Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 23:09. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "Nizel" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 20th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, March 13th 2012, 1:20pm

idea for differentiating bolt action snipers...

i dont know about you guys but i feel somewhat disappointed that the bolt action snipers all feel the same (maybe its just me ) so i came up with an idea of making different classes within the bolt actions, im not saying these need to be implemented its just a theory that i;d like feedback on

so like a said there would be 3 types of bolt actions

Powerful snipers- one shot kills the everywhere but the limbs at the cost of fairly large bullet spread
Long Range snipers- the longest range of the snipers with one shot kills to the upper chest, neck and head and the lowest bullet drop/highest bullet velocity at the cost of a slow reload and chamber animations (sorry if thats the wrong term) and moderate buller spread
Accuracy snipers- essentially how snipers are now, one shot kills to the head only, no spread... assuming a player has a good aim these snipers will always land on target

... again just atheory i;d like feedback on

Date of registration
: Jan 31st 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, March 13th 2012, 2:34pm

Re: idea for differentiating bolt action snipers...

Doesn't "bullet spread" mean there's just some randomness in whether you'll hit on target or near it?

So you're rolling the dice on whether you get a kill or whether you miss entirely, and it's not based on skill? That doesn't sound fun for the shooter OR the person being shot.

I don't think bullet spread is a good idea for bolt action or semiautomatic weapons. The randomness averages out when you're firing a 30 round mag in seconds so it kind of works out with fast firing automatic weapons but when it's one bullet and the difference is black and white hit or miss for your one single shot that you might have lined up perfectly it'd just be incredibly pointless and frustrating to miss.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Tuesday, March 13th 2012, 3:06pm

BC2 had spread on snipers, like the M95 had a ton of damage but could miss by like 30cm on 300 meters... Sure it could solve a bit of balance, but damn that's annoying...

Plus the difference between OHK and 70-80 damage just isn't worth it in the end. You'd just go for two accurate 80 hits than maybe missing the target 2-5 times if you're unlucky.

If I'm in the perfect position with perfect support and perfect aim, I really want my bullets to hit the target, cause that just how accurate sniper rifles are... The random spread in-game is just a poor representation of recoil inaccuracy. The real weapon spread is a lot less...

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Date of registration
: Feb 22nd 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, March 13th 2012, 3:36pm

Quoted from ""Nizel""

Powerful snipers- one shot kills the everywhere but the limbs at the cost of fairly large bullet spread
Long Range snipers- the longest range of the snipers with one shot kills to the upper chest, neck and head and the lowest bullet drop/highest bullet velocity at the cost of a slow reload and chamber animations (sorry if thats the wrong term) and moderate buller spread
Accuracy snipers- essentially how snipers are now, one shot kills to the head only, no spread... assuming a player has a good aim these snipers will always land on target

Powerful sniper rifles fundamentally are long range rifles and vice versa. I think people are forgetting that the weapons in BF3 are portraying real world weapons, which are made to be versatile...

Riesig

Random Signature Generator

(814)

Date of registration
: Mar 8th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, March 13th 2012, 3:43pm

A plausible BF2 esque balance was that an M95 is superior in terms of damage, but it is quite inaccurate compared to the L96A2 was that the crosshairs were simply TOO THICK.

Quoted

The .338 Lapua does all of that. It's an accurate long range anti personnel round. Way better than a .50 BMG in taking out personnel at ranges, and is better than that abortion of a CheyTac round. Dunno about Barret's (.416)own answer to CheyTac's round.
I'm a tsundere tentacle

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, March 13th 2012, 4:53pm

Quoted from ""Nizel""

I think that's just asking for more guys running around with a HOLO sight and making 1-hit-kills, especially because they will indeed become pretty useless at range...

Date of registration
: Feb 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, March 13th 2012, 4:53pm

I think they're balanced and do have a different feel to them. The fact is, they're all bolt-actions, and most bolt-actions in real life are rather similar. They have different bullet drop/mag size/damage drop off/reload time. Enough for me, and perfectly balanced.

I think making so many different types of bolt-actions would spoil it.

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2011

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Tuesday, March 13th 2012, 5:37pm

I can definitely understand your pain Ecasx lol. I personally feel that there are not enough incentives to use the various rifles (ex. it seems to me that the M40 is absolutely worthless so long as the L96 remains in-game, correct me if I am wrong) This is definitely a step in the right direction. Personally I cherish the 98B, even in CQC combat with the proper scope. I guess I feel that some rifles ought to be taken out or the differences should be more pronounced gaming/balance wise.

Date of registration
: Feb 10th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Tuesday, March 13th 2012, 5:45pm

As it is the Sniper rifle balancing is utter crap; there are 2 groups of 3-4 weapons which all handle identically and 2 'oddballs'. IMO DICE made a humungous mistake giving each rifle the same scope; scope preference was a major factor in the balancing of Bad Company 2's bolt actions but in this game the main differentiating feature between them in BC2 is identical.
Forum Rules

Hey guys, lets all remember here that this is Symthic, and we are all mature enough to debate a topic without becoming emotional or insulting. Ad Hominim attacks only demonstrate that your position is weak and that you've run out of supporting evidence and serve to undermine your own position. I hope no one here drops to that level.

Quotes

[Auto's] voice is like butter on the ears

I am quite positive auto's worst fear is a forum with no threads that need to be locked.

Date of registration
: Jan 29th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Tuesday, March 13th 2012, 5:59pm

I like how BC2 did the accuracy/spread. You couldn't necessarily run around full aout expecting to hit much, and burst fire wasn't only recommended, it was preferred.
G3A3 or bust

Gunners and passengers are just for show.