has 40 round mags, but I don't really give a damn about Metro!
Forum Rules

Hey guys, lets all remember here that this is Symthic, and we are all mature enough to debate a topic without becoming emotional or insulting. Ad Hominim attacks only demonstrate that your position is weak and that you've run out of supporting evidence and serve to undermine your own position. I hope no one here drops to that level.

Quotes

[Auto's] voice is like butter on the ears

I am quite positive auto's worst fear is a forum with no threads that need to be locked.

Date of registration
: Feb 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, April 17th 2012, 6:04pm

Got a question about PDWs? Just call in Auto! Also, I agree with you that statistically the UMP45 is shit. I have so much fun with it though for some reason.

And cver, I know it does feel very accurate but apparently it is not. It has the same spread as most of the other PDWs and even has a slight disadvantage regarding spread decrease per second.