Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, March 14th 2012, 4:34am

Re: Some Recon Questions: Use of RDS/Holo-sight and IRNV

I find the PSO-1 (RU 4x) more useful with bolt-actions than any other scope. I hate the clutter but the points are so sharp it's always clear where my bullet will land at medium range. And since I only quickscope in normal, never hardcore... . Personal preference, again.

I had a conversation with an ex-clanmate about this the other day. (Note--he doesn't have Karkand installed on his Xbox, so the meta is a bit different on pre-patch servers.) He'll always run iron sights or an RDS before a Holo. For him, it's just a lot clearer. You can center a red dot more quickly than you can center a red dot surrounded by a circle with red dots protruding from it**. Since it's prepatch, the INRV has insane range, but he doesn't use it because the bars obscure his vision too much.

I have a different philosophy since I have high sensitivity (I think three from the max, not sure, but it's starting to feel sluggish, I might have to up it again). Having higher magnification (still usable in CQB though!) is really important because it's hard to center a dot on a target if a twitch rotates you through 15 degrees at a time. Then the twitch doesn't move too much and at long range, you have to be very exact.

RDS vs. Holo comes down to personal preference, playstyle, and game settings. I currently don't consider the INRV. It's being buffed in the patch, so the INRV might be useful then.

**I don't like the PKA-S, it takes up too much of my peripheral vision when I'm hipfiring. So I use the Eotech. The PKA-S doesn't have those surrounding red dots, so I prefer the vision through it, but I hipfire a lot since I play so much TDM... .
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Date of registration
: Jan 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, March 14th 2012, 2:09pm

Re: Some Recon Questions: Use of RDS/Holo-sight and IRNV

a) you only have 10 shots
Two to kill at close range. Not a good idea to miss too much.

b) your ROF is only 260
TTK is pretty good since... two to kill at close range. That two kill range is further than you'd think.

c) you have less zoom.
You're not using it to snipe, you're using it aggressively as a battle rifle and you don't need the headshot (though it's still desirable) so zoom isn't important. ACOG is an option to extend range a bit, but you sacrifice some speed and vision up close.
Swyck