Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "KoffeinFlummi" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 2nd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, April 5th 2012, 9:10pm

Post-Patch Excel worksheet + Attachment data

So, i made this while the Symthic ones weren't updated:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7944223/BF3.xlsx

It's based on the old Symthic charts and the patch changes, so unannounced changes might not be factored in. I don't try to steal the show, but it can be useful to have the data in an Excel chart.
It includes B2K and T2K charts that use the damage values, so they're fully dynamic.

But the important part is this:
http://i.imgur.com/y8t6e.png
(Image too big to show here)

A full chart of the attachment effects on the individual weapons (can also be found in the Excel file).
This one is based on the game files.

EDIT/NOTE:
Updated. Check last post of mine for details.

I wasn't able to get the dropoff end distance change of the silencer on the M98B and the QBU-88, since the calibers don't seem to have a '_Cold' file, which is the one responsible for the silenced shots.
The sniper calibers in general confuse me. There are '_semi' and '_bolt' variants of all the sniper calibers, but they all miss a 'semi_cold' or 'bold_cold' file. Everyone of them except for the M98B and the QBU shares their caliber with other weapon classes, so there are '_cold' files for those, however the values are entirely different from the ones in the sniper files.

So, all the damage/dropoff changes for sniper rifles are more or less guessed.
If you have further info on that, pls let me know.

Also, i'd greatly appreciate some feedback.

Reddit thread: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/sba5s/postpatch_attachment_effects_updated/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/co ... s_updated/</a><!-- m -->" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Date of registration
: Dec 2nd 2011

Battlelog:

Thursday, April 5th 2012, 9:31pm

Re: Post-Patch Excel worksheet + Attachment data

awesome, thank you very much!

Date of registration
: Mar 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Thursday, April 5th 2012, 9:49pm

Damn, the damage drop-off on the silencer is pretty harsh, especially in contrast with the heavy barrel.

Very nice job, thank you.

Edit : I remember reading a post on these forums saying that the damage drop-off with the suppressor starts at 4 meters instead of 8, is this accurate?

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, April 5th 2012, 10:39pm

Drop off suppresed is nuts. they should add at least 30% more . Thanks great work. -8D-

Date of registration
: Feb 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, April 5th 2012, 10:44pm

IMO all dropoffs are nuts. For most guns, 8-50/8-60, and considering how large the maps can be in the game, I think it isn't sensible at all. I think that instead of the dropoff being 8-50/8-60, it should be 8-90 (as standard). Heavy barrel - increase by 50% - 8-135. Suppressor - don't know dropoff cut percentage, but I think this would be appropriate - 8-50.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, April 5th 2012, 11:16pm

Quoted from ""LeSalaud""

I remember reading a post on these forums saying that the damage drop-off with the suppressor starts at 4 meters instead of 8, is this accurate?

I just had a second look at the game files. Turns out, you're right.
I didn't watch out for it because there wasn't anything about it in the patch notes.

I'll have to add another column ...

Date of registration
: Mar 28th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Friday, April 6th 2012, 2:16am

So a quick question, the sheet shows data for the heavy barrel on the clip-loading LMGs, but checking battlelog, it looks like the RPK and MG3 do not even get a Hbar, the M27 has the whole "null/300" thing for the Hbar, but it looks like the QBB is still able to unlock the Hbar (although not sure since i dont really have many kills with the QBB, can someone else confirm?). Also it has values listed for extended mags for the RPK, which dont look like they exist (200 rounds may be a bit OP).

so is this just useless data in the game code that was leftover from something?

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, April 6th 2012, 8:37am

Quoted from ""Komradkickass""

So a quick question, the sheet shows data for the heavy barrel on the clip-loading LMGs, but checking battlelog, it looks like the RPK and MG3 do not even get a Hbar, the M27 has the whole "null/300" thing for the Hbar, but it looks like the QBB is still able to unlock the Hbar (although not sure since i dont really have many kills with the QBB, can someone else confirm?). Also it has values listed for extended mags for the RPK, which dont look like they exist (200 rounds may be a bit OP).

I do have a HBar for the MG36 ingame. I'm not sure about the RPK because i don't have everything unlocked yet.

It seems that Battlelog just fails once again.

Also, the 200 rounds for the RPK are, unfortunately, real. I have no idea how 200 bullets are supposed to fit into that small bananamag, but hey, fuck logic.

Date of registration
: Jan 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, April 6th 2012, 9:49am

Woot, my writeup is obsolete! Excellent format! Now I don't even need to worry about updating mine.

My only nitpick is that you might want to find a way to let everyone know that crouch and prone actually increases the foregrip spread penalty on LMGs. Luckily the values are simple, all LMG foregrips (except the M60's) with less than a 25% penalty become 25% when crouching, and all LMG foregrip spread penalties (again except the M60s) become 50% when prone.

Quoted from ""Komradkickass""

so is this just useless data in the game code that was leftover from something?

My bet was that DICE intended to give heavy barrels to all of the magazine fed LMGs but never got around actually making it work for all of them. I imagine that if they got around to making it work they would have noticed & fixed the ridiculous extended mags for the RPK as well.

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, April 6th 2012, 7:53pm

thanks