Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Symthic

Head Administrator

(1,641)

• "Symthic" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 29th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Tuesday, December 13th 2011, 10:47am

Quick questions & answers

Please ask all those little questions here instead of making a new thread.
All things like, "Is that a typo?", "What does this mean?" or "Battlelog is down, does it work for anyone else?" etc. belong here.

I'm glad to answer any questions but I also want to keep the forum as clutter-free as possible so let's keep em here, mmkay? -:>-
BF3: Objective per minute: World top 1%

Date of registration
: Dec 11th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, December 13th 2011, 11:59am

Re: Quick questions & answers

Are the damage values for B2K carbines wrong?Could you double check?

Date of registration
: Dec 1st 2011

Battlelog:

Tuesday, December 13th 2011, 12:01pm

Nice topic.
I cant understand 1 thing in charts... AN-94 ROF... 600/1200. I tried it several times after new upgrades in full auto mode, but didnt feel 1200 ROF. Is it can be achieved only in burst mode?
Also, can you move B2K weapons in general damage charts? I dont see any reasons why they should be seperated from them.

Symthic

Head Administrator

(1,641)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, December 13th 2011, 12:15pm

Quoted from ""MarineMarauder""

Are the damage values for B2K carbines wrong?Could you double check?

Yeah, as I said, "Chart isn't ready yet, some values might not be correct."
I'm going to include it to the same chart with all other weapons later today and double check all the numbers.

Quoted from ""Rataraxia""

I cant understand 1 thing in charts... AN-94 ROF... 600/1200.

Quoted from ""http://symthic.com/?s=bf3""

ROF - Rate Of Fire. For bolt action snipers and 870MCS there is bolt/pump action time instead. If theres two values for one weapon, later is for burst mode.

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2011

Battlelog:

Tuesday, December 13th 2011, 1:01pm

It appears as though the spread value is measured in degrees. If so, does it represent the radius or the diameter of the "cone of inaccuracy"?

Symthic

Head Administrator

(1,641)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, December 13th 2011, 1:26pm

Radius afaik.
Recoil and spread both use same units same way except recoil just has direction while spread goes to random direction.

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2011

Battlelog:

Tuesday, December 13th 2011, 4:33pm

Quoted from ""Symthic""

Radius afaik.
Recoil and spread both use same units same way except recoil just has direction while spread goes to random direction.

Thank you.

I have a further question about recoil, which might be kind of complicated.

When a player hasn't fired any shots recently, the direction his gun is pointing coincides perfectly with the direction in which he is looking. As he moves the mouse around, his gun's aim point perfectly follows what we'll call the player's "baseline aim point". Once the player starts firing, the effect of recoil will cause the gun's aim point to wander increasingly far from the player's baseline aim point. When the player stops firing, the gun's aim point will eventually recover to the baseline aim point.

The amount of total recoil displacement for any individual shot (even under identical conditions) can vary because the horizontal component of the recoil can vary. Does this mean that the amount of time required to recover from any individual shot varies, or are the horizontal and vertical components of the displacement from the baseline aim point handled separately (or do you even have any idea)?

Date of registration
: Dec 1st 2011

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Tuesday, December 13th 2011, 5:28pm

Good question. I've always handled the recovery as recovering towards the original aimpoint. So a shot that has a high amount of horizontal recoil takes longer to fully recover.

I think this is the correct way to handle it. If the two components recovered at the same rate at the same time, then you would have recoil recovery that would travel on a diagonal until the horizontal component was zero, then straight vertical recovery. But that isn't what we see. The sights pull straight back to the original aimpoint.
Platform: PS3

Date of registration
: Dec 13th 2011

Battlelog:

Tuesday, December 13th 2011, 6:04pm

Quick question - I can't find the PP-19 on your B2K page so I was wondering if you could post some stats here instead..
Infiltrator out.

Date of registration
: Dec 13th 2011

Battlelog:

Tuesday, December 13th 2011, 7:35pm

I might have missed this somewhere in the Legend, what do the red and blue arrows represent. Thanks for making an awesome chart!