Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "MegaMoule" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 10th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, March 8th 2012, 4:37am

Let's talk pistols

Since the pistols complement your main weapon, I don't believe that there is a "best" pistol, but rather, a "best pistol for the situation". There is also the fact that you can't simply choose a pistol based on its stats; you have to consider which attachment you want.

So here is my question: Which pistol do you use in combination with X weapon/weapon type? Explain why.

My choices:
  • With Assault rifles w/ Suppressor, AS Val: 1911 Tact. My AR/VAL cover my midrange, pistol covers close range. Statwise, the 1911 is my favorite semi-auto pistol because its damage makes for a quick kill
  • With Assault rifles w/ HBar, Shotguns, LMGs: G17C Supp. Since my main gun shows me on the minimap, I use the pistol when I want to go ninja. For a suppressed pistol, I prefer using the G17 over the 1911 because the laser sight compensate for the suppressor's reduction of hipfire accuracy
  • With carbines & PDW: .44 (scoped). Better at midrange than other pistols, and I always run my carbines/PDW suppressed
  • With Sniper rifles: G18. Obvious advantage of having an automatic gun when your other gun is a slow firing, long range OHK gun. G18 over 93R because I'd rather burst fire manually than be forced to do it

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, March 8th 2012, 5:28am

Re: Let's talk pistols

Assault Rifle with medkits--Raffica--lets me use my pistol as a second primary if my AR runs out
Assault Rifle with 320Buck--Raffica or '44 Scoped, depends on primary--finishing weapon for long range or second primary, depends on what else I'm running though
Assault Rifle with M26 Dart--'44 Scoped--I have CQB covered, I just want to be able to put that last round downrange

Carbines--Raffica--Need to be able to pistolwhip in CQB, having a second primary is nice

LMGs with long reloads--Raffica--Just for when I get ambushed reloading
LMGs with short reloads--M1911S--finishing weapon for most ranges

Bolt-Actions--Raffica--when I'm quickscoping in softcore, I need to be able to whip out my sidearm in emergencies (Yes, I'm that idiot that quickscopes in softcore, where only headshots matter)--and I don't snipe, so... .
Semiauto Snipers--Raffica--need the CQB option, though I use these aggressively too

PDWs except Val and PP2K--'44 Scoped to complement lack of long-range capabilites
PP2000--Raffica--I run a kind of medium-to-long range PP2000, so a Raffica is a good fit
AS Val--Raffica, M1911S--depends on kit/setup

Shotguns with Flechettes--'44 Scoped--just for range
Shotguns with Slugs--Raffica--in case I miss

Pistols-only TDM--M1911S--note that I play on Xbox, there aren't pistols-only servers. Famas vs. M1911S, go! Awww crap... .

Explanations in a bit more detail:

Note on the '44 Scoped--now that I've gotten my Mastery Dog Tags, I'm trying using the '44 Magnum in its place. So the two are interchangeable on the above list. Same with the Rex, I'm not sure which I prefer. Post-patch I'll be using the Rex.

I prefer the Raffica to the G18 for several reasons:
1) It requires skill. I like having a challenge, unlike most players. G18 is a skill-less weapon, in the ranks of the Famas and USAS. I'd say it takes less skill than either of those since it's a pistol. Easily the most-horrible-player-friendly weapon in the game. I'm almost embarrassed using the G18. It says to a lot of players "hey, look at me, I don't have any skill at this game!"--or at least, it seems that way to me and my clanmates.
2) More comfortable recoil for shooting at >1m
3) I can tap the trigger to fire it at 900 rpm rather easily, I have a ton of experience from BC2 (1250+ kills).
4) Burst fire means I don't splurge ammo accidentally or unnecessarily, for the most part.
5) One more round can actually be relevant sometimes.
6) IT'S SUCH A COOL GUN! It looks cool, sounds cool, reload is cool to watch, etc. Also, it doesn't sound like derp-derp-derp-derp-derp when I'm firing it like the G18S does.
7) It was my signature weapon from BC2, I want to keep using it.

I only have so many kills with the G18 because I occasionally uninstall my Karkand update and play pre-patch. No one has the USAS unlocked and the Famas doesn't exist--it's a tranquil existence, utterly lacking in overpowered weapons. Day one balance was better than current balance. I don't have enough co-op points in the pre-patch version to unlock the Raffica, so I have to use the G18 when I would be RAFFING AT MY ENEMIES. I only should have one star on the G18S (for dogtags), the rest are from pre-Karkand.

The only thing that really irks me about the G18 (other than the lack of a skill requirement) is that it can kill faster than certain weapons at certain ranges. Its time to kill at close range is greater than more than half of the weapons in the game. Skill-less weapon kills faster than most guns? Sounds about as overpowered as the Famas. I'd actually say that the G18 is ruining the game more than the Famas. Almost.

I'll be honest though, the Raffica takes some time to get used to. And it takes time to unlock. I can understand players not wanting to put in the effort. It just bugs me, though.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Date of registration
: Feb 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 8th 2012, 5:33am

Suppressed M9s, grachs, and 1911s are all really underrated all round I think, low recoil so they'll fire faster at long range while still being very useable from the hip

They're getting nerfed hard next patch so I'm going to use them exclusively in the mean time!

e. I really want to like the 93r for the single fire, but something about the ironsights or the firing animation feels off to me. Maybe I just need to get used to it

Date of registration
: Jan 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 8th 2012, 6:01am

Quoted from ""jaedong""

Suppressed M9s, grachs, and 1911s are all really underrated all round I think, low recoil so they'll fire faster at long range while still being very useable from the hip

They're getting nerfed hard next patch so I'm going to use them exclusively in the mean time!

Not really, they're loosing a bit of ADS accuracy that you really weren't using and their hipfire is increasing. It just means that you're better off using unsuppressed pistols if the only time you use your side are are the 'oh shit' hipfire kinds of scenarios.

I've got a bunch of kills with the 1911 tac, but upon realizing that im not getting a dog tag for it I decided to try out the other handguns. I'm best with the 1911, but I've settled on the REX because, despite it having some of the worst iron sights in the game, the reload animation is awesome :p

Date of registration
: Feb 13th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 8th 2012, 6:18am

Usually run the M1911-suppressed with everything. Just my preference.

I will say that an 870 with a .44 is a badass loadout.

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 8th 2012, 7:11am

MP443 regular or suppressed with everything
I personally think its the best pistol by far. GREAT hip fire accuracy, great ROF, okay sights (I generally hipfire with pistols, so its not a issue for me), even though the M9 has slight better sights and the same stats, I use the MP443 because it has an extra 2 bullets per mag.

BUT when I'm bored of the MP443 I use the .44 or 1911 and go for headshots (fun as hell, imo),

I'm coming for your tags. You have been warned.
Ranking Score -- Top 1%
Dogtags -- Top 1%
Knife kills -- Top 3%
BF3 Stats

Riesig

Random Signature Generator

(814)

Date of registration
: Mar 8th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, March 8th 2012, 7:13am

As much as I like the Raffica as being an anime-girl gun (I like how the gun is portrayed) and that it's like a bridge between being called a gay G18 noob.

Back to topic : As much as SI like the Raffica, until that jamming thing is fixed, I won't use it. I've mastered the AN-94 enough to fire consistently, but the Raffica just jams. Coupled with inaccurate fire and low damage (even if all 3 rounds hit) you're more likely dead anyway.

Pistol priority - .44 > REX > .44 Scoped > Raffia > M1911
I'm a tsundere tentacle

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2011

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 8th 2012, 7:27am

I used the suppressed M1911 with all kits for a very long time but have recently just gone back to the normal G18 with all kits. The damage drop off is too huge to try to any long range kills with any of the pistols in my opinion. Your better off searching the ground for another kit if you run out of ammo than trying to long-range with a pistol. Back on topic - the G18 best fits the "oh shit" moments in my opinion, which is the only time I use a pistol. These moments are almost always CQC so I still think it's the best. It even beats the 2 shot .44Mag for time to kill... enough said.

Date of registration
: Feb 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 8th 2012, 8:01am

Quoted from ""1awrenceofarabia""

Quoted from ""jaedong""

Not really, they're loosing a bit of ADS accuracy that you really weren't using and their hipfire is increasing. It just means that you're better off using unsuppressed pistols if the only time you use your side are are the 'oh shit' hipfire kinds of scenarios.

'oh shit hipfire' is like 90% of my pistol kills. The Supp pistols are still really accurate from the hip!

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Thursday, March 8th 2012, 8:22am

I only use pistols as "oh crap!" when my main weapon is empty, plus I don't want to get spotted so... G18 Suppressed

*maybe* .44 when using shotguns for some ranged capabilities, but G18 works fine on range as well...

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again