Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 23:46. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Apr 2nd 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, April 8th 2012, 6:16am

Re: Big Bad PDW's

I like the PDW-R with the American Holoand the HB. The PDW now becomes formidiable at medium and even long range. The reason i dont run a attachment in the 2nd alot is because the foregrip reduces accurcay at medium to long range and you cant run a bipod on a pdw.

Date of registration
: Feb 20th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Sunday, April 8th 2012, 9:13am

Quoted from ""jaedong""

Personally, I'd just take the mp7 if I wanted a p90 minus suppressor.

So, I used to run a P90 with iron, laser pointer, and silencer. Now that the patch has nerfed both P90's and silencer's range, I was starting to lose a lot of head on fights that I used to be able to win with the P90. I took the suppressor off and have been doing a lot better. I don't yet have extended magazines, but Jaedong's comment has definitely got me thinking. I will probably polish off my service star, and swap to MP7 with extended magazines and laser sight.

I have not been succeeding with the AS-VAL since the patch hit. I was never a huge user of this weapon but it does claim 2% of my kills... I just run Kobra/ Laser here.

I used the PDW-R before I unlocked the P90, but I haven't looked back since. I wasn't aware that it could mount a heavy barrel. Maybe with the damage buff I should consider running Kobra/extended magazines and the laser sight. The 20 round magazine was torture when you were running around in enemy territory. I got killed more than once during a reload.

Date of registration
: Feb 10th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Sunday, April 8th 2012, 10:53am

Quoted from ""Samon""

can you do a quicky on why the pp2000 is decent please dude. can't seem to figure out is role..

It's a fantastic weapon, and offers unrivalled controllability within the group. It's got very low recoil which remains under control thanks to it's reasonably slow RoF so you can go full auto at surprising ranges. However, you'll also find it fantastic when fired in a 2 round burst, this can often work better than full auto past 15-20 metres for obvious reasons. In CQB you need to be MOVING all the time - it has a slow RoF so you need to make sure you are accurate whilst making the opponent as innacurate as possible. This is easy because of the minimal recoil and unrivalled hipfire. Use it like a more conservative MP7; because of it's 12.5 min damage and great controllability you can engage at longer ranges than with it's faster cousins, but you have to be a bit more on your toes in CQB because in order to offset it's slow RoF you need to do work. Also just a heads up - the irons on this weapon are fantastic; I use them over Kobra sights pretty much every time. I don't think I've stuck an optic on it for at least the last 700 kills!

You should be wary about removing the suppressor from this weapon though. 40 rounds is all very well, but you will vary rarely need it and whilst it may be useful for taking out enemies at mid range you are better off engaging him in CQB anyway. Don't get me wrong, it's good fun to use but just because Suppressor got nerfed it doesn't mean you should take it off because it will still save your life more times than you can count! Are you emptying your entire 20 round clip at someone in medium range without a kill? That's the PP-2000 punishing you for misusing her - now stop shooting and start sprinting! EMags has it's advantages, but it can encourage sloppiness in your playstyle and you are sacrificing one of the things that makes PDWs so awesome - stealth. The PP-2000 especially benefits from a Suppressor becaue it is incredibly loud without one. However, you can work this to your favour strangely enough. With a large magazine and loud gunfire, the PP-2000 can sound a bit like an LMG (especially from distance) so you will take them by surprise when you engage them with a CQB optimised weapon when they expected you to have worse ADS spread than their hipfire! I wouldn't rely on it but it's an interesting point. NYRecon also has an interesting point - use the loud gunfire as a 'retard magnet' (KYLE!) and draw them into you're MAV sensors. There are a lot of niche uses for it, but for day-to-day PDW funtime a silencer is where it's at.

Also on NeightDog's point about ARs and Carbines being 'better' than PDWs - not true my friend! 'More versatile' I could agree with, and I would agree that they are less useful with these kits because there are some pretty nice class specific CQB weapons but no AR can match the combination of stealth, awesome hipfire and RoF that the MP7 has, and no AR can hold 50 rounds and tear through entire squads like the P90. Recon and Support are deffinetely the most useful classes to use PDWs on; C4 is a godsend for fast paced guerrilas and recon sensors are invaluble for holding flags/areas. If you can, team up with a buddy and combine Recon and Support to create the ultimate guerilla team.
Forum Rules

Hey guys, lets all remember here that this is Symthic, and we are all mature enough to debate a topic without becoming emotional or insulting. Ad Hominim attacks only demonstrate that your position is weak and that you've run out of supporting evidence and serve to undermine your own position. I hope no one here drops to that level.

Quotes

[Auto's] voice is like butter on the ears

I am quite positive auto's worst fear is a forum with no threads that need to be locked.

Date of registration
: Feb 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, April 8th 2012, 11:41am

i like the mp7 the beste because it has the best time to kill up to 20 meters in the pdw class , and close combat where you want to use pdws is all about who dies first. run extended mags , laser sights and kobra

Date of registration
: Apr 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, April 8th 2012, 12:21pm

P90 is great for maps like Bazar, with lots of people jumbled together. I run Kobra, Supp., and Laser, but now I might switch Supp. for a Flash Supp.. The MP7 is great close quarters, and has great hipfire. I love the PDW-R for longer ranges. I like the UMP-45 but, it seems like the other PDWs do everything better. I used to love the PP-2000, but I haven't used it since the patch. The AS-VAL is even better now, but kinda fails at close range firefights. All in all, the P90, the MP7, and the PP-2000 are my favorites.

Date of registration
: Feb 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, April 8th 2012, 3:26pm

I found no use to a PDW whatsoever. Everything they can do, my M16 does better. Everything apart from hipfire.

I mean, they're meant to excel at close range. Automatically I can say the UMP and the PP2000 are crap, because they have 600-650 rpm - the complete opposite of what you would want for a CQC weapon (which is why I think these weapons should be a 3-shot kill CQC). You might argue that these two weapons are good med-range, but not better than my M16, surely!

So that leaves what I like to call 'High ROF PDWs'. The PP19, P90 and MP7. Apart from the fun factor of the MP7 (for me, personally), I find no use in it. Effective range: closer than 30m in my opinion (not that that's bad, it's a PDW, meant for CQC. I'll come to that in a second). So, for CQC. These weapons take 5shots to kill at 900rpm (950 for MP7). The M16 takes 4 shots to kill at 800rpm. Even at close range, the M16 beats even the MP7, which has 950rpm!

Someone please give me a valid reason to use a PDW in any class other than Recon. For me, this weapon class is for Recon only.

Date of registration
: Feb 10th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Sunday, April 8th 2012, 3:54pm

Quoted from ""Ecasx""

I found no use to a PDW whatsoever. Everything they can do, my M16 does better. Everything apart from hipfire.

I mean, they're meant to excel at close range. Automatically I can say the UMP and the PP2000 are crap, because they have 600-650 rpm - the complete opposite of what you would want for a CQC weapon (which is why I think these weapons should be a 3-shot kill CQC). You might argue that these two weapons are good med-range, but not better than my M16, surely!

So that leaves what I like to call 'High ROF PDWs'. The PP19, P90 and MP7. Apart from the fun factor of the MP7 (for me, personally), I find no use in it. Effective range: closer than 30m in my opinion (not that that's bad, it's a PDW, meant for CQC. I'll come to that in a second). So, for CQC. These weapons take 5shots to kill at 900rpm (950 for MP7). The M16 takes 4 shots to kill at 800rpm. Even at close range, the M16 beats even the MP7, which has 950rpm!

Someone please give me a valid reason to use a PDW in any class other than Recon. For me, this weapon class is for Recon only.

There are many benefits. Laser & Suppressor (or large mag), phenomenal hipfire, low recoil, no spread penalty for ADS moving, fast ADS movement speed, little recoil... There is a few right there.

What you aren't taking into account is Accurate Rate of Fire. Sure, the an AR may fire more bullets/min than a PP-2000 but there are several factors which allow the PDW to win. Because the PDW is moving, he is harder to hit so the AR's accurate RoF is down but the PDW can still maintain accuracy. The PDW can also react faster - in the time it takes for Mr.Assault to aim down his sight the PDW is already hitting with hipfire. The PDW also has less recoil to contend with, wheras the AR has to lower his RoF to keep on target a lot of the time. Of course, the fast ADS movment speed (I know some ARs have it too) also gives an advantage because the PDW can strafe, but he hardly needs to ADS anyway because of the hipfire. The laser also increases the AR's reaction time if the PDW manages to blind the AR.Once the engagement is won, the PDW is in a better positon than the AR would be to. Because the laser negates his silencer's hipfire penalty, the PDW user can react quickly in CQB but also stay alive after the engagement because he is hidden from the minimap. The AR user would either have to completely murder their hipfire accuracy with a suppressor, thus increasing the time it takes them to begin accurate fire or use a laser to give them a faster reaction, only to get shot in the side 5 seconds after the first fight because the enemy now knows exactly where to find him in his low health state.

IMO the M16 is OP though, an AEK be a better comparison because it, like the PDWs, is a close range weapon wheras the M16 is kills anything anytime anyplace.
Forum Rules

Hey guys, lets all remember here that this is Symthic, and we are all mature enough to debate a topic without becoming emotional or insulting. Ad Hominim attacks only demonstrate that your position is weak and that you've run out of supporting evidence and serve to undermine your own position. I hope no one here drops to that level.

Quotes

[Auto's] voice is like butter on the ears

I am quite positive auto's worst fear is a forum with no threads that need to be locked.

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Sunday, April 8th 2012, 4:05pm

I like to use PDWs because they certainly require a different playstyle. I might not have the best stats when using the MP7, but it's lots of fun to run around just hipfiring.

From the PDW class, I prefer the high ROF weapons and had my best experience with the P90 so far. The UMP-45 and the PP-2000 just shoot too slow for my taste.

The PDW-R feels like a weaker assault rifle to me.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed using all of them, with the P90 being my absolute favorite. I don't really consider the AS VAL a PDW, it's more like an assault rifle available for all kits.

Quoted from ""Pliataut_Chula""

I used the PDW-R before I unlocked the P90, but I haven't looked back since. I wasn't aware that it could mount a heavy barrel.

It can't.

Quoted from ""Ecasx""

I like to use them with the support kit as well because especially the high-RPM guns tend to run out of ammo rather quickly. But I agree, I mainly take them when playing recon and I can't really think of a reason to use them with the other kits.

Date of registration
: Feb 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, April 8th 2012, 4:07pm

Laser gives every gun great hipfire since the patch. Suppressor + laser definitely rocks though

I agree with Ecasx, PDWs are Recon weapons first and foremost. If I could pick the f2000, a-91 or even the QBZ-95b on recon I don't think I'd use anything else

Date of registration
: Feb 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, April 8th 2012, 4:21pm

Quoted from ""Autosynthesis""

it's good fun to use but just because Suppressor got nerfed it doesn't mean you should take it off because it will still save your life more times than you can count!

I thought the suppressor only really changed for AR/Carbines/some LMG's?

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://symthic.com/sivut/data/?fi=root/Misc/Suppressor._uupdc_26Feb2012.sym&p=root/Misc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://symthic.com/sivut/data/?fi=root/ ... =root/Misc</a><!-- m -->

If you look at that list the PDW's -near the bottom - all only have their hipfire with suppressor increased slightly (except the PDW-R).

For example:
P90
All Stances

NoZoom
MinAngleMod 1.34 -> 1.5

As opposed to:
AK-74M
All Stances

Zoom
MinAngleMod 0.5 -> 0.75

NoZoom
MinAngleMod 1.34 -> 1.4

I can't really feel a difference with suppressors on PDW's since the patch, as far as I'm aware they still provide the same old 20% accuracy bonus (except the PDW-R of course).